Oceanic players on the forced restriction to use EU servers

I've been asking for weeks now. Not one response from a single dev on twitter or on here. during both beta tests Oce players were forced to endure 500+ pings to Eu servers because they decided that tying server selection to seperate clients which are in different regional stores would be a good idea.

Australias PSN is ran by Sony Eu which isn't usually an issue in my experience, but when a dev decides they need a seperate client that can only link to Eu on the Eu store and an NA connecting client to the NA store it causes problems.

There is a way to work around this that involves creating a seperate PSN with a new email address and an American postal address but it is just that, a work around and not something that should be expected from a respectable company to enforce on players with clients the way they are.

Will this change in launch of should we all just delete Tera from our consoles because this game is not playable with it's combat system at such high pings.

Can we finally get a damn answer, DO YOU WANT AN OCEANIC PLAYERBASE OR DON'T YOU? Because this refusal to ignore any posts on the matter is absolutely disgusting customer service and is not the kind of practice from a dev team who want to grow their game on new platforms(or in general).

@CobaltDragon @Denommenator @Geletron

Comments

• @CobaltDragon @Denommenator @Geletron anything to add to the conversation?

• @CobaltDragon @Denommenator @Geletron Can we finalyl get an answer on the client servicing this region? If we are having this problem here then I am going to assume other parts of the world likely have similar issues.
  • lolwatlolwat ✭✭
    EME is pretty silent on everything about console. It's unfortunate. I get that they're working hard to release the game, but having no communication is really bad when so many things are up in the air still.
  • lolwat wrote: »
    EME is pretty silent on everything about console. It's unfortunate. I get that they're working hard to release the game, but having no communication is really bad when so many things are up in the air still.

They're throwing away thousands of concurrent potential players with this silence though. I'e almost completely lost interest in the game. If the game launches and I'm forced to play on Eu I'm deleting Tera and I don't doubt that will be the sentiment for most of the Oce community. I have to wonder if other parts of the world are having similar issues.
  • NemmarNemmar ✭✭
    edited March 23
    I wish you luck.

I also have a feeling they are working on trying to solve it, but it sounds like a big issue.
    They would have to allow you to do micro transactions on the US store with an EU account.
    It's not permitted to change regions on psn so I imagine it's quite the conundrum. I guess the games that let you do so simply have a merged match making systems that place people together in a smart way, but mmo's are a bit more complicated as everyone that is logged on should be visible and the regions are therefore separate to ensure good pings.

I do think creating that NA account is your best choice until you hear some news.
  • If Warframe and Neverwinter can do it, both free to play games with similar studio sizes, I don't see what the problem is outside of laziness. It can be done, others are doing it, it is standard business practice.

@CobaltDragon @Geletron @Denommenator still no comment on the matter?
  • I answered this during OBT1, so I am sorry you missed that response....

I put in the following suggestion for consideration :

"Players from Australia are being put into the EU Servers by default, and many have voiced their opinion that the preference be to be default to the NA Servers. Apparently in quite a few other games, Australia is defaulted into NA Servers."
  • @CobaltDragon That literally tells us nothing... So we will be defaulting to Eu but can we change that through your game as part of the service provided or not?

Seems I didn't miss anything, you in fact just gave a non-answer or is that supposed to be a question?

Oceanic as a whole(Australia, New Zealand and even Indonesia to a degree) are used to playing on NA if they cannot play a more local server. I cannot think of any multiplayer game that does not do this. If you did a survey of the Oceanic playerbase you would get almost 100% players voting to be placed in NA over Eu if given the choice. If in the same survey you asked would they tolerate playing on Eu servers knowing that NA ones exist you would also get a near 100% NO.

I can't believe this is even an issue that needs to be discussed.
  • His answer to your rant was, they are aware of this and passed it along to the big wigs to hopefully be corrected.
  • VoidBlue wrote: »
    His answer to your rant was, they are aware of this and passed it along to the big wigs to hopefully be corrected.

Not what was actually said but you can imply whatever you want. All h stated was what was happening and no intention or plan beyond that. He literally just said "This is a thing that is happening. Yes." It's as useful as not replying at all.
  • That's exactly what he said.

"I put in the following suggestion for consideration"

Which means, he passed the word along to the bigwigs to hopefully correct it.

He even posted what he said to those bigwigs about how AU tends to be on NA.

Clear the red rage from your eyes and you might be able to understand what he wrote.
  • simitsimit ✭✭
    I mind when i played on pc the rage from AU players was why they was always put on NA servers, funny how things change
  • @simit

Yeah, I've seen a few people on discord say they prefer EU servers as it gets better ping for them.
  • Wi2ardWi2ard ✭✭✭
    I mean, isn't the ping going to be awful no matter what server the big island-continent in the middle of nowhere defaults to?
  • NemmarNemmar ✭✭
    If you ask me they should put up an in-game poll for oceanic players to see what they prefer.

It may be the ones here in the forums are the exception, or not. I wouldn't make decisions based solely on the forum feedback.