We're having maintenance Tuesday, November 20 from 8 - 11 am PDT (three hours).

Tera En Masses Server Not Connecting Comcast Since 06/07/16 2200

So as of yesterday night my tera was having ping/lag issues, now it wont get past the launcher after I log in, I used the tera testing tool and it seems like there's an issue connecting between the server from en masse to the comcast server. Wondering if anyone else is having this issue.I live in the eastern side of the states.

Comments

• I can also log into all my other games with no issues. SWTOR/B&S
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could you follow the steps in the second half of this support note and post your traceroute results to 208.67.49.145? This is the information support would need to help resolve the problem between you and the TERA server.
  • All right will do. Thanks for the info.
  • Well just did the traceroute and it seems to be timing out on the 2nd line. So guess I'll have to wait on it either resolving itself or the 7 to 12 days for support to do something oh welp patience is a vir.... something like that.
    Omikk wrote: »
    Well just did the traceroute and it seems to be timing out on the 2nd line. So guess I'll have to wait on it either resolving itself or the 7 to 12 days for support to do something oh welp patience is a vir.... something like that.

It's timing out after the second line and not getting any further? (It may be normal for it to not resolve or skip some lines, but it stops...?) If it's only the second line... that's really close to you. It'd be at your ISP. For some reason could your ISP be blocking TERA servers?
  • It goes down to the 15 line but the only one that times out its the 2nd, all the others are fine.
    It goes down to the 15 line but the only one that times out its the 2nd, all the others are fine.
    Hmm - and the last line is 208.67.49.145, then?

In that case, it may be something else; it's not so unusual for a given node to timeout so long as it keeps going. When you say, "it can't get past the launcher", what happens? Does it give you any sort of error? Or does it just get stuck somehow?
  • Yeah up to the last line. Well I click on play and it just doesnt do anything after that, even the starting logo of the ninja doesn't come up as if its not running the client.
  • I'll probably just give my ISP a call, and wait for the CS support to see what they can help with. But i don't see what could of changed from last night which started as lagging and high ping to not being able to get past my launcher screen even though i can get past the log in part of the launcher with no errors afterwards.
  • If the play button is yellow and clickable and if you are able to log in, then the problem could be related to Windows Defender or some other Anti-virus, anti-malware program.

You may want to check out the steps outlined in this thread to see how to add TERA to the Windows Defender exception list.

http://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/comment/9862#Comment_9862
    I'll probably just give my ISP a call, and wait for the CS support to see what they can help with. But i don't see what could of changed from last night which started as lagging and high ping to not being able to get past my launcher screen even though i can get past the log in part of the launcher with no errors afterwards.

Yeah, based on what you're saying, I don't think it's the ISP. As Geletron says, try checking Windows Defender or anti-virus, or otherwise... I might even try restarting your computer and checking for updates. Maybe something is just hung up for some reason.
  • Not sure what happened but all the sudden is starting up the game now after a restart to the system, didn't do anything different either or made any changes. Even though is working now, not knowing what caused the issue is just going to annoy me to no end oh well. Thanks for the info. guys. Maybe is just Windows 10 being Windows 10 eh who knows.