We're streaming right now - join us!

Question on Upgrading system

If I have a Twistshard Chest that has two Dyad crystals on them, what happens when I upgrade to Frostmetal? Will they disappear, break or will they stay? Same with Etchings on a Twistshard weapon, does the Etching stay once it upgrades? Thank you!

Comments

• LapomkoLapomko ✭✭✭
    The dyads are bound to your chest so you can't use them on any other gear anymore. The only thing you can do with them is to fuse them with other 2 dyads to make a random new one. That's it. Etchings will just dissapear.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lapomko wrote: »
    The dyads are bound to your chest so you can't use them on any other gear anymore. The only thing you can do with them is to fuse them with other 2 dyads to make a random new one. That's it. Etchings will just dissapear.

Adding to it with information I got from players: your dyads are bound to your character's Twistshard gear. Keep the semantics in mind on this one: it also means that whatever Twistshard gear this character owns, can use these dyads.
    In other hands: you upgrade this Twistshard to Frostmetal. The Frostmetal can't use them. You make new Twistshard, this Twistshard can use them.

It's a weird option but if you don't plan to make another gear set then just fuse them to another gear. Also it's kinda wasteful to use dyads on Twistshard gear.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't use dyads on the gear you don't plan to stick with for a long time unless you have so many dyads you don't know what to do with them and you feel like being wasteful.
    I recommend only using it on stormcry but if you don't plan on moving up from frost I guess that's ok?