[TERA PC] Summersilk season is here! Pick up Summersilk Robes in the TERA store until August 3. Plus, earn a free Summersilk Robe in our leveling event: https://bit.ly/TERA_summersilk
[TERA Console] To celebrate the launch of the Awakening update, participate in the Awakening Leveling Event! Details: https://bit.ly/awkn_events
[TERA Console] Server maintenance to deploy the v84.03 hotfix is scheduled for 7~11 p.m. PT on Monday, July 13, 2020. This hotfix should improve upon issues with frequent crashes and blue screens. Patch notes: https://bit.ly/v84_03_patch

Masterwork Alkahest

Comments

• ViftsVifts ✭✭
    mwa alk was sitting at 125g each yesterday so I don't know what you're seeing
  • ViftsVifts ✭✭
    Point is, the only way it is reasonably obtainable is people opening loot boxes or doing daily ghillieglade. This keeps up the game will die faster than ever
  • HeathenDeaconHeathenDeacon ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    yikes, this doesnt sound good...
    i really hope we didn't get suckered in to a heavily modified p2w version of the pc game.

As a new to tera player and not being at end game yet i don't exactly know the details ya'll are refering to, but from what i gather this topic needs to be kept at the forefront here and on reddit, discord, etc until we get some answers.

People need to know what they're getting into , and if this system is drastically different from the pc version they need to be warned.
    At the very least we need to know if this is actually the business model for console.
    AS of right now i am going to stop recommending the game to my friends until i hear more on this topic.
  • ViftsVifts ✭✭
    i really hope we didn't get suckered in to a heavily modified p2w version of the pc game.

As a new to tera player and not being at end game yet i don't exactly know the details ya'll are refering to, but from what i gather this topic needs to be kept at the forefront here and on reddit, discord, etc until we get some answers.

People need to know what they're getting into , and if this system is drastically different from the pc version they need to be warned.
    At the very least we need to know if this is actually the business model for console.
    AS of right now i am going to stop recommending the game to my friends until i hear more on this topic.

Essentially what is happening is you have to run 5x the normal amount of Vanguards being Dungeons / Solo BAM dailies in order to get the same amount of enchanting materials as 1 box of masterwork alkahest on PC. Instead of 200 VG credits for a box it is 1,000. 1 box of MWA is only 1 enchant attempt meaning you're spending all day getting 1 attempt to enchant doing dungeons or alternatively logging in and doing daily ghillieglade in 5 minutes for the same resources and logging off. Buying a loot box is as cheap as 150 EMP and contains sometimes more MWA than the VG box which is absurd and is why the only people who have better tier gear are the ones who paid more for EMP to open loot boxes equating to P2W
  • Vifts wrote: »

Again i just bought a stack of 120 for 3k gold today, i'm on ovolith NA-Ps4, where are you guys at?

Essentially what is happening is you have to run 5x the normal amount of Vanguards being Dungeons / Solo BAM dailies in order to get the same amount of enchanting materials as 1 box of masterwork alkahest on PC. Instead of 200 VG credits for a box it is 1,000. 1 box of MWA is only 1 enchant attempt meaning you're spending all day getting 1 attempt to enchant doing dungeons or alternatively logging in and doing daily ghillieglade in 5 minutes for the same resources and logging off. Buying a loot box is as cheap as 150 EMP and contains sometimes more MWA than the VG box which is absurd and is why the only people who have better tier gear are the ones who paid more for EMP to open loot boxes equating to P2W

thanks for the details. PLease keep attention to this thread for those of us that are new and not at end game yet.
    Personally i'm REALLY enjoying my first Tera experiences so far this week.
    The small bugs, performance issues, etc don't bother me as much as most people currrently, but the idea that somewhere ALL the way at end game P2W will rear its ugly head worries me. I hate to try and get all my friends excited about the game to have them find out i wasted their time once we all get there.
  • What me and my buddies are betting on is this is just for the headstart we got. They probably just want to slow us down. Well they done [filtered] up though cuz now I will play even more MWAHAHA.

But in all honesty I have been dealing with the wonky system they have for gear for the last 7 years and I still love the game. When fate of arun first released the system was this 'broken' for the first two weeks so they most likely are doing the same thing again.
  • I'm guessing that they'll change it back to 200 Vanguard credits soon, it probably was a mistake on their end to make it 1000 as it is pretty ridiculous. If MW Alk still dropped in dungeons and off of BAMs then I would be more accepting of the 1000 credits, but since it doesn't drop from dungeons, the only real ways to get them would be Vanguard Credits, or loot boxes (Maybe Ghilliglade as well, idk as I'm not that far yet on console).

I'd recommend everyone to save their Vanguard Credits if you still have them and wait to see if they reduce the price of the MW Alk boxes to where it should be. Though honestly...if this really was a mistake and was meant to be 200 credits, I'm surprised they didn't hot fix this yet.
  • Though honestly...if this really was a mistake and was meant to be 200 credits, I'm surprised they didn't hot fix this yet.
    -which is why we should make sure this topic gets attention before people start crying P2W which could really hurt the F2P launch.

• MWA box price is really ridiculous, it's going to be super expensive once people start enchanting their guile set. I really hope 1000 credits for mwa box is just a mistake and hope to see any clarification on that from EME team.
    And by the way, where do I farm 10 tier Master Enigmatic Scrolls? I ran out of them trying to masterwork guile weapon and have no clue where to get more.
  • ViftsVifts ✭✭
    CobaltDragon said it was most likely a mistake and would be fixed but probably not by the time it launches.
  • ViftsVifts ✭✭

K4TDCYEPR6 wrote: »
    Vifts wrote: »

Again i just bought a stack of 120 for 3k gold today, i'm on ovolith NA-Ps4, where are you guys at?

PS4 Nyxarras NA PvP server
    K4TDCYEPR6 wrote: »
    Vifts wrote: »

PS4 Nyxarras NA PvP server

confirmed. im on nyxarras as well. 114 was the bottm line today.

& thanks for relaying that info from CObalt Vifts.
    - Hey if your on Nyxarras you should add me. :) DEACON__ on psn.
  • Guys, can u enter ghillie? It says it isnt available or smth...
  • KiiwiKiiwi
    edited April 2018
    TERA = P2W
    My friend spend 30 € and he got 2 000 ALK vet = lilit +12