[TERA PC] Kaia’s War—the latest content update for TERA PC—is now live! This patch brings a host of improvements to PvP, including increased rewards for battleground victories and Civil Unrest: Velika. Read the patch notes here: https://bit.ly/v92_notes

Healers, how do you keep your sanity?

Comments

• Almost all of the healers including OP who complained on this thread are completely clueless on what this game actually is.
    Tanks do their job by keeping aggro, turning bosses intentionally, and help the flow of the party with enrage timers.
    DPS do their job by constantly attacking the boss with their rotation, with some classes being harder than others, to keep the maximum damage output to reduce the time duration of the dungeon.
    Healers do their job by healing, cleansing, keeping buffs up, and resurrecting players who messed up their iframes or position.

Healers are supposed to be the back up, or literally "the support" of the party, yet all of you guys are complaining about your own role that you picked for yourself. You guys sound like typical mercy one tricks who die easily and complain when others are dying. If you're letting someone die intentionally as a healer, all that shows is that you're an ungrateful spoiled [filtered] who needs to be put in place. Don't play a healer and ruin the reputation of good healers. If you play a class, then play the class right instead of erping in velika as an elin priest and getting carried in dungeons with most likely a tier or two lower than the Tank/DPS's gear, only to complain when the party doesn't match your standards.

If you're being unnecessarily complained at, honestly just git gud.
    They complain at you because they have experienced better healers, not whiny lil 5 year old elin priests.
    Every DPS/Tank player have ran with a healer, at least once, that lets them trust the healer easily and dish out more damage, engage in more risky plays, and simply trust the support for its support.

It amuses me how this thread even managed to get so big with so many complains from healers who can't do their jobs right.
    Always remember that opinions can go both ways. While you think the DPS/Tank is garbage, they can also think you're a garbage healer. And most of the times, a good healer will improve and hit such an impact on the party that they will praise you and thank you at the end of a run. But so far, as I can see from all these complaints are from garbage healers. It's a shame that some healers take their jobs seriously, but still get looked down upon because of you.

tl;dr
    learn to play the game, or reroll to archer.
  • HanzoMain wrote: »
    Almost all of the healers including OP who complained on this thread are completely clueless on what this game actually is.
    Tanks do their job by keeping aggro, turning bosses intentionally, and help the flow of the party with enrage timers.
    DPS do their job by constantly attacking the boss with their rotation, with some classes being harder than others, to keep the maximum damage output to reduce the time duration of the dungeon.
    Healers do their job by healing, cleansing, keeping buffs up, and resurrecting players who messed up their iframes or position.

Healers are supposed to be the back up, or literally "the support" of the party, yet all of you guys are complaining about your own role that you picked for yourself. You guys sound like typical mercy one tricks who die easily and complain when others are dying. If you're letting someone die intentionally as a healer, all that shows is that you're an ungrateful spoiled [filtered] who needs to be put in place. Don't play a healer and ruin the reputation of good healers. If you play a class, then play the class right instead of erping in velika as an elin priest and getting carried in dungeons with most likely a tier or two lower than the Tank/DPS's gear, only to complain when the party doesn't match your standards.

They complain at you because they have experienced better healers, not whiny lil 5 year old elin priests.
    Every DPS/Tank player have ran with a healer, at least once, that lets them trust the healer easily and dish out more damage, engage in more risky plays, and simply trust the support for its support.

It amuses me how this thread even managed to get so big with so many complains from healers who can't do their jobs right.
    Always remember that opinions can go both ways. While you think the DPS/Tank is garbage, they can also think you're a garbage healer. And most of the times, a good healer will improve and hit such an impact on the party that they will praise you and thank you at the end of a run. But so far, as I can see from all these complaints are from garbage healers. It's a shame that some healers take their jobs seriously, but still get looked down upon because of you.

tl;dr

I think you misunderstood the point of this thread, but that's alright because a few others have done that as well.
  • Margarethe wrote: »
    FaytEsteem wrote: »
    HanzoMain wrote: »
    Almost all of the healers including OP who complained on this thread are completely clueless on what this game actually is.

tl;dr

I think you misunderstood the point of this thread, but that's alright because a few others have done that as well.

It is a gaming forum.
    All must be taken extremely serious.
    Enough salt to give one hypertension might also be included.

