Does Race Matter in PVP 2018 (Console)

Hey, I am a new console player and I would like to know if race continues to have any advantages in pvp? I am mostly concerned about superior racial animations, movement, and hitbox. I am not interested in advantages based around racial traits.

I would like PC player input on this.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Comments

• Ray676Ray676 ✭✭✭
    Elin master race. They have the superior genes
  • TsinTsin ✭✭
    edited March 30
    Honestly, there's no way to know without testing things in the console version.
    While they SHOULD have negated most of the racial differences for things like reach and cast speed in the console version, the latest PvP bug has me wondering if it may not be implemented.

My suggestion would be to assume that certain races still have advantages over other races for certain classes unless you are told differently or can test them yourself. Worst comes to worst, you'll get to 65, realize that the race you have holds no advantage, and then you can freely race change without having to worry about losing out on any bonuses.

Also this is the PC general discussion sub-forum. I would highly suggest asking this in the console GD sub-forum, as the people who play PC may not play the console version at all.

Hope this helps.
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30
    73M9WATXK7 wrote: »
    Hey, I am a new console player and I would like to know if race continues to have any advantages in pvp? I am mostly concerned about superior racial animations, movement, and hitbox. I am not interested in advantages based around racial traits.

There is no way we can tell you. We don't know the exact details of what EME has placed in your build. In the past elin had a distinct animation advantage for many classes in pvp. BHS has "supposedly" equalized/removed those animation advantages, but we don't know if that extends to your build.

My advice is to play what you like, and what you find interesting. The differences in pvp are going to be so small that you won't notice, if they still exist or not. The biggest hindrance in group pvp is the intelligence of your teammates. For 1v1 pvp some classes are just overpowered and you have to deal with it.
  • Thanks a lot for the info everyone =)

There is no way we can tell you. We don't know the exact details of what EME has placed in your build. In the past elin had a distinct animation advantage for many classes in pvp. BHS has "supposedly" equalized/removed those animation advantages, but we don't know if that extends to your build.

My advice is to play what you like, and what you find interesting. The differences in pvp are going to be so small that you won't notice, if they still exist or not. The biggest hindrance in group pvp is the intelligence of your teammates. For 1v1 pvp some classes are just overpowered and you have to deal with it.

What classes excel at 1v1 pvp?
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    while you should be posting on the console forums still (there are pc players in there afaik), I will just answer it

Elin has a slightly smaller hitbox. Sorcerer's are typically Elins as it has the best animations regardless of pve or pvp. Castanics are typically if you want to minmax for PvE, although the 1% crit chance does apply in PvP. While Humans and Amans (both genders) are not as fluid for some classes, their racial passive of damage reduction when low health does play a decent role in keeping yourself alive against non lethal attacks.

And of course, we will always forget the baraka cheat code 2 hour 100% heal as it looks completely pointless even though they have a huge stun resistance passive, High elf's 100% mana regeneration which again is also pretty pointless considering pots exist, and popori because they are furballs.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭

yes for reaper, gunner, brawler and cute elin nina :3
  • I understand you are posting for advice from PC players but please either use the Discord or post to the PC players in the console forums.