[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Where have you found the egg thieves?

Comments

• IF you're actually going to look, just go to the maps that have important world bosses on them because those maps havent been changed to 10 channels
  • I found two mingling between the mobs (separate locales) just on the outskirts of Highwatch. I got the chocolate eggs from one and a 3-day floppy rabbit ears from another. Considering the items are temporary (though interesting to see ones that never made the cut to production), the low spawn rate doesn't incentivize players to want to go open world hunting for these (which is unfortunate since there are some of us who want to be able to head out to other places in that open world and hunt for novelty items).
  • here is how the event has been for years see for yourself the difference
  • bot38bot38 ✭✭
    I spent 6 hours doing yellow and red quests in areas I have skipped b4 across 7 zones, I found 1, only 1-how is that an event???? Esp. since the items r temp. Seems more like "sure we have an event for you to play during ur holiday weekend...psych...it is simply not worth the effort...Muwahaha" but Hey we had an event...geesh. Ive been paying for Elite for 4 years consistently, (and I spend plenty of money for EMP) done a bunch of events, this is by far the lamest, by FAR. I thought the letter collection for the Jadehearts was hard. Im sick of only the players w/ an inside track getting all the goodies.

You guys have a site, please use it, in all fairness. Dont just put a bleep about something that doesnt help AT ALL.

Im a nurse going back to further my education and licensing, I do not have time to go on Twitch and Discord everyday. I play to decompress. Having to search all over sites for info is ridiculous. Besides it is hard enough playing w/ the elitist players who think there is only 1 way to build a character and to play it.

I am kinda waiting for Bless to come out. I didnt leave when Black Desert or Blade & Soul came out, stayed loyal but miss out on alot of stuff. I know I cant get everything, thats ok, I just feel VERY left out.

Also, when Spacecats did that hunt thing, I had built up a nice number of tokens from the hunts on all PVE servers. Went to work my 3 day 12 hr shifts, came back and all my tokens were GONE, so I ended up w/ ziltch.
  • EllexemEllexem ✭✭✭
    bot38 wrote: »
    You guys have a site, please use it, in all fairness. Dont just put a bleep about something that doesnt help AT ALL.

They seem to be using the in-game calendar notification system more, which is nice for not needing to tab out. Doubly so because that one seems to translate starting times to whatever you have set as your timezone on your PC. Though of course it doesn't help you if you just want an easily checkable web-page you can use to plan when you want to even log in at all.

On that note, a transcription of a new in-game event that I just noticed:
    Starting Sunday, April 1 at 7 a.m. PDT, Tasty Arachnen Eggs and Orisk Eggs will spawn in 4 hunting zones at a time. You gotta be quick though cause any undiscovered eggs will despawn after 2 hours.

But that's OK, because a new batch will spawn every two hours.

Cool egg loots include
    Barber's Best-of-Four Hair Coupon
    Footsteps: Flowers 7-day
    Riding Skill: Squawk
    Riding Skill: Blaze
    Riding Skill: Peep
    Riding Skill: Ember

Yeah, those are permanent mounts.

I'll tell you the spawn times, but you will have to wait for in game messaging for the zones.

Spawn Times
    7 am PDT (14 UTC)
    9 am PDT (16 UTC)
    11 am PDT (18 UTC)
    1 pm PDT (20 UTC)
    3 pm PDT (22 UTC)
    5 pm PDT (24 UTC)
    7 pm PDT (2 UTC)
    9 pm PDT (4 UTC)

Apologies for any typos made in transcription.

---

On a more fully on-topic note, ran across a few of the caimans actually, so whatever was changed seemed to have helped. (Or I just got lucky, either way, thank you.) Though one of them was following in the event footsteps of mobs hiding in cliff sides in Spring Valley. Though that caiman was a bit more extreme in the being unreachable part. Probably thinking, 'Nuh-uh, I saw what they did to Manaya and the others, you're not going to get me out there to get one-shotted by those crazies with their powerful weapons! I'm keeping this egg! Mine, all mine! Ahahahaha!'

