EME's practices, lack of communication, and false advertising already leading to people being warned

Comments

• VixsarisVixsaris ✭✭
    From what I have seen,starting from PC to console ,,the bugs won't be fixed,things offered will be changed and money will still be taken..I'm not a "doom an gloom"player and have prob clocked 1000's hours game time on Warframe, ESO,Neverwinter, etc,etc. But just read the other forums pc and general seems like the Korean Devs,look after the Ktera,with all the hotfixes patches and game balancing while us,euro gamers pay to keep them going,I hope I'm wrong for Xbox, ps4,,I bought the £70 founder's pack and am happy,never really noticed the emp,lol.. I just want the game to be kept up with,and fixed,patched when there's probs.Here's to the future
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vixsaris wrote: »
    From what I have seen,starting from PC to console ,,the bugs won't be fixed,things offered will be changed and money will still be taken..I'm not a "doom an gloom"player and have prob clocked 1000's hours game time on Warframe, ESO,Neverwinter, etc,etc. But just read the other forums pc and general seems like the Korean Devs,look after the Ktera,with all the hotfixes patches and game balancing while us,euro gamers pay to keep them going,I hope I'm wrong for Xbox, ps4,,I bought the £70 founder's pack and am happy,never really noticed the emp,lol.. I just want the game to be kept up with,and fixed,patched when there's probs.Here's to the future

Basically, my expectation is:

1) The really obvious bugs like not being able to resurrect after death, etc. will be fixed. It'd be too insane for their support staff if that weren't fixed quickly, and it's really obvious.

2) Content from PC will eventually get close-ish to catching up (but never quite parity due to time it takes to adjust for console).

3) Performance problems will continue to exist no matter what, as they do on PC. There might be minor improvements here and there, but I wouldn't expect any miracles.

So if people are expecting like major improvements to the game's performance that would fix all the hitches and slowdown, I doubt it. But if you're generally okay with the way it is now minus the obvious bugs, and are just hoping for continued development, I think you'll get that.
  • DatGeekDatGeek ✭✭✭
    Vixsaris wrote: »

Basically, my expectation is:

1) The really obvious bugs like not being able to resurrect after death, etc. will be fixed. It'd be too insane for their support staff if that weren't fixed quickly, and it's really obvious.

2) Content from PC will eventually get close-ish to catching up (but never quite parity due to time it takes to adjust for console).

3) Performance problems will continue to exist no matter what, as they do on PC. There might be minor improvements here and there, but I wouldn't expect any miracles.

So if people are expecting like major improvements to the game's performance that would fix all the hitches and slowdown, I doubt it. But if you're generally okay with the way it is now minus the obvious bugs, and are just hoping for continued development, I think you'll get that.

When it comes to the performance issues, let me just say this much. If enough people report the product in the console store (Yes, we can report a product directly to microsoft through the store!) the game will be removed from the store.

Yes, when it comes to games on the console, i and probably many more expect a fully functional game without the current issues that this game suffer from, because a console isn't as versatile as a PC. We don't have anywhere near the same amount of graphical settings in the console version as the PC version have.

The extreme memory leaks shouldn't even be possible if they ported the game correctly.

The channel bugs, the automatic server bug, the newly reported perma death bug and more.

I want to see the game succeed on the console, but if they're going to be as lazy with the console version as they have been with the PC version, then there is absolutely no hope for this game on the console. It's not EME's fault, it's the developer Blueholes' fault. They need to get their [filtered] together and stop being lazy.
  • It's been an extremely busy week here for the console team at En Masse, but I wanted to take some time today to jump in this thread and make a statement because I honestly feel bad about this whole situation around the Founder's Pack page and this absolutely deserves a response. I'm sorry I couldn't make it sooner.

In the lead-up to Head Start launch, there were a million things going on and, while reviewing the contents of the Founder's Pack page, I didn't realize that each image was clickable revealing a description of each item contained in the packs. For this silly reason, the misinformation/errors regarding elite status EMP distribution weren't caught. It was a mistake and wasn't intended to intentionally mislead players or persuade a purchase based on incorrect information.

