Alliance

13»

Comments

• edited March 27
    SingleBear wrote: »
    Hey Cobalt, I too would like to see a revised Alliance system. But I also feel the early Vanarch system had amazing potential as well.
    100% agree with this. ;)
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭
    edited March 27
    That moment when staff respond to each other on forums rather than in-person. ;) (Probably do both, actually.)
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    We can all agree that Alliance and Vanarchy were good systems, in the early days. That was until players started to exploit them without repercussion of a proper moderation action.

The reason why alliances became dead content so early after its first days where it was actually fun, is because EME never took proper actions against those who would exploit the system for easy gains, and that is how a monopoly of alliance came to be in TR, and moderation never took proper action against the people who daily kept exploiting the system.

Same with Vanarchy. Guilds would form agreements onto which guild had the rights of certain towns. It got to a point when the current guild occupying the town, did nothing but afk, and never activated the towns specialty vendor and such (before, the specialty vendors and other NPCs had to be activated by the current vanarch) And once again, EME never took action against those players who did that.

In the end, any type of system that its added to the game, will last for a couple of weeks being fun and all, until players start to manipulate the system to their own favor. If there is no moderation at all, or if the punishments are light, players will keep doing this practices, knowing they can get away with it. Should Vanarchy or Alliance makes a comeback, then EME has to deploy a special team that will constantly handle reports against players exploiting the system in a way that seems unfair to others.

EDIT: Had to write this all again cause apparently the forums like to delete your entire post when you just want to correct a grammar error. EME pls fix that too.
  • KetothKetoth ✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting on EME Staff or @CobaltDragon to give the word that they are going to say something about this.
    I did sent the request forward, stating that :

Quite a few players have been requesting the return of a revamped "Crusades" / "Alliance System", and the return of the Original "Island of Dawn" as content.

(In order to bring back the "Alliance System", some efforts would need to made to prevent Player-Vs-Player Kill Feeding)

Hey Cobalt, I too would like to see a revised Alliance system. But I also feel the early Vanarch system had amazing potential as well.

some old school here that remember vanarch. i still want my achievement for losing 10 vanarchs in a row.
  • PagesPages ✭✭✭✭
    100% agree with this. ;)

If you could bring back Vanarch it would be amazing.
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pages wrote: »
    100% agree with this. ;)

If you could bring back Vanarch it would be amazing.

Problem with Vanarch (the way it was) is that it's too easy to create duplicate accounts now. Back when it was P2P, there was some degree of control of accounts created. There's no good global way right now to ensure someone's unique identity (without getting into invasive things like require credit card + government ID, but even that doesn't totally work).

Maybe there's another way to do it that avoids this issue entirely.
13»