[PS4/XB1] Maintenance has completed! Thank you for your patience!

General Class Guide

Comments

• > @kodokumi said:
    > I’ve always played mystic as a main but reading priest next to mystic really makes mystic seem incapable, mostly due to the motes. Almost all the people I ran dungeons with in beta testing never picked them up and I was drained on mana immediately into the fight. It makes healing as a mystic unbearable when the party doesn’t understand how a mystic works.

I main a Mystic on PC. I never expect people to eat my [filtered]. Blue or kinda orange(gross)/red ones. The later I plop out when I self heal.

Only people swallowing those [filtered] are the ones spamming gobble in every thing that drops. Which is why all [filtered] get binged on when boss drops.

Mystic healing is Titanic Favor, and Boomerang Pulse, over and over and over. Those two together are as good as several Priest spells.

Also, I love playing Priest too.

No useless [filtered] to not use.
  • Thanks for this post, a couple questions as it’s been years from my play time on Tera Pc. The brawler class a viable tank end game? And are there in game items for purchase to change [filtered] of character as I wanna be a male but not available to brawler yet.
  • Thank you for this!
  • ViftsVifts ✭✭
    Thanks for this post, a couple questions as it’s been years from my play time on Tera Pc. The brawler class a viable tank end game? And are there in game items for purchase to change [filtered] of character as I wanna be a male but not available to brawler yet.

Brawler is definitely viable at endgame but I am unsure on the gender change working on brawler when its male version is released
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would you ever tell anyone to play berserker tank? They have no enrage, less/same damage than a well geared lancer, no party buffs, and the lowest overall block damage of all of the tanks.

They don't get tanking skills until 65, so they are not viable when leveling. At 65 they are only viable for starter dungeons like KC/SF/RG. Anything beyond that they bring almost nothing to the party other than the fact that they can hold the boss in one place.

You should amend your guide to say that berserker is only the tank of last resort, and not as something that should be a main class objective.

• Thanks cass
  • TLXTLX ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Why would you ever tell anyone to play berserker tank? They have no enrage, less/same damage than a well geared lancer, no party buffs, and the lowest overall block damage of all of the tanks.

They don't get tanking skills until 65, so they are not viable when leveling. At 65 they are only viable for starter dungeons like KC/SF/RG. Anything beyond that they bring almost nothing to the party other than the fact that they can hold the boss in one place.

You should amend your guide to say that berserker is only the tank of last resort, and not as something that should be a main class objective.
    I will play a berserker but as dps. Is this class bad at dps?

I think the berserker is a semi tank, heavy armor,good health and good damage with moderate resistance. Also it is the only class i played in open beta where i finished 10 enemyes at the same time,used pots but the satisfaction have no words.

• Berserker is a pure DPS class and shouldn't be used otherwise please. The only time you should tank/have to tank is when your huge damage pulls aggro away from your actual tank by accident.

I main zerk on PC, also if your very new try to look up some general dps guides to improve your performance. Making sure your using the correct crystals/zyrks and always stay in back of the boss if possible.
  • TLXTLX ✭✭
    xLoki wrote: »
    Berserker is a pure DPS class and shouldn't be used otherwise please. The only time you should tank/have to tank is when your huge damage pulls aggro away from your actual tank by accident.

I main zerk on PC, also if your very new try to look up some general dps guides to improve your performance. Making sure your using the correct crystals/zyrks and always stay in back of the boss if possible.
    I only played slayer and priest on PC. Slayer is ok to stay back to the boss,but why berserker? I thought is a heavy armor user and can be hit a little.

• guys, i started play yesterday with the Mystic and the Warrior, mystic felt great. While the warrior, i had problems killing stuff easily. Anyone having problems with the Warrior ? not sure if its me or not.
  • TLXTLX ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Doomz wrote: »
    guys, i started play yesterday with the Mystic and the Warrior, mystic felt great. While the warrior, i had problems killing stuff easily. Anyone having problems with the Warrior ? not sure if its me or not.
    I do not understand why devs changed the defensive skills to be in high levels. Long time ago on PC,played a warrior and i had no problems to the solo content. Now,since defensive skills are in high levels,farming is harder but not impossible,just make sure you wont get any hit.

• I would change something on the sorcerer... I had all 8 original classes on PC, and played on my sorc for a while.

To me, sorcerer felt more like a ranged warrior and a sustain DD than a burst DD. I felt a lot «zerkier» on an archer.
    The only burst we have comes from the meteor. Otherwise, most of the spells you use have a very short cast time. Which explains why the new players will probably have sore fingers on the first days...

Great post for new players though :D
  • ViftsVifts ✭✭
    edited March 2018

I didn't recommend it as being good I said it was fun but was clearly outclassed but I will edit it to say it is not recommended
  • ViftsVifts ✭✭
    Vanlong wrote: »
    I would change something on the sorcerer... I had all 8 original classes on PC, and played on my sorc for a while.

To me, sorcerer felt more like a ranged warrior and a sustain DD than a burst DD. I felt a lot «zerkier» on an archer.
    The only burst we have comes from the meteor. Otherwise, most of the spells you use have a very short cast time. Which explains why the new players will probably have sore fingers on the first days...

Great post for new players though :D

Thanks for the input I will edit it. Sorc was the main class I didn't play hardly any of
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Vifts wrote: »

I didn't recommend it as being good I said it was fun but was clearly outclassed but I will edit it to say it is not recommended

Not recomended for score and speed runs, however a good berserk tank can hold and stay inmovile a boss as anyother tank class in any dungeon.

This option of Berserk tank should be more about players liking this build rather than "don't do that because hardcore gamers don't like it" attitude.