[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Server is down?

Comments

• Shinku89Shinku89 ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I am also having the same problem right after patch... tried everything as well, even downloading from Steam. :/
    also for some reason cant use tools - repair option in launcher.

btw, I am also from different region. I have a feeling it's no coincidence people from different regions are experiencing the same error, since yesterday.

counterpoint, it will give me packets: sent: 4, received: 4, lost: 0%
    minimum:13ms, maxiumum: 18ms, average: 16ms
  • edited March 2018
    Shinku89 wrote: »
    It should be right above that, where it says "Statistics for..." and a series of numbers.

I have : 81.23.28.137 I am from another country even from another continent, and it seems to me that the ping will be quite different.
    Thanks -- confirmed that this is a bad patch server node, and I let EME know. There might be more if everyone can keep posting.

You should be able to workaround the problem using these steps:

1. Click/press Start
    2. Type: notepad (without pressing Enter)
    3. When the Notepad icon appears in the search results, right-click on it and choose "Run as Administrator"
    4. From the File menu, choose Open and paste exactly this line in the File name box (with quotes)

"C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts"

...and press Enter. This will open a file that starts like this:

# Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.
    #
    # This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.

(If it doesn't open a file that starts this way, Windows might be installed in a different place on your machine. If you can find the Windows install folder, you should be able to figure out the equivalent location.)

5. At the bottom of this file add this line (exactly as shown below):

206.248.168.162 patch.tera.enmasse-game.com

6. Save the file, and restart the TERA Launcher.

Edit: I tried testing again now, and it looks like they might have fixed it (without you having to do the above). Hopefully that fixes it for everyone, but if not, please post the IP address of the patch server again and I'll test again.
  • StarkhoeStarkhoe ✭✭✭
    I strongly suspect they'll be able to give missing time back, but first have to fix the issue.

I hope so. I tend to believe in you're intentions, however I am rather skeptic when it comes to them. It wasn't so long ago that they messed up about these things, when they practically erased a newly purchased voucher I got, which were 90 days that went down the drain, after some more so called "updates". I have provided more then enough evidence for all the actions which have transpired, and have never gotten a response. That one is one them, and it was one of their many actions which have led me to believe that they run a two cent little shtick here. However, i`m not one to make a fuss over nonsense considering all the years ive been playing. I have seen their ups and down, have been more then understanding about it, and gold is no object to those with the correct insight to implement proper managing about these matters. However, I do draw the line about not being able to log into the game. That is something I am unable to overlook, despite my best intentions.

P.S: Ive seen how you constantly attention to convey issues which most people choose to overlook. And to that I salute you. Hell, I think they should even pay you, for all the free service you seem to give. Which is also why I should tell you that, out of nowhere, suddenly their launcher started working properly, after hours of tempering on my side of things. Very particular indeed.
  • edited March 2018
    Starkhoe wrote: »
    Which is also why I should tell you that, out of nowhere, suddenly their launcher started working properly, after hours of tempering on my side of things. Very particular indeed.

Glad it worked for you, too. After confirming the problem based on the IP provided earlier, it seems EME was able to take some action to resolve it with their CDN provider, so looks like it's working more broadly. (I already confirmed that one IP address was fixed, but not sure if everyone else was also on the same server or not.)

And yes, I recommend that you follow-up with your ticket to mention the amount of time that you weren't able to play due to this issue. This sort of failure isn't caused by EME, exactly (it's a problem with their CDN service), but it isn't your fault either. It's still EME's responsibility to fix these sorts of issues when things break, even if it's only for an isolated group of players.
  • EdlinEdlin ✭✭
    I'm having your same issue. "glad" to know it's not only about me. How do i fix it? :anguished:
  • Thank you for taking action and helping resolve the issue counter :) tera works for me now. ^__^
  • Edlin wrote: »
    I'm having your same issue. "glad" to know it's not only about me. How do i fix it? :anguished:

redownload tera , it worked for me
  • EdlinEdlin ✭✭
    Edlin wrote: »

redownload tera , it worked for me

I tried, but it doesn't work. :disappointed_relieved:
  • Thanks to everyone who helped solve the problem. I'm just trying to run and it worked. However, I wrote down all your Сounterpoint
    instructions just in case, if suddenly that again does not go. Thanks again to all!
  • EdlinEdlin ✭✭
    It should be right above that, where it says "Statistics for..." and a series of numbers.

I have : 81.23.28.137 I am from another country even from another continent, and it seems to me that the ping will be quite different.
    Thanks -- confirmed that this is a bad patch server node, and I let EME know. There might be more if everyone can keep posting.

You should be able to workaround the problem using these steps:

1. Click/press Start
    2. Type: notepad (without pressing Enter)
    3. When the Notepad icon appears in the search results, right-click on it and choose "Run as Administrator"
    4. From the File menu, choose Open and paste exactly this line in the File name box (with quotes)

"C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts"

...and press Enter. This will open a file that starts like this:

# Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.
    #
    # This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.

(If it doesn't open a file that starts this way, Windows might be installed in a different place on your machine. If you can find the Windows install folder, you should be able to figure out the equivalent location.)

5. At the bottom of this file add this line (exactly as shown below):

206.248.168.162 patch.tera.enmasse-game.com

6. Save the file, and restart the TERA Launcher.

Mine is 95.101.180.82
    What should i do now? :anguished:
  • Edlin wrote: »
    Mine is 95.101.180.82
    I checked that patch server and it seems to be okay. So it might be that you have a different problem. Are you getting the same "unable to unzip manifest" error that others were having, or does it say something else?
  • EdlinEdlin ✭✭
    Mine is 95.101.180.82
    I checked that patch server and it seems to be okay. So it might be that you have a different problem. Are you getting the same "unable to unzip manifest" error that others were having, or does it say something else?

Ye, i'm getting the same error.. "unable to unzip manifest" :anguished:
  • edited March 2018
    Mine is 95.101.180.82

Well, you can still try the steps I posted earlier, but because it doesn't look like it's a patch server problem in this case, there's a good chance it won't fix it. If the points in this support note don't help, then best to send your diagnostic report (from the Tools section of the launcher) along with your launcher.log file (in your install folder) to EME in a Support Ticket.
  • EdlinEdlin ✭✭
    Mine is 95.101.180.82

Well, you can still try the steps I posted earlier, but because it doesn't look like it's a patch server problem in this case, there's a good chance it won't fix it. If the points in this support note don't help, then best to send your diagnostic report (from the Tools section of the launcher) along with your launcher.log file (in your install folder) to EME in a Support Ticket.

Ok, thanks :+1:
  • edited March 2018
    Heya, since I'm not sure Edlin is also from EU, i'm just giving it a go..
    I'm having the same issue as Edlin with the "unable to unzip manifest" message.
    With the cmd command i get: 206.248.168.162
    I had something else with 88 before, but it probably is because of adding that ip to the host file.
    I am from EU by the way, I disgust p2w so this is the only option to try out the game :D
    And it seems i cant set a username, so rip me..
This discussion has been closed.