That makes sense then
  • I'll usually mention something. If they show no effort to work with the party then a vote to kick begins. If it doesn't pass through then I just go through it. I'm pretty patient and can ignore unnecessary banter. I can handle staying 2 hours in a low difficulty dungeon. Even more if you're super cool and nice. Though right after that I'm calling it a day lol

I honestly can't remember any complaints toward me.
    People are actually pretty patient with me.
    If it's not constructive, I tend to tone them out. I usually can tell when I'm doing a bad job so when someone calls me out I agree with them and usually that ends that. I don't try to get on people's bad side. I've always gotten the job done. I keep you alive, cleansed, buffed and ress you as soon as I get the chance. Debuff boss, all that good stuff.

I tend to joke around a lot such as throwing Smile crackers at people or boss, greeting boss or players, /taunt over people's dead body, etc. That usually brightens the mood and make the dungeon run a "Just for fun" run rather than a serious one.
    I do serious runs when needed, but I mostly run anything below whatever hard dungeons are up for the whole reason that I just want to play and fool around.

PvP is harder on me as I'm not a smart enough player. I have gotten compliments and invites...but....I don't know....If I can't stay alive against a army I don't feel like I'm good enough healer.
    Still prefer PvP over PvE though ;p

As previously said, people asking for ress is annoying. I play mystic so another one is when you VoW someone and they don't even bother checking if they can ress and just lay there waiting on me so I have to go over there and ress them because apparently saying "You have VoW" is not good enough for some people. Other than that is picking up motes but that one is not a big deal. It's pretty much just people asking for ress that makes me roll my eyes.
    Ardire wrote: »
    "Should players BM when a dps has a garbage rotation with poor dps?"

this happens all the time, my guy-- can't tell you how many (usually female played, elin priests) i run into that CONSTANTLY complain about how "slow" runs are if they aren't up to their personal standards. most won't say exactly what the dps are doing wrong (cause they don't know) they just whine and whine "omg so slow" "we have low dps :/" etc etc

and yes i am specifically calling out female elin priest players cause ya'll are so annoying 5 years of ur BS and i am Done

lol
  • Fuelyn wrote: »
    I'll usually mention something. If they show no effort to work with the party then a vote to kick begins. If it doesn't pass through then I just go through it. I'm pretty patient and can ignore unnecessary banter. I can handle staying 2 hours in a low difficulty dungeon. Even more if you're super cool and nice. Though right after that I'm calling it a day lol

I honestly can't remember any complaints toward me.
    People are actually pretty patient with me.
    If it's not constructive, I tend to tone them out. I usually can tell when I'm doing a bad job so when someone calls me out I agree with them and usually that ends that. I don't try to get on people's bad side. I've always gotten the job done. I keep you alive, cleansed, buffed and ress you as soon as I get the chance. Debuff boss, all that good stuff.

I tend to joke around a lot such as throwing Smile crackers at people or boss, greeting boss or players, /taunt over people's dead body, etc. That usually brightens the mood and make the dungeon run a "Just for fun" run rather than a serious one.
    I do serious runs when needed, but I mostly run anything below whatever hard dungeons are up for the whole reason that I just want to play and fool around.

PvP is harder on me as I'm not a smart enough player. I have gotten compliments and invites...but....I don't know....If I can't stay alive against a army I don't feel like I'm good enough healer.
    Still prefer PvP over PvE though ;p

As previously said, people asking for ress is annoying. I play mystic so another one is when you VoW someone and they don't even bother checking if they can ress and just lay there waiting on me so I have to go over there and ress them because apparently saying "You have VoW" is not good enough for some people. Other than that is picking up motes but that one is not a big deal. It's pretty much just people asking for ress that makes me roll my eyes.
    Ardire wrote: »
    "Should players BM when a dps has a garbage rotation with poor dps?"

