[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Returning Player Frustrations

I played the beta and purchased a founders edition box before launch. I played for a long time and loved the combat. However after a few years I ventured to other MMOs. Recently I logged on and noticed the the campfire charms and craftable buffs were gone. And while that bummed me, I accepted it. What REALLY irritated me was removing Outlaw from lvl 11 on up. Did people cry that much over griefing? Because if you're on a PvP server, that's part of the risks. You accept and expect it to happen. You can't act like you're PvP, roll a PvP server, then whine because you got 1-shot by someone 40 levels higher than you. I've actually been attacked by 3 characters at my level and killed all of them. Moments like that is what made me love the game. Fighting the odds or being crafty. And hell. We have CHANNELS!!! Does Bluehole ever plan on changing this or maybe making a PURE PvP server? Because right now coming back doesn't seem worth it if they're trying to cater to the casuals.
«1

Comments

  • The outlaw was moved up to 65 mostly due to the release of new classes. Since a new class would come out, players would play them, other players would sit on their level 65's and camp all the levelling zones. This meant that GM's had to sit around banning players all day on the release of new classes.

    This happened on not just the NA version but other versions too, which lead to BHS removing OWPvP below level 65.

    There was also huge uproar when those incidents happened because of people on one side saying it's PvP on a PvP server it shouldn't be punishable, and people on the other side saying it's unfair and intentional griefing. Overall neither side was right or wrong, so they just removed it.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    RaizoKuma wrote: »
    I played the beta and purchased a founders edition box before launch. I played for a long time and loved the combat. However after a few years I ventured to other MMOs. Recently I logged on and noticed the the campfire charms and craftable buffs were gone. And while that bummed me, I accepted it. What REALLY irritated me was removing Outlaw from lvl 11 on up. Did people cry that much over griefing? Because if you're on a PvP server, that's part of the risks. You accept and expect it to happen. You can't act like you're PvP, roll a PvP server, then whine because you got 1-shot by someone 40 levels higher than you. I've actually been attacked by 3 characters at my level and killed all of them. Moments like that is what made me love the game. Fighting the odds or being crafty. And hell. We have CHANNELS!!! Does Bluehole ever plan on changing this or maybe making a PURE PvP server? Because right now coming back doesn't seem worth it if they're trying to cater to the casuals.

    It looks like you don't know that guilds were camping lumbertown on every channel for several days making the game lose thousands of players because most of them couldnt past from level 11 thanks to those pkers griefing over low level players just because that's the way they chose to whine over gender lock clases.

    Way to go to attack players we lost in your post when the fault liest on those pkers whining because gender lock taking things overboard.
  • Can you imagine actually being upset over being unable to kill level 11s on your 65? Wew lad.
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaizoKuma wrote: »
    I played the beta and purchased a founders edition box before launch. I played for a long time and loved the combat. However after a few years I ventured to other MMOs. Recently I logged on and noticed the the campfire charms and craftable buffs were gone. And while that bummed me, I accepted it. What REALLY irritated me was removing Outlaw from lvl 11 on up. Did people cry that much over griefing? Because if you're on a PvP server, that's part of the risks. You accept and expect it to happen. You can't act like you're PvP, roll a PvP server, then whine because you got 1-shot by someone 40 levels higher than you. I've actually been attacked by 3 characters at my level and killed all of them. Moments like that is what made me love the game. Fighting the odds or being crafty. And hell. We have CHANNELS!!! Does Bluehole ever plan on changing this or maybe making a PURE PvP server? Because right now coming back doesn't seem worth it if they're trying to cater to the casuals.

    I would say that you are at least 2 years too late in these arguments. we have a post about once every few months addressing these things, but its a waste of time typing it cause they wont change it back. good luck though
  • PagesPages ✭✭✭✭
    RaizoKuma wrote: »
    I played the beta and purchased a founders edition box before launch. I played for a long time and loved the combat. However after a few years I ventured to other MMOs. Recently I logged on and noticed the the campfire charms and craftable buffs were gone. And while that bummed me, I accepted it. What REALLY irritated me was removing Outlaw from lvl 11 on up. Did people cry that much over griefing? Because if you're on a PvP server, that's part of the risks. You accept and expect it to happen. You can't act like you're PvP, roll a PvP server, then whine because you got 1-shot by someone 40 levels higher than you. I've actually been attacked by 3 characters at my level and killed all of them. Moments like that is what made me love the game. Fighting the odds or being crafty. And hell. We have CHANNELS!!! Does Bluehole ever plan on changing this or maybe making a PURE PvP server? Because right now coming back doesn't seem worth it if they're trying to cater to the casuals.

