[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Egg Finding Event Issues

I am sure the spawn rate is just fine on the less populated servers but on tempest reach it is a true nightmare trying to get to an egg.

If you aren't there in the first 5 minutes, you aren't getting anything.
People are constantly chasing each other and speed racing to eggs, even bullying each other.
Please...Please up the rate or something because a lot of people are just missing out.

Comments

• This is the wrost event I've seen in a long time. I Spent 4 hours chasing this eggs and I didn't find a single one. When you do a event dont put one or 2 prizes that gives a lot of gold over 10 channels, because only a few people will enjoy the chase. If u put a lot of small prizes you keep the player motivated to continue the search for more and we dont feel like we're wasting our time, not to mention the fact that a feast or noctenium over a useless 3 day acessory is better. Other point is when u say that the monsters will spawn in the whole world of tera, pls do so, I've lost countless hours in regions with 0 monster.
    The mongos events did really break the game economy, and because of that I'll never going to need to farm smart dyad structure nor the normals ones, I have enough for my 4 mains characters in the next 2 or 3 patchs and the amount of gold I've made was huge. The one thing that was right with that event is the fact that the amount of monsters to kill was great, even with a small prizes most of the time.

• MidokuPastaMidokuPasta ✭✭✭✭
    Alurya wrote: »
    This is the wrost event I've seen in a long time. I Spent 4 hours chasing this eggs and I didn't find a single one. When you do a event dont put one or 2 prizes that gives a lot of gold over 10 channels, because only a few people will enjoy the chase. If u put a lot of small prizes you keep the player motivated to continue the search for more and we dont feel like we're wasting our time, not to mention the fact that a feast or noctenium over a useless 3 day acessory is better. Other point is when u say that the monsters will spawn in the whole world of tera, pls do so, I've lost countless hours in regions with 0 monster.
    The mongos events did really break the game economy, and because of that I'll never going to need to farm smart dyad structure nor the normals ones, I have enough for my 4 mains characters in the next 2 or 3 patchs and the amount of gold I've made was huge. The one thing that was right with that event is the fact that the amount of monsters to kill was great, even with a small prizes most of the time.

I liked that they made the hair thing none tradable, but it's impossible to even get them it's truly horrible. I never imagined I'd see an event this horrible.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    unfortunately to quote a GM in another thread that got closed on the egg matter
    Working as designed
    tisnotme wrote: »
    Working as designed

Sure for Their favorite server Ch I am sure it is but for servers like Tempest Reach, nada.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    Working as designed

Sure for Their favorite server Ch I am sure it is but for servers like Tempest Reach, nada.

yer no I ran heaps over a two day period (from the start) on CH and enough on other servers too to find nothing all over the OW
    just before they started the "main" hunt at (what was it) 7am the 1st I was doing a red quest in the quarantine zone CH found 3 with chok's and none since
    Working as designed

yer no I ran heaps over a two day period (from the start) on CH and enough on other servers too to find nothing all over the OW
    just before they started the "main" hunt at (what was it) 7am the 1st I was doing a red quest in the quarantine zone CH found 3 with chok's and none since

Wow dang they even gave up on Ch this time I never imagined that'd happen. I finally after 8 hours of hunting got one of the hair coupons...but good grief....
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    Working as designed

Wow dang they even gave up on Ch this time I never imagined that'd happen. I finally after 8 hours of hunting got one of the hair coupons...but good grief....

after the two days on the other thread I posted I hadn't had any luck and that's when they replied working as intended and closed the thread (and my comment was a reply not the threads base)
  • StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    CH. Found one in 40 minutes.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good call I decided not to participate in this event lol
  • Out of curiosity, I tried the first egg hunt zone from the start and went through all 3 channels of Vale of Spires (Tempest Reach). Unsurprisingly found nothing and tried Seeliewoods (no difference), then Argonea next (came across 2 caimans there). Ex Prima I figured was already combed over so I logged off.
  • I got lucky. Didn't participate every respawn due to family and work but still managed to get 9 hair coupons, 2 blaze mounts, 2 ember mounts, and 2 months worth of flower footsteps. On the spawns I did participate in I searched about 15 minutes and then went back to whatever I was doing. Appreciate the event, especially the steps.
    LJ5HJXRCCL wrote: »
    I got lucky. Didn't participate every respawn due to family and work but still managed to get 9 hair coupons, 2 blaze mounts, 2 ember mounts, and 2 months worth of flower footsteps. On the spawns I did participate in I searched about 15 minutes and then went back to whatever I was doing. Appreciate the event, especially the steps.

Lucky you most people didn't find any of them at all I spent all day hunting and found 2. I got a hair coupon and foot steps. I appreciate the effort but they botched it and if this is a sign of how the anniversary events will be then i don't think I will participate.
  • DuncanIdaho11DuncanIdaho11 ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I got lucky. Didn't participate every respawn due to family and work but still managed to get 9 hair coupons, 2 blaze mounts, 2 ember mounts, and 2 months worth of flower footsteps. On the spawns I did participate in I searched about 15 minutes and then went back to whatever I was doing. Appreciate the event, especially the steps.

Lucky you most people didn't find any of them at all I spent all day hunting and found 2. I got a hair coupon and foot steps. I appreciate the effort but they botched it and if this is a sign of how the anniversary events will be then i don't think I will participate.

There's definitely going to be matters of preference when looking at a competitive (ie. PVP) hunting event but what my take away (with just about the same rewards) is that there's variation in the special events. That's appreciated, regardless of whether I got into this particular example (chances are, something else is going to come around in due time, provided EME keeps doing different things.)

There's definitely going to be matters of preference when looking at a competitive (ie. PVP) hunting event but what my take away (with just about the same rewards) is that there's variation in the special events. That's appreciated, regardless of whether I got into this particular example (chances are, something else is going to come around in due time, provided EME keeps doing different things.)

You clearly are not someone who has been on Tera as long as others. I am not alone in saying they dropped the ball on this event it's never, been this horrible ever. If the anniversary event in May is this bad then a lot of people will probably just leave . I wish spacecats was still here, at least his event's were fun for everyone.
  • I wish spacecats was still here, at least his event's were fun for everyone.
    Quoted for truth. Operative word here is "FUN" and while I do understand that is subjective based on ones individual preferences, neither the caiman egg thieves or Easter's egg hunt event can be construed by many as being fun or rewarding (definitely one of the worst so far).

I looked at Easter's egg hunt event as sort of like sending out an invite to a city of a thousand children that there will be an easter egg hunt at the city hall starting at 9AM and ending 2 hours later. However, only the first few who showed up early and/or were luckily in the right place, snatched up the 50 eggs that were hidden while everyone else was SOL.