Wait. So.. we can't get Tera in Australia on X1?

Comments

• ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 27
    TGWolf wrote: »
    We'll wait to hear from Cobalt/the Dev. team about it.

PC version has full classification and license here, both consoles have no excuse.

PC version is not owned by Microsoft or Sony, so EME has more freedom when publishing on certain countries.

Microsoft and Sony dictates what country belongs to what region in their consoles. Australia may not be something EME could afford on launch due to those restrictions.
  • TGWolfTGWolf ✭✭
    @Snakey77

They won't miss out, they'll be like me and just DL the game from the US store then switch back to AUS to play. The lack of ability to buy stuff won't actually hurt the players who have the patience to play that way, only other players; both those who wait for AUS release and those from other countries in the game.

I'm willing to be patient until this is resolved and just work with what I've got, letting my years of playing PC compensate for not having the convenience of buying certain things but as for others I can't speak for them.

It will depend on what the Devs. have to say about it.
  • If my character name from the beta is taken by the time I get access I’m going to be pretty mad about it :(
  • TGWolfTGWolf ✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    We'll wait to hear from Cobalt/the Dev. team about it.

PC version has full classification and license here, both consoles have no excuse.

PC version is not owned by Microsoft or Sony, so EME has more freedom when publishing on certain countries.

Microsoft and Sony dictates what country belongs to what region in their consoles. Australia may not be something EME could afford on launch due to those restrictions.

I'm clearly not expecting it on Launch, that much is obvious.

Merely want to know what they expect the ETA on it will be and what the issue is.

I'll just be casually playing the game in the meantime, I have no need to rush anything but of course I'll save my effort for when this is resolved.

I've played this for what is it now.. 4-5 years? on PC Stopped a little while ago cause Console version. There is basically nothing in this I haven't done, most players will be little nooblings on console. Next to zero effort will probably keep me at their pace anyway, lol.
  • TGWolf wrote: »
    @Snakey77

They won't miss out, they'll be like me and just DL the game from the US store then switch back to AUS to play. The lack of ability to buy stuff won't actually hurt the players who have the patience to play that way, only other players; both those who wait for AUS release and those from other countries in the game.

I'm willing to be patient until this is resolved and just work with what I've got, letting my years of playing PC compensate for not having the convenience of buying certain things but as for others I can't speak for them.

It will depend on what the Devs. have to say about it.
    im not sure how to do that it redirected me to the us store for open beta but wouldn't download to the console... support was down right useless so I played on the PS4... so they already lost my business on xbox.. honestly call it luck or greed that I own both PS4 pro and Xbox one X .. I happily would have played on the xbox one x being the better console ( COUGH COUGH ) lol
    How many more ppl are going straight to PS4 because they can get it on time?? could be quite a few!!
  • TGWolfTGWolf ✭✭
    edited March 27
    @Snakey77

Just wait until full release next week, change your console region to US/UK and download the game, change it back then play as normal.

I get that you wanted Founders stuff though so yeah, GL with all that. I own both consoles but I dislike Sony and this does little to change that.

I'm hoping the Devs. are kind enough to ensure that AUS (and others ofc) X1 players get the same opportunity when the game is finally available here.

Maybe call it the Founders "Sorry For the Wait" Packs. Contains the same stuff but a little cheaper sans the early access and offer it for the first week of release.
  • Snakey77Snakey77 ✭✭
    edited March 27
    @Snakey77

Just wait until full release next week, change your console region to US/UK and download the game, change it back then play as normal.

I get that you wanted Founders stuff though so yeah, GL with all that.

I'm hoping the Devs. are kind enough to ensure that AUS (and others ofc) X1 players get the same opportunity when the game is finally available here.

Maybe call it the Founders "Sorry For the Wait" Packs. Contains the same stuff but a little cheaper sans the early access and offer it for the first week of release.

