No Open World PVP in PVP Server Needs to Change

Hello, hopefully someone at the company reads this.

I understand that Players are only able to have open world PVP at level 65 because the company wishes to cease the killing of low level player by high level players. However, part of what makes PVP fun is there is always a risk that you will die while venturing out. A great fix to this problem, would be to allow Players to only be able to start a fight and Open World PvP players who are 5 levels below them, the same level or a higher level than them. So a Level 20 Player could fight a Level 15+ Player. This would also allow cocky Players to challenge Players who are much higher level than them, but the higher level Player wouldn't be able to start the fight.

A big part of PVP servers is when you are leveling and you either trying to fight mobs or gather. Sometimes there is a Player who is pulling all your mobs or stealing your rock/flowers/whatever. You would most likely be around the same level and you should be able to fight them and take the mobs or gathering for yourself. Or perhaps you want to take their mobs and their rocks, thats part of the choice of the PVP Server.

I played Tera on PC back when the whole world was open PVP and it was awesome. Yes I got murdered sometimes when I was low by high level players, but so what. I chose the PvP server. If I didn't want that to happen, I should've chose PVE. It is even more awesome, when you and your friends are playing and you run into another group of friends. Its the feeling similar to the survival mmo games, where you don't know if they will attack you or not. Or perhaps maybe one of your friends panics and attacks, now its an all out war. This would happen during the leveling up process, which made it a lot more fun. Now the leveling is boring as hell so please change this back at least for consoles.

Comments

• Sounds fair. It doesn't take too long to get to 65 anyway so I'm not incredibly worried it. It would make that first day or 2 of a character more interesting though.
  • >PvP
    >Fun

Pick one, because you can't have both.
  • KHEPXC76Y6KHEPXC76Y6 ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    PvP servers also typically don't have sanctuary areas. It's a weird system, but it's better then nothing I suppose.
  • They changed the old pvp style because there would be a group of level 65 players who would just sit at the entrance to lumbertown and just spam spells and just kill every new player just trying to go out there and level...they would just camp the entrance and instantly kill them every time. And before you mention it, I heard they're people on every channel doing that back then as well. Because of that, a lot of players quit (or just went to another server).

Personally, I get what you are saying though...PvP around the same level (or just a few levels under/over) is fine and I'm sure a lot of people on the pvp servers would be down for that...but really should never go back to the old anyone can attack anyone thing again. Especially with the consoles about to get a huge amount of new players when the game goes free 2 play.
  • Not sure about huge unless they start heavily advertising plenty of other free games out there that don't have optimization issues.
  • The thing is with the open world PvP is that it is basically 90% of the player base only gank lower levels. I have yet too see an MMO with open world PvP which allowed to kill lower levels that is actually a success. The real PvP'ers stick to BG and such and open world is mostly people who like to bully/grief and make the gaming experience as less enjoyable for others. For me it would make sense that only max leveled players can fight each other in the open world.
  • NinjieKitsuneNinjieKitsune ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    > @RedeemerEric said:
    > Hello, hopefully someone at the company reads this.
    >
    > I understand that Players are only able to have open world PVP at level 65 because the company wishes to cease the killing of low level player by high level players. However, part of what makes PVP fun is there is always a risk that you will die while venturing out. A great fix to this problem, would be to allow Players to only be able to start a fight and Open World PvP players who are 5 levels below them, the same level or a higher level than them. So a Level 20 Player could fight a Level 15+ Player. This would also allow cocky Players to challenge Players who are much higher level than them, but the higher level Player wouldn't be able to start the fight.
    >
    > A big part of PVP servers is when you are leveling and you either trying to fight mobs or gather. Sometimes there is a Player who is pulling all your mobs or stealing your rock/flowers/whatever. You would most likely be around the same level and you should be able to fight them and take the mobs or gathering for yourself. Or perhaps you want to take their mobs and their rocks, thats part of the choice of the PVP Server.
    >
    > I played Tera on PC back when the whole world was open PVP and it was awesome. Yes I got murdered sometimes when I was low by high level players, but so what. I chose the PvP server. If I didn't want that to happen, I should've chose PVE. It is even more awesome, when you and your friends are playing and you run into another group of friends. Its the feeling similar to the survival mmo games, where you don't know if they will attack you or not. Or perhaps maybe one of your friends panics and attacks, now its an all out war. This would happen during the leveling up process, which made it a lot more fun. Now the leveling is boring as hell so please change this back at least for consoles.

Back In the Lumbertown days lowbie killing was ridiculous. If you find killing a level 20 fun when your level 65 then you have some serious issues. The whole point of PvP at 65 and 65 only is so your up against someone similar to your skill level who also shares a similar hp/mp range. Alongside that you cannot 1 shot whereas you can with lowbies. You need to think serious about what you've just said lol.