In any case, "too busy" is no excuse and we will work to restore your trust by being more diligent about these things in the future. If you have any further questions or concerns regarding the Founder's Packs, please submit a support ticket as follows and a member of our team will help you out:

(TERA> TERA PS4/XBOX: Purchase and Billing Support> Founders Packs> General Inquiry)

Regarding the lack of account-bound items in the packs or within the console version of TERA in general, the system by which we offer and distribute account-bound items does not currently exist in these versions. It may be developed in the future (along with the elite feature granting EMP for daily login) but it is simply not available at this time.
  • DatGeekDatGeek ✭✭✭
    @Denommenator

I'm not really one to fuzz about a lot of stuff, but things like this really makes me angry.

Although i can see where you're coming from. Things get hectic during launch of any online game. However in this case, the hole which has been dug thus far, has been dug too deep to climb out of.

Transparency should've been there from the start and the people in charge should've made the changes before the packs went on sale.

There is no excuse, regardless of how many things were going on. False advertisement is false advertisement and you can't hide it behind a fancy wall of text. We bought the packs based on the information we saw when we clicked on the link regardless of your intention(s).

I'd also like to add that, when you look at other mmorpgs that have a subscription, it is quite common for stuff like mounts and founder titles to be account bound.. Especially a title such as Founder and even more so when the pack you buy cost more than two full AAA titles.
  • I don’t think the mistakes on communication were intentional. I have noticed since beta details have been very cloudy.

That being said, I find that the founder packs to be incredibly disappointing and I kinda regret buying one. Most packs like this in other games would be account wide. I see many things on the store I would love to buy like the mounts, but at that price I could get a mount that can be used on any character in other games for maybe a few dollars more.

They need account wide to be implemented. I found it shocking that the founder title was for one character. I have never seen that in a game before. I hope they go back and make the things in the pack account wide. They probably can’t now because they promoted the purchase of multiple packs to get around account wide limitations.
  • DarkrulerjoeDarkrulerjoe ✭✭
    edited April 4
    DatGeek wrote: »
    @Denommenator

I'm not really one to fuzz about a lot of stuff, but things like this really makes me angry.

Although i can see where you're coming from. Things get hectic during launch of any online game. However in this case, the hole which has been dug thus far, has been dug too deep to climb out of.

Transparency should've been there from the start and the people in charge should've made the changes before the packs went on sale.

There is no excuse, regardless of how many things were going on. False advertisement is false advertisement and you can't hide it behind a fancy wall of text. We bought the packs based on the information we saw when we clicked on the link regardless of your intention(s).

I'd also like to add that, when you look at other mmorpgs that have a subscription, it is quite common for stuff like mounts and founder titles to be account bound.. Especially a title such as Founder and even more so when the pack you buy cost more than two full AAA titles.

They were understaffed, and didn't know the image was clickable..it's not like they intentionally did it to squeeze out $$ from the customers. And when you say "based on the information we saw", So if that little mention of daily EMP wasn't in the elite from the start, would you of still bought a founders pack (of whatever founder you bought. I'm guessing the $150 one)?

I can see people being annoyed with the lack of mention of "Only 1 character can claim this" on the mount of the $150 founder when it was included on others, if you were one of the people who assumed it was an account mount and bought that pack for that reason, then sure I can understand your frustrations or dis-trust or anything. But if the main reason you bought the founder pack you did was for the daily emp, and you are complaining about it just because of that reason then that just seems kind of petty, especially when the packs themselves already give you your money's worth as it is.

Also outside of the consoles having issues getting the daily emp to work, it was something that was added to PC version during a patch, which might or might not be the same patch that we are on anyways...So even if the daily emp was working fine for consoles, we might not even be at the right patch for it to even apply to us for now.

Though I can't defend EME for everything..I'll admit that they really should of made a post way before now about it, especially when they changed the wording of the daily EMP on Elite status, they should a made a quick like 2-3 sentence announcement explaining the situation (I mean really EME, that would of took 5 mins..) and then people wouldn't of been anywhere near as annoyed.

It's nice to see them at least now leave a message on a thread or two, and hopefully that means that they'll at least start to be a little more active. But EME really does need to pay more attention to the forums. I get that Discord is a great place and all, but any information you leave on Discord is always lost within the hundreds of comments. Even if you pin some of your messages, it's not always a solution as we wouldn't even know what the question or concern is to that your message is pinned.
  • So the account bound system isn't available and wasn't even developed for console? Seems intentional then. And it MAY be developed at a later time? Between that, the bugs, store mishap, and no gunner/ninja/valkyrie yet, I'll just take a wait and see approach. Was looking forward to fully supporting and playing Tera but I don't feel like it's worth it right now for me personally.
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 4
    In the lead-up to Head Start launch, there were a million things going on and, while reviewing the contents of the Founder's Pack page, I didn't realize that each image was clickable revealing a description of each item contained in the packs. For this silly reason, the misinformation/errors regarding elite status EMP distribution weren't caught. It was a mistake and wasn't intended to intentionally mislead players or persuade a purchase based on incorrect information.