Im already set up on ps4 now founders pack brought etc so its a done deal on the ps4.. just waiting for servers to open in about 45 minutes ..
    honestly im not fussed which console I get it on there very little diff between the 2 imo!! That said im fickle about getting shafted with my gaming if I want to play on a certain console and can't ill go else where.. BUT xbox was my first preference at open beta!!

edit: just disappointed is all that they couldn't get there stuff together for the xbox release and im a little pissed at EnMasse for waiting till the eleventh hour to say btw no Aussie Xbox version !!!
  • It’s not even just the founders packs that we are missing out on.
    Yeah we can change regions to download and play the game on full release next week but we are essentially locked out of ever buying anything from the game. We can’t buy anything from another regions store without having a credit card or an address from that region.
  • TGWolfTGWolf ✭✭
    At this point we wait until the Devs. are in and can discuss the issue and provide the necessary information needed to make future decisions.

It's causing problems for players and I'm sure it's not their fault but we do need to know what kind of situation we're looking at. I can live with casual play with no pay-conveniences/fluff for a while personally but it will cost them from me for a while afterward in regards to spending and definitely will cost them from less patient people both now and into the future.

I only address AUS here but it's also NZ and others who are affected by this and even if it was just AUS, that's still a potential market share loss and regardless how small it seems, it does matter.
  • My bf is from NZ and he’s pretty pissed about Tera not being available there.
    We’ve both been waiting ages for this game and it kinda sucks for it to finally be here but not available to us.
    Unfortunately if there’s not going to be an Au/NZ release then en masse will lose us to ESO I think.
    We want an mmo to play and Neverwinter just doesn’t cut it.
  • NemmarNemmar ✭✭
    edited March 27
    These are the realities of business. The Xbox1 is not a huge success and some markets are just too small to invest in.

It's possible they think the return is not worth the cost of the license.
  • > @Nemmar said:
    > These are the realities of business. The Xbox1 is not a huge success and some markets are just too small to invest in.

The Xbox one might not be as popular as the PS4 but it is still a success, and the Xbox one x is currently the best selling premium console. I highly doubt this is a “business decision” and too small a market to invest in. 59 million Xbox Live users monthly is hardly small numbers.
    The oceanic community on Xbox is hardly likely to be smaller than the pc community, there is no reason why the game shouldn’t be available here.
  • NemmarNemmar ✭✭
    edited March 27
    > @3C3CNN6339 said:
    > > @Nemmar said:
    > > These are the realities of business. The Xbox1 is not a huge success and some markets are just too small to invest in.
    >
    > The Xbox one might not be as popular as the PS4 but it is still a success, and the Xbox one x is currently the best selling premium console. I highly doubt this is a “business decision” and too small a market to invest in. 59 million Xbox Live users monthly is hardly small numbers.
    > The oceanic community on Xbox is hardly likely to be smaller than the pc community, there is no reason why the game shouldn’t be available here.

They have better numbers than you do. Also, the X1 sales are in the order of 35m. Most of which are in the US.
    Of course, its possible that its a problem with MS AU. But I find it unlikely.
  • If you still do not see TERA, Founder's Packs, or EMP / Elite Status for TERA in your Console Platform's store after 8AM PDT today, it most likely means that the regional location for your Account's Profile is not in a location we are licensed to publish TERA Console in at Launch.

Some locations may be added over time, but I cannot confirm which ones, or how soon that would be.

For now, the best real option I can provide, is mentioning that some players here within the Forums have found ways to still access from locations where we didn't have a license, so if you want to access sooner than later, you can try checking for the workaround that was provided by those players.
  • TGWolfTGWolf ✭✭
    @CobaltDragon

I've checked the list of countries you posted already, hence what led to this topic. Safe to say Australia will not be getting the game on X1 before or at launch.

It's unfortunate that you cannot confirm that it will at some point as it largely impacts my decision as to whether playing is worth it without eventual access to the store. Obviously if there is no Australian store then there will be no reason to invest time in the game as even the cosmetics are a factor in the enjoyment of the game.

Nevertheless I will still likely play in a casual capacity for a short time during which I am hoping we can get some solid information regarding a definitive Yes/No answer which I trust will be provided when the relevant arrangements have been made.