Forum bugs/annoyances

Comments

• Thanks for the feedback everyone. We are still tweaking some settings in the new forums so please be patient with us if it takes a while to make these changes.
  • Thanks for the feedback, everyone. There are obviously some minor tweaks that will need to be made, but overall we're glad you guys are enjoying the new forums. Please feel free to stretch your legs try new things/features. If something needs fixing, we'll fix it.
  • PlagueFWCPlagueFWC ✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    PlagueFWC wrote: »
    Aaaaand for some reason i can't edit my first post anymore without getting the "wait for approval" message.

At least it doesn't delete it this time

The "wait for approval" message is actually a feature you might appreciate. It for some reason caught your image post as potential spam/abuse/whatever. Obviously you're not a spammer, and I was easily able to approve you so that your previous posts will be displayed, and now you shouldn't get that message again.

Minor annoyance, but in the long run the feature will help keep spam out.

Ah ok, might wanna put up a post about that somewhere visible because i suspect a lot of people are gonna have that problem in the first few days
  • PlagueFWCPlagueFWC ✭✭✭
    when you quote a post that's quoting another post, you automatically get

Quote=name1, Quote=name2, then a /quote at the end of the 1st post, then a /quote at the end of the 2nd post.
    I suspect this is supposed to make the first quote go in a smaller box, the 2nd one in a bigger, and the 1st would be inside the 2nd one. However it just treats the 1st part as a quote and the rest not at all

See my reply to spacecats for an example
  • Elinu1Elinu1 ✭✭✭
    I am having issues editing my original posts in the trades subforums mainly the titles of threads I kinda screwed up
  • Atar3nAtar3n
    edited May 2016
    It's rather annoying that you can't mark threads (or multiple threads ) as read in specific categories, and can only do so from the forum home page.
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Atar3n wrote: »
    it rather annoying that you cant mark threads (or multiple threads ) as read in specific categories, and can only do so from the forum home page.

If I understand what you're asking, I think you can do that by clicking the Gear icon in the top-right corner and choosing "Mark Category Viewed". But, you can't do it on a thread-by-thread basis, just for one section (or the whole forum) at a time. (Presumably you'd read all the threads you care about, and then mark the whole thing as read to cover everything else.)
  • Atar3nAtar3n
    edited May 2016
    Atar3n wrote: »
    it rather annoying that you cant mark threads (or multiple threads ) as read in specific categories, and can only do so from the forum home page.

If I understand what you're asking, I think you can do that by clicking the Gear icon in the top-right corner and choosing "Mark Category Viewed". But, you can't do it on a thread-by-thread basis, just for one section (or the whole forum) at a time. (Presumably you'd read all the threads you care about, and then mark the whole thing as read to cover everything else.)

Oh, thank you. Although its an unusual place for it to be in comparison to forums i have been on before.
  • edited May 2016
    1: I am still unable to log in to this forum using Firefox. I was hoping this would fix it but nope. I have had to use IE every time for a good while now.

2: For some reason when choosing an avatar, a little page pops out, and when you select a picture it goes to a full-size page of the same avatars. It seems redundant. I am not sure if anyone else had that issue but I certainly noticed it.

3: I looked in the options to create a forum nickname and no such options exist(This may be a mistake after all. Years have passed so it might be nothing).

If I happen on to anything else I'll post again.
  • Annoyances:

1. Maybe just me, but whenever I go to change my profile pic and I click on an avatar, it automatically scrolls me to the top of the page. Not a big deal though.
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    1: I am still unable to log in to this forum using Firefox. I was hoping this would fix it but nope. I have had to use IE every time for a good while now.

This is weird. I just tried it here in Firefox and it seems to be fine. Could it be some sort of extension?

2: For some reason when choosing an avatar, a little page pops out, and when you select a picture it goes to a full-size page of the same avatars. It seems redundant. I am not sure if anyone else had that issue but I certainly noticed it.

Is this in IE, then, given that you couldn't get it to work in Firefox? I haven't encountered this so far in Chrome anyway.

3: I looked in the options to create a forum nickname and no such options exist.

I think this is done through EME's account management instead. There's an announcement about it here:
    http://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/20/setting-up-your-account-nickname
  • @counterpoint I run 2 Ad-blocks and NoScript. However, even with all scripts allowed it still does not function. It has acted this way for a long time.

To the second, yes I am using IE currently. It just will not work on Firefox.

As for the last, that is what I followed and the only thing that is listed is what I am using currently. I might have been mistaken in thinking it was able to be changed after-the-fact. However, thinking about it, I may have already done it far in the past. Perhaps this one is not an issue after all? I use this handle for all manner of other things but I try to drop the numbers when possible.
  • PinopyPinopy ✭✭✭
    I liked seeing people's in-game names and class
    I also liked having class forums separated so I have all of my favorite class's posts in one place.

Another really small thing I preferred was when the avatars were bigger. Not like it is important but in my opinion it balanced the posts more? So long posts aren't as much of a headache to read and seem like less of a wall of text.

But that's just my opinion ^^
  • It would be nice if they also changed the quotes background so its different than the post one and easier to read. I also liked how in the old forum the titles of post near each other had different color so its easier to distinguish them from each other.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Some things from me, the white box where you write your post shouldn't be as bright, and clicking to enlarge isn't working properly; enlarging also shouldn't be white on white either as it hurts a bit. Quoting a post with a quote breaks the quote, and if it were to be fixed hopefully there's something to prevent a never ending chain of them, such as when it reaches a third the first one is removed; unless this already happens. The colors for each quote should also be slightly different as it normally is for most forums. Then the lighter blue, as others have mentioned, doesn't really feel like it fits all that well with the rest of the forums either.

For additions, I agree with having the part where it had your character shown, or at least maybe on your profile somewhere have your characters/server shown as an optional feature. I also think server/class forum should have sub forums for each server/class rather than having people look through things they aren't interested in, or not relevant to them. I'm not sure if you're able to do sub forums, but in my opinion they would be good.

Now for what I noticed that are improvements (or not) from the old forums. Biggest two things are not having to log back in every few minutes, which was a pain if this occurred in the middle of posting, and then the voting system being removed. One thing I do like the old forums had over this one is the how posts were displayed.