this happens all the time, my guy-- can't tell you how many (usually female played, elin priests) i run into that CONSTANTLY complain about how "slow" runs are if they aren't up to their personal standards. most won't say exactly what the dps are doing wrong (cause they don't know) they just whine and whine "omg so slow" "we have low dps :/" etc etc

and yes i am specifically calling out female elin priest players cause ya'll are so annoying 5 years of ur BS and i am Done

lol

Omg, I was waiting for someone to mention that vow part lmfao. That's happened to me plenty of times, and as for PvP I'll never forget CS days when enemy team would have a strong choke after inner gate goes down. And all I would see in chat is "Heal!" "Kaias!", love those times.
  • ElyannElyann ✭✭✭
    I get to keep my sanity ?
    I thought....I formally renounced to it the moment I started healing back in 2012...
  • VeliceaVelicea ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    oh full trap runs are my favorite. they teach you so much about healing. there's always going to be some things i can't heal through, like someone standing in the fire over there and running away from me, but for the most part it's a learning experience.
    i don't heal legitimate assholes though. especially people berating other party members. you can sit your [filtered] on the floor in time out until you stop acting like a d**k ty ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • HanzoMain wrote: »

tl;dr

If you keep insulting and complaining in the pt, w/o me actually doing something wrong, then I'm not gonna take it and shush only bc "it's my role" but I'll answer you in the way you deserve to be answered, even sending screenshots to support if it's too much.
    Being a priest/mystic doesn't mean being a saint, despite the classes' names :') and putting all the blame on healers like you do is unfair, also quite arrogant if I'm allowed to say so.
    Healers are support, but not your damn peg - if you like to go full [filtered] and purposedly ignore mechs to get heal-carried while you show your epeen on a dps meter you should ask the healer if they're ok with it, like they used to do for SS pizza mechs, not just pretend they're gonna do it bc "it's their role"... yeah and you as dps are supposed to have iframes so that you can use em as well, that's part of *your* role.

You clearly never played priest or if you did, you only went with LFGs and premades, bc you obv don't get the feel of being insulted by trash tier players gettin' 1-shot at every mech in IMs and complaining with you, as well as the effort of takin' all the responsability for a PVP loss even when you're at the top places for assists :')

Anyway...
    How do they say? If tank dies, it's healer's fault, if healer dies, it's tank's fault, if DPS dies it's DPS fault.
    That's my line.
  • The way you do it as a mystic is if they arent picking up your motes then they obviously dont want heals. Dont heal them till they learn how to play around the team.
  • The way you do it as a mystic is if they arent picking up your motes then they obviously dont want heals. Dont heal them till they learn how to play around the team.

nope. mote mainly is for cleanse which most players didn't know mote has cleanse. main healing for mystic is Titanic Favor, which the glyph make you can heal up 4 players directly and added lock range up to 3 meters. Cleanse is when your party hard or unable to get mote, such as stun, fear, confuse. mystic can also support the party with wide area HOT warding totem and endurance +20% when you add glyph to Protector
  • ViftsVifts ✭✭
    FaytEsteem wrote: »
    Yamazuki wrote: »
    Doesn't bother me when people get hit, if they didn't, then, what would I be doing other than watching people play and debuffing every few seconds?

Yeah, i understand the boredom when people don't take hits. But let me clarify what i meant, I mean those who rush in and literally don't dodge anything, get killed by every attack. And piratically iframe every heal then proceed to blame you for not doing your job right.

I have no problem with people taking hits, just if they do it on purpose knowing they can't facetank.

in that scenario I would just disregard their opinion entirely as its quite clear they have no idea what they are talking about and it's a waste of time to argue with a player who refuses to accept their own mistakes and blames the healer
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way you do it as a mystic is if they arent picking up your motes then they obviously dont want heals. Dont heal them till they learn how to play around the team.

lmao dps aren't supposed to pick up motes in normal situations. If there's a mech happening and you can't heal, or you're dead they should pick them up, sure. If you're alive and kicking then you better use yo focus heal and boomerang!!
  • DokibunDokibun ✭✭✭✭
    Motes are literally for oh [filtered] situations when the healer dies. Don't blame the DPS when you are too lazy to utilize Boomerang or Titanic Favor. This is coming from a Mystic main.
  • Pugs, keep chat off. Always. When it’s over type “thank you” then bamf. Keep that up and eventually no one will ever complain because you’ll be boringly adequate at your job. If it’s still bothering you (199/200 HP “heal me”) then sensitivity is an issue. Something else entirely. This forum can’t help.

Before all that though; worth getting yelled at. Especially unnecessarily. That garbage makes you really good at your job. Then turn chat off.
  • old video but consider as god lesson ....
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=2DxS7eT_ky4