I am completely with eme on this one. You remember the saying 'Pick on someone your own size?' Yea.
  • Make it so you lose items on death. Then ill happily engage in truly open world pvp.
  • censorship also needs to change....
  • Open pvp is useless if you dont get anything for Killing other Players .. i killed some guys today and no reward.. that doesnt make me Want more of it!!!
  • Make it so you lose items on death. Then ill happily engage in truly open world pvp.

That would be awesome, but that's probably too much to ask lol.
  • > @RedeemerEric said:
    > Hello, hopefully someone at the company reads this.
    >
    > I understand that Players are only able to have open world PVP at level 65 because the company wishes to cease the killing of low level player by high level players. However, part of what makes PVP fun is there is always a risk that you will die while venturing out. A great fix to this problem, would be to allow Players to only be able to start a fight and Open World PvP players who are 5 levels below them, the same level or a higher level than them. So a Level 20 Player could fight a Level 15+ Player. This would also allow cocky Players to challenge Players who are much higher level than them, but the higher level Player wouldn't be able to start the fight.
    >
    > A big part of PVP servers is when you are leveling and you either trying to fight mobs or gather. Sometimes there is a Player who is pulling all your mobs or stealing your rock/flowers/whatever. You would most likely be around the same level and you should be able to fight them and take the mobs or gathering for yourself. Or perhaps you want to take their mobs and their rocks, thats part of the choice of the PVP Server.
    >
    > I played Tera on PC back when the whole world was open PVP and it was awesome. Yes I got murdered sometimes when I was low by high level players, but so what. I chose the PvP server. If I didn't want that to happen, I should've chose PVE. It is even more awesome, when you and your friends are playing and you run into another group of friends. Its the feeling similar to the survival mmo games, where you don't know if they will attack you or not. Or perhaps maybe one of your friends panics and attacks, now its an all out war. This would happen during the leveling up process, which made it a lot more fun. Now the leveling is boring as hell so please change this back at least for consoles.

Back In the Lumbertown days lowbie killing was ridiculous. If you find killing a level 20 fun when your level 65 then you have some serious issues. The whole point of PvP at 65 and 65 only is so your up against someone similar to your skill level who also shares a similar hp/mp range. Alongside that you cannot 1 shot whereas you can with lowbies. You need to think serious about what you've just said lol.

I am completely with eme on this one. You remember the saying 'Pick on someone your own size?' Yea.

I don't think you read what I wrote at all. Mainly the part where I stated that higher level players wouldn't be able to to attack lower level players.
  • i will put this bluntly for all the anti-pvp players! you have your pve servers and that wont change. some players like me just really love pvp idk if im the one getting ganked or bullied or if im the one being the bully or ganking. i chose the pvp server because i wanted to always have that fear and worry of someone coming out of nowhere and killing me. i also liked doing that to other people. Its ok to have lvl 65 pvp only servers but all we ask for is one server for any level pvp. there used to be guilds founded upon PKing and there were also guilds (like the one i was in) that was focused on PKing the PKers. there would be times when i was leveling that a high level would try to gank and you know what? i didnt mind because i could always escape and if i couldn't then that meant that i needed more practice. i would stun lock them and then escape and practice my knowledge of the class to escape and/or buy time for some of my friends to escape. it was fun! When i was a higher level, my guild leader would send me out to guard and area that a PKer was reported in or he would send me to go kill a PKer. There were even times when the PKer had friends and so groups of players from my guild i was in and the PKers would have a massive battle. i remember one time when i was a mystic lvl 30, a group of 4 people all around level 28 had attacked me and i tried to run at first but it was clear that that wasnt going to happen so i stayed and fought, i barely won! it was great and my adrenaline was rushing because if i lost then they were going to attack my friend that was finishing up a quest further down the map. I miss those experiences and those good experiences HEAVILY out weigh the bad one like me getting trapped in a camp for a few mins. so i say this again... PVE players are alright just stick to your pve servers. people that dont wanna get ganked or killed by high levels can just play on level 65pvp only servers, but for players like me that just want PVP in general as they level up, we want the old pvp servers back! at least just one!
  • ZalmZalm ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I do not pvp myself, never been a fan of it, and hate openword pvp. That being said, I am also aware of its non existence on a pvp server. That should get fixed, its the whole reason people go to pvp servers. Though I do not agree with low levels killing high levels.

Lumbertown massacre. Makes me sick thinking about it still.
  • Would love to have at least one real pvp Server. I didn´t know about pvp65only and I joined the pvp server because I wanted to do pvp while leveling up. Even if that would mean getting ganked and killed by 65ers. I was totally aware that this could happen and I´m ok with that. Was a bit dissapointed when I found out that pvp was only available when you reach 65.