There will be a TERA PC Maintenance on Tuesday (4/24) from 8 A.M. - Noon PDT

Returning Player Frustrations

2»

Comments

  • I mean, you love so much being killed by 65 campers at Lumbertown bridge? What's so fun about it Idk.
    Also, pvping at low lvls? Please... you don't even have your whole skill combo and at low lvls classes are highly unbalanced, not like if they're more balanced at 65 but ya know what I mean... also, ppl wearing 10k innerwears on their low lvl toons makin' em absurdly tanky and impossible to kill by fresh new comers who don't have alts to move gold/stuff from.

    You really get frustration from that? You take 3 days max to lvl to 65, why would you waste time pkin' in woods and dying tons of times by lvl 65 camping new classes? I remember how it was like on gunner release in a pvp server in EU... you had to change channel and you'd still find pkers waiting for you only bc "what a shame ya lvlin' a gunner boooo I'm gonna kill em all broken class booo."
    Edgy kids and trolls paradise, gladly they removed that - no1 nowadays finds that kind of attitude "fun."
    That together with pvp servers' community being on average more toxic, is what made me switch to pve server when I came NA Tera lol
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 24
    aeee98 wrote: »
    Pages wrote: »
    RaizoKuma wrote: »
    I played the beta and purchased a founders edition box before launch. I played for a long time and loved the combat. However after a few years I ventured to other MMOs. Recently I logged on and noticed the the campfire charms and craftable buffs were gone. And while that bummed me, I accepted it. What REALLY irritated me was removing Outlaw from lvl 11 on up. Did people cry that much over griefing? Because if you're on a PvP server, that's part of the risks. You accept and expect it to happen. You can't act like you're PvP, roll a PvP server, then whine because you got 1-shot by someone 40 levels higher than you. I've actually been attacked by 3 characters at my level and killed all of them. Moments like that is what made me love the game. Fighting the odds or being crafty. And hell. We have CHANNELS!!! Does Bluehole ever plan on changing this or maybe making a PURE PvP server? Because right now coming back doesn't seem worth it if they're trying to cater to the casuals.

    KTERA has never had level 65 PVP. This isn't a change Bluehole made, it's a change En Masse made. The Outlaw system on NA was not used on KR, and EME changed our version to use the same PVP system that KR uses (65-only).

    Actually, you are wrong. It is a change BHS made (via moving Outlaw Declaration and pvp targetting to level 65), and then EME not wanting to change the build BHS provided (thus indirectly causing PvP65 to happen). To be honest, it is just pure laziness since when Fey Forest was launched (past merger of Highwatch, Valley of Titans and Lake of Tears), there were servers of both types, and I am inclined to believe that the changes in the servers aren't huge enough to warrant a full day's work unless the game is hardcoded (and I think that is the reason why they eventually stopped using the old PvP server build anymore).

    Basically BHS decided to deprecate this feature globally, since only EU and NA were using it. One of the builds prior to the change, the patch broke it and they had to re-enable it, and I assume that was when BHS said "why are you guys even using this?" and then turned it off so they'd be same as every other server around the world. Both EU and NA inherited the change at the same time, and announced in advance of that patch that the feature was being retired by BHS. At this point, even if there were a way to re-enable it somehow, it's an "unsupported feature" so BHS probably wouldn't allow it (except maybe on test servers).
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh jee again this crap, but now on a 100x funnier side: a griever complaining about not being able to do it anymore, OR is this a case of serious masochism?

    Well, if you're the griever I could just say "the exit is to the left, don't let the door hit you when you leave", in case you're some hard masochist then the game still has plenty of content honestly, just hit 65 and you shall see.

    Yet another point to this whole OWPVP crap: it's not like there would be any of it now anyway, regardless of hard capping out or not. Tell me how many low lvs. are running around on their zones, you'll just not get matched up when trying it other than the small part of the start between Lvs 10~20 (if that even).
  • TheCatalystTheCatalyst ✭✭✭
    You found out that you couldn't PVP below lvl65..
    And it frustrated you so much it caused you to uninstall the game?

    And you wanted a PURE pvp server?

    Bwaahahahahahaha
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 25
    You found out that you couldn't PVP below lvl65..
    And it frustrated you so much it caused you to uninstall the game?

    And you wanted a PURE pvp server?

    Bwaahahahahahaha
    :lol::lol::lol:

    he already uninstall tera, he just want to know if it worth to install again tera
  • SageWinduSageWindu ✭✭✭
    RaizoKuma wrote: »
    Because right now coming back doesn't seem worth it if they're trying to cater to the casuals.

    Given how splintered the playerbase is at the moment, this isn't the best thing to say if you're trying to get people to see your line of reasoning...

  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    vkobe wrote: »
    You found out that you couldn't PVP below lvl65..
    And it frustrated you so much it caused you to uninstall the game?

    And you wanted a PURE pvp server?

    Bwaahahahahahaha
    :lol::lol::lol:

    he already uninstall tera, he just want to know if it worth to install again tera

    if he already uninstalled tera once cause he didn't get his way or liked the changes made, then he should not install it again. also I find it funny how so many people uninstalled tera but still lurk in forums just to let people know that they quit and keep reminding them all the time . if you hate tera that much to quit and uninstall it, then quit and keep quiet. this isn't facebook where if you quit people may care.
  • Let me be a little open and personal here.

    I love me some PVP. I always roll characters on PVP servers in every MMO I play. And I will admit I have had my times where I came across a lower level character and I would gank them. I don't think there is anything wrong with that behavior.

    However...I have also sat invisible on the bridge out of Lumbertown or at Bulwark Camp in Oblivion and watched level 65s spam spells at low level players. And yeah, that's not ganking. That's camping. And it's not fun for new players.

    Treeshark made changes to shift away from low level PVP and to be more in line with BH's game design of max level outlaw. He did this because he believed it was better for the community at large and internally we agreed with him. He knew it would anger some, but he had to think about the new user experience. I wish the design could have allowed us to make the new user experience awesome without taking outlaw away from lower levels.
2»
Sign In or Register to comment.