The $59.99 Tera: Item Pass is now available... For a limited time.

The TERA Item Pass grants an exclusive item immediately upon purchase and then one item on the first Tuesday of each month starting in May 2018 through October 2018. The specifics of the items contained in the season pass are a surprise, but include the following:

• Two mounts
• Two costumes
• One pet
• One weapon skin
• One bonus mystery item

The items associated with the season pass will be exclusive to season pass holders through October 2018 and will not be attainable by any other method.

This pass is only available for purchase until April 30, 2018.

And yes, everything is still one time claim...

Now, compare it to the similarly priced NWN Champion of the North Pack offering:

The Champion of the North pack contains treasures any Forgotten Realms fan would love. Complete with the Menzoberranzan Renegade Race and Heavy Giant Spider Mount, it’s the perfect choice for those wanting to live out their Forgotten Realms fantasy.
This pack contains the following items:
VIP game access to the Moonstone Mask tavern in Protector’s Enclave
Menzoberranzan Renegade race
Heavy Giant Spider Mount
Panther companion
Gilded Moonstone Regalia
“Champion of the North” Character title
Delzoun Treasure Box, guaranteed to contain an epic weapon or implement
Dust of Creation
Gond’s Endless Coffer of Pyrotechnics
1 Retraining Token
1 Extra Character slot

Title, companion, and mount are account wide. Lots more value for the same price.

Comments

• Feels like a cash grab. This port over is still missing about 40% of the full game, not including significant bugs that havent been addressed. Hell, they still havent figured out elite status not being applied to Day 1 founder pack purchases.

Not to mention our elite status is very bare bones right now.
  • DarkrulerjoeDarkrulerjoe ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    It wasn't account bound because that hasn't been implemented to the console version yet. As for the item pack itself...I won't be buying it, as I played the PC version and I know that there is some "meh" mounts and pets in the game, and chances are they'll use one of them for this "exclusive" mount. Maybe if they revealed which mounts and pets that this pack contains then I might of bought it, but without knowing what mount it is I don't think I want to invest $60 on a mounts and pets that I wouldn't even care for. Besides I have Glory which has been my favorite ground mount in Tera and wouldn't use any other ground mounts over it anyways.

Though if I were to guess which mounts these would be, it might be the mounts that was exclusive to the Anniversary events on the PC. Which would be the Gourmando, and the Aurum (ground dragon). I don't know what mounts they'll choose but most of the "exclusive" mounts on the PC version isn't really worth going for besides for maybe Rainbow, in which case I might see it worth going if that was the mount.

Edit: Actually Aurum wasn't one of the mounts that was used in the Anniversary, but was a recolor of the Anniversary mounts. Aurum is a red dragon mount that was sold in the store on PC version, but I rem there was a blue dragon that was used for one of the Anniversary events on PC. I just said Aurum version because I didn't remember what the blue one was called, and remember what the red one was called. Either way, the blue one might be my guess for one of these exclusive mounts.
  • I simply buy the Account Wide mount I want when it's available.

I rarely even use my mount, I like walking.
  • Wi2ardWi2ard ✭✭✭
    How many mounts and pets does one character need anyway? There is no way I'd buy something with 'surprise' items. They could be complete crap.
  • Wi2ard wrote: »
    How many mounts and pets does one character need anyway? There is no way I'd buy something with 'surprise' items. They could be complete crap.

i feel the same... im not sure i want spend $59us on something i dont even know if i would like it or not. atleast give us some preview or something
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, no thank you.I have other things to spend my hard-earned money on then something like that
  • ShowzShowz ✭✭
    An 60 dollar rng box nice.. yeah no thanks
  • For a little more money anyone could handpick those items from the store. We are asked to pay 10 bucks for an item without even knowing, whether it will appeal to us cosmetically. For lootboxes with unknown cosmetics and predetermined quantities this pricepoint is way too high. It is not custom tailored.
  • I believe to start off you get the Sushi cat mount(brown version)
  • haroldz wrote: »
    Feels like a cash grab.
    It sure is (the front loading with founders pack was just the first one). Bluehole definitely wanted some upfront revenues (for their portion of the shared revenues) to cover the expenses incurred in porting TERA over to console. Both parties are just trying to hit a lot of wallets before the inevitable player drop off happens.

Myself, I'm fine with the founder packs but am not touching this one (especially since I play on PC primarily but just wanted to have some characters on console to occasionally play there).
  • Ya if they told us the 2 mounts, 2 outfits, and weapon skin and left out the signup, weekly, and ending surprise then I would have a better idea if this is worth it or not.
  • haroldz wrote: »
    Feels like a cash grab.
    It sure is (the front loading with founders pack was just the first one). Bluehole definitely wanted some upfront revenues (for their portion of the shared revenues) to cover the expenses incurred in porting TERA over to console. Both parties are just trying to hit a lot of wallets before the inevitable player drop off happens.

Myself, I'm fine with the founder packs but am not touching this one (especially since I play on PC primarily but just wanted to have some characters on console to occasionally play there).

I am exactly the same situation. I'd still consider myself mostly a PC player, but just playing Console a lot right now for a few characters as well and because some of my friends or my brother might play on the PS4 since they don't have a PC that can run Tera.
  • simitsimit ✭✭
    I'd rather buy a new game if i was inclined to spend that money, no doubt they be those say it worth it but it really isn't
  • well i decided to buy it after hearing about the dragon egg, i have some theorys that it might be a dragon mount since if it was a pet it wouldn't be called a fledgling dragon since the dragon pet is already out an called dragonette.
    dragon%20egg_zpszzos5df4.jpg
    sushi%20cat_zpswjunxtvj.jpg
  • I can’t even consider this offer at this price. Account wide and I would still be struggling, and it is single use. There doesn’t really seem to be $60 dollars worth of content here, especially considering I don’t know what exactly my $60 is going to get me, and I would struggle on which of my two characters would get what.