Server play - NEED an answer!

To beat a dead horse, with servers indicating that we are locked to the clients region and founders packs now or soon to be available we need an answer.
If we choose to play on the NA client but our psn accounts are EU based will we be able to use items purchased from EU psn store within the NA client?
As I'm happy to purchase pack on EU and sacrifice playing with friends for a week but it's alot of money to burn if in a week when I'm forced to repurchase the game from NA store (just to play with friends) and I can no longer use the items from pack.

Comments

• counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    Items purchased will go in the item claim in the region where the purchase was made. The Item Claim feature is not cross-region/global.
  • As far as im aware, the NA/EU clients are different so the your payment will be going through that region's store.

Correct me if im wrong please Mods.
  • AdamW79AdamW79 ✭✭
    edited March 26
    Upon sending message I kinda answered my own question with logic regarding packs as everything would be bound to character, which would not exist on opp server.
    But question still remains if I purchase emp from EU psn(not client) will I be able to use it logged into my EU acc but playing on na client.
    As during beta them emp I earned in EU client I could use in na client
  • VoidBlueVoidBlue ✭✭✭
    PSN purchases are account bound. Once you switch to your NA PSN nothing should carry over if you bought stuff on your EU PSN.
  • AdamW79AdamW79 ✭✭
    > @VoidBlue said:
    > PSN purchases are account bound. Once you switch to your NA PSN nothing should carry over if you bought stuff on your EU PSN.

True but I would be playing on the NA client with the account (EU) that made the purchase, I.e I make a emp purchase on EU store, start the NA client logged into EU psn account
  • VoidBlueVoidBlue ✭✭✭
    How would you get the NA client? It is downloadable and only playable on a NA psn.

Once you switch to a EU PSN the client would be stuck on the NA PSN.
  • AdamW79AdamW79 ✭✭
    No you create a NA user, purchase client from NA store, it downloads to Ps4 (which can be played by any user on said Ps4), I then switch back to EU user and the NA client can be played.
  • VoidBlueVoidBlue ✭✭✭
    That's crazy! Thanks for the info. Never knew that.

To answer your question, I don't know then :P
  • If it was in beta I guess its possible but I suspect they may remove the ability to do it in retail.
  • AdamW79AdamW79 ✭✭
    Hence why we need a response, speculation helps no one.
    Guess I'm gonna have to play on both servers then if I want to play with friends (NA) and make purchases (EU) the.
  • AdamW79AdamW79 ✭✭
    > @FlatcapnWhippet said:
    > If it was in beta I guess its possible but I suspect they may remove the ability to do it in retail.

My thinking is that as it was rewarded not purchased from store.
    All I know is in Skyforge any purchase made was server locked
  • Seriously this needs an answer. My friends are US I'm UK I want to pay with them and make purchases. I'd prefer not buying psn codes from amazon. Com lol I'm baffled why is not just a client and then we choose a server like most if not all actual MMO's
  • AdamW79AdamW79 ✭✭
    Exactly have the 5 pve servers (3NA 2EU) and 2pvp (NA,EU)
  • Brucey4Brucey4 ✭✭
    going through the same problem, friend is from the US, he wants to play with us in the EU & wants to keep playing with his US account, an answer or a work around would be very much appreciated
  • I do not have a workaround for this exact situation. The regions are separate, so you would be choosing NA or EU with your profile / console.
    Player's have mentioned ways to switch from NA to EU, but that doesn't sound like it would solve what you have brought up.