    KTERA has never had level 65 PVP. This isn't a change Bluehole made, it's a change En Masse made. The Outlaw system on NA was not used on KR, and EME changed our version to use the same PVP system that KR uses (65-only).
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaizoKuma wrote: »
    I played the beta and purchased a founders edition box before launch. I played for a long time and loved the combat. However after a few years I ventured to other MMOs. Recently I logged on and noticed the the campfire charms and craftable buffs were gone. And while that bummed me, I accepted it. What REALLY irritated me was removing Outlaw from lvl 11 on up. Did people cry that much over griefing? Because if you're on a PvP server, that's part of the risks. You accept and expect it to happen. You can't act like you're PvP, roll a PvP server, then whine because you got 1-shot by someone 40 levels higher than you. I've actually been attacked by 3 characters at my level and killed all of them. Moments like that is what made me love the game. Fighting the odds or being crafty. And hell. We have CHANNELS!!! Does Bluehole ever plan on changing this or maybe making a PURE PvP server? Because right now coming back doesn't seem worth it if they're trying to cater to the casuals.

    well it is too late to complaint and anyway it is not like you can do something against that, so live with that or dont back to tera and stay with your current mmorpg :)
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Pages wrote: »
    RaizoKuma wrote: »
    I played the beta and purchased a founders edition box before launch. I played for a long time and loved the combat. However after a few years I ventured to other MMOs. Recently I logged on and noticed the the campfire charms and craftable buffs were gone. And while that bummed me, I accepted it. What REALLY irritated me was removing Outlaw from lvl 11 on up. Did people cry that much over griefing? Because if you're on a PvP server, that's part of the risks. You accept and expect it to happen. You can't act like you're PvP, roll a PvP server, then whine because you got 1-shot by someone 40 levels higher than you. I've actually been attacked by 3 characters at my level and killed all of them. Moments like that is what made me love the game. Fighting the odds or being crafty. And hell. We have CHANNELS!!! Does Bluehole ever plan on changing this or maybe making a PURE PvP server? Because right now coming back doesn't seem worth it if they're trying to cater to the casuals.

    KTERA has never had level 65 PVP. This isn't a change Bluehole made, it's a change En Masse made. The Outlaw system on NA was not used on KR, and EME changed our version to use the same PVP system that KR uses (65-only).

    Actually, you are wrong. It is a change BHS made (via moving Outlaw Declaration and pvp targetting to level 65), and then EME not wanting to change the build BHS provided (thus indirectly causing PvP65 to happen). To be honest, it is just pure laziness since when Fey Forest was launched (past merger of Highwatch, Valley of Titans and Lake of Tears), there were servers of both types, and I am inclined to believe that the changes in the servers aren't huge enough to warrant a full day's work unless the game is hardcoded (and I think that is the reason why they eventually stopped using the old PvP server build anymore).

    What would be correct would be to say KTera has never had PvE servers (as with JTera, TWTera and iirc the new Thai server)
  • When valkyrie was released I wanted back to the game as well. First thing what I did after come to Velika was as always try to make outlaw skill. When I realised it was moved to 65 I was uninstalled the game. And I never returned to Tera after this.

    I do not understand how stupid EME may be to remove PvP from PvP server. That is completly nonsense. That was the whole fun from make never characters to PvP everyone on spots till lvl cap.
  • MidokuPastaMidokuPasta ✭✭✭✭
    Zdzisiu wrote: »
    When valkyrie was released I wanted back to the game as well. First thing what I did after come to Velika was as always try to make outlaw skill. When I realised it was moved to 65 I was uninstalled the game. And I never returned to Tera after this.

    I do not understand how stupid EME may be to remove PvP from PvP server. That is completly nonsense. That was the whole fun from make never characters to PvP everyone on spots till lvl cap.

    We don't miss you at all. People complaining because they can't murder new and learning players. Shame I don't PVP anymore I would have smoked you over and over again.
  • It would be interesting to see the level 65 players getting equalized with gear/skills/level when entering certain areas.

    Would that stop PK? And also entertaing some PvP? Because camping areas with 20+ levels higher and griefing is definitely not something contructive and neither fun ( even the griefers that like this kind of torture get bored eventually ).
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zdzisiu wrote: »
    When valkyrie was released I wanted back to the game as well. First thing what I did after come to Velika was as always try to make outlaw skill. When I realised it was moved to 65 I was uninstalled the game. And I never returned to Tera after this.

    I do not understand how stupid EME may be to remove PvP from PvP server. That is completly nonsense. That was the whole fun from make never characters to PvP everyone on spots till lvl cap.

    We don't miss you at all. People complaining because they can't murder new and learning players. Shame I don't PVP anymore I would have smoked you over and over again.

    I think they meant they made a new character to pvp with the new classes.
    Which was super fun, pvping at level 10 is always silly.
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    I hope you know about the genocides ..
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @seraphinush said:
    > I hope you know about the genocides ..

    Ofc i do, i used to play on mt and had fun with defending newbies from the geared guys but honestly, most of the time new people could pass freely.
    I remember mudkipz' videos as well which were honestly hilarious but w.e
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Skree doublepost
  • GelosGelos ✭✭
    this would be moot if enmasse could automatically adjust a higher level players gear and skills to the low level areas making it to where even though they are higher they are not able to one shot low level players unless their skill(ablility to perform) is better or more precise. this would have a two fold benefit higher level players could assist lower level players or friends in those leveling dungeons without taking away from gameplay or being bored.
Sign In or Register to comment.