Ahem, okay, attempt at levity aside, I found a few in Spring Valley and Ex Prima.
  • 1UvqMzy.jpg
    ESWGWjY.jpg (drop bugged 8( )
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    Hurray! The price of Peep may actually go down on my server! It's over 150k now. At least they are doing some event with permanent items. Hopefully, most people will be celebrating Easter, so there won't be so much competition for eggs.
  • bot38bot38 ✭✭
    According to above post I have 9:28 pm UTC, so there should be a few caimans, I take it they are off the beaten path?
    I never saw a msg regarding spawn zones
  • bot38bot38 ✭✭
    Do caimans spawn on all channels, some places have up to 9 channels...they r already impossible to find
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    According to above post I have 9:28 pm UTC, so there should be a few caimans, I take it they are off the beaten path?

in the post you refer to it does state starting from 1st April PDT so the increase and added loot table as I read that post will start from 7 am 1st April PDT so bout in 13.5 hrs time from now
    Do caimans spawn on all channels, some places have up to 9 channels...they r already impossible to find

yes all channels and from pars experiences if farmed heavy on ch1 will spawn more on others but with the 2hr de spawn they do come back eventually
  • EllexemEllexem ✭✭✭

Just for the sake of clarity, there are two events linked to Easter on the Calendar.
    1. Foolish Caiman Egg Thieves: Running from Mar 30 to Apr 2. Available in virtually all open world zones. Constantly there. This is the one with the caimans, the chocolate eggs, the temporary costumes and the temporary go-kart mounts.
    2. Egg Hunt: This one runs only on Apr 1. It has the 4 zones that will be announced that will produce Arachnen and Orisk Eggs to search for and kill. Every two hours a new set of eggs and zones.

I already provided the text from the Egg Hunt listing in my previous post.

Foolish Caiman Egg Thieves
    Caiman have once again foolish stolen some holiday themed loot and can be found in various open world areas of TERA, trying to get away without getting caught. One group of Caiman grabbed bunny ears, bunny suits, and some bunny back accessories. Another group foolishly grabbed some old chocolate eggs we should have thrown away years ago. And a third group, the biggest Caiman I ever saw, grabbed some prototype mounts that really are a little too silly for public use.

Starting Friday, March 30 and continuing until Monday, April 2, get out there and recover the caiman's' ill-gotten goods.

My apologies for causing any confusion, but given the lack of awareness of events that was complained about, I wanted to share what was there, so that hopefully would be less of an issue. Just in case anyone reading the thread hasn't been in-game or noticed the other event on the Calendar.
  • Christin wrote: »
    This event seems pretty ridiculous tbh. Everything I've gotten so far is temporary and quite worthless. No wonder mostly everyone on my server isn't wasting their time on this. So nice of you to let the broker masters control everything from now on. Don't let us get permanent accessories so people can price them at 10k or higher for a pair of bunny ears.

Thanks a lot EME.

Could not agree more, If all your giving in eggs are 3 day prizes, then why so freak-en stingy. And an egg hunt should not have to be an Egg Expedition. The Idea Is FUN...remember FUN!! I do, I had fun a year ago hunting the buggers...its one of the reasons I chose this game to play...FUN FACTOR... no fun, no game.....
    Take that to the bank.....

• MidokuPastaMidokuPasta ✭✭✭✭
    Found two of the eggs...this just seems so broken to me I'm not trying t complain i mean free hair voucher is nice just seems like there should be....more?
  • Found two of the eggs...this just seems so broken to me I'm not trying t complain i mean free hair voucher is nice just seems like there should be....more?

What do the eggs look like? Did you take a pic? I cant find it if I don't know what it looks like.
  • MidokuPastaMidokuPasta ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Dekotop wrote: »
    Found two of the eggs...this just seems so broken to me I'm not trying t complain i mean free hair voucher is nice just seems like there should be....more?

What do the eggs look like? Did you take a pic? I cant find it if I don't know what it looks like.

I didnt manage to get a pic as two people were right behind me but it's a giant red egg.