Name 'Re-Usage' fix confirmation?

@CobaltDragon responded to my question about this in the known beta issues thread and said they should have it resolved for launch but it would be nice to have a confirmation about this issue one way or another before servers go live so we know whether or not names will be reusable before we create our first toons.

If you could Cobalt maybe just post a response here once you know for sure, or if anyone else gets on the servers first and can confirm one way or another it'd be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Comments

• it would be nice to have a confirmation about this issue one way or another before servers go live so we know whether or not names will be reusable before we create our first toons
    I just mentioned this on our Discord.
    I confirmed, stating that I believe that issue has been addressed and resolved.
    ( I have not tested it yet myself though )
  • it would be nice to have a confirmation about this issue one way or another before servers go live so we know whether or not names will be reusable before we create our first toons
    I just mentioned this on our Discord.
    I confirmed, stating that I believe that issue has been addressed and resolved.
    ( I have not tested it yet myself though )

right on. i appreciate the post here. i don't have the ability to join the discord ATM. :)
  • Is it hard to post info here and on discord? A good majority of us here would rather check the forums. I cant even use discord since its blocked at my job. I know you guys are doing your best with responses and are giving us information as soon as you get it, but the forums need more love
  • AdamW79AdamW79 ✭✭
    Plus in order to see updates on Discord you need to be in chat at the time or it gets lost amongst the many users posts
  • DazeMaker wrote: »
    I know you guys are doing your best with responses and are giving us information as soon as you get it, but the forums need more love
    I'll try to be better about provided info in both places.
  • HeathenDeaconHeathenDeacon ✭✭
    edited March 27
    just a heads up i tested this before the server crash and it is fixed. thanks.
  • Works. Just deleted one and made a new character and the name immediately worked. Tried on 2 servers.
  • funny thing, before the server crashed this morning i used one of my go to names to test this but ended up saving two other names before i got booted. Then when the servers went up and i got back on to save my other 3 names i had lost that first name i used to test, lol. doh.
    still did pretty good. got 4 out of 5 of my first choices and then my first back up choice.