In any case, "too busy" is no excuse and we will work to restore your trust by being more diligent about these things in the future. If you have any further questions or concerns regarding the Founder's Packs, please submit a support ticket as follows and a member of our team will help you out:

Do you think it might be time to hire CM's for PC and console? Do you think it might be time to hire someone to actually go through patch notes so they can be put on in a reasonable amount of time (like a week maybe, instead of the 2-24 hour notice we normally get, if that at all?) Why is it that unpaid translators who run 3rd party websites and tumblr pages can translate the patch notes of Ktera immediately, but you are a subsidiary of BHS and you can't even give us patch notes 24 hours before the build goes live?

Do you think maybe it's time to have someone ACTUALLY WORK ON THE WEBSITE, so that the servers status page comes back, so that the old patch notes are back, so that game guides are up and running?

You're seriously going to try to tell us that the excuse is "we didn't know those things could be hyperlinked!" I'm sure it's true, which makes it all the more lazy and terrible on your part (not specifically YOU, but "you" as in EME as a whole.)

I'm sure you guys have been working really hard, but you have to see how it looks to your paying customers when they see a massive screw up and the only thing they hear is "I'm sorry, we'll try to make sure it doesn't happen again." I'm sorry but we need something more than that. Like actual effort.
  • ThyrusWhiteThyrusWhite ✭✭
    edited April 4
    > @Denommenator said:
    > It's been an extremely busy week here for the console team at En Masse, but I wanted to take some time today to jump in this thread and make a statement because I honestly feel bad about this whole situation around the Founder's Pack page and this absolutely deserves a response. I'm sorry I couldn't make it sooner.
    >
    > In the lead-up to Head Start launch, there were a million things going on and, while reviewing the contents of the Founder's Pack page, I didn't realize that each image was clickable revealing a description of each item contained in the packs. For this silly reason, the misinformation/errors regarding elite status EMP distribution weren't caught. It was a mistake and wasn't intended to intentionally mislead players or persuade a purchase based on incorrect information.
    >
    > In any case, "too busy" is no excuse and we will work to restore your trust by being more diligent about these things in the future. If you have any further questions or concerns regarding the Founder's Packs, please submit a support ticket as follows and a member of our team will help you out:
    >
    > (TERA> TERA PS4/XBOX: Purchase and Billing Support> Founders Packs> General Inquiry)
    >
    > Regarding the lack of account-bound items in the packs or within the console version of TERA in general, the system by which we offer and distribute account-bound items does not currently exist in these versions. It may be developed in the future (along with the elite feature granting EMP for daily login) but it is simply not available at this time.

Thank you for the heads up. You have been understandably busy, and Easter weekend has just ended so I was hoping we'd get something today.

Glad that the issues/concerns have been acknowledged and actually can't believe we had people disputing against a response 0,o I can at least inform others of the response now.
  • NemmarNemmar ✭✭
    edited April 4
    It's been an extremely busy week here for the console team at En Masse, but I wanted to take some time today to jump in this thread and make a statement because I honestly feel bad about this whole situation around the Founder's Pack page and this absolutely deserves a response. I'm sorry I couldn't make it sooner.

(TERA> TERA PS4/XBOX: Purchase and Billing Support> Founders Packs> General Inquiry)

Regarding the lack of account-bound items in the packs or within the console version of TERA in general, the system by which we offer and distribute account-bound items does not currently exist in these versions. It may be developed in the future (along with the elite feature granting EMP for daily login) but it is simply not available at this time.

You have my sympathy, mistakes happen.

But i do have a request, wich you touched on and will go a long way into restoring confidance, wich is the daily EMP reward and account wide items. I would love if it was retroactive to the starter pack mounts, but selling mounts and pet's in a per character basis comes off as extremely... reaching, to put it nicely. So, please do what you can to adress that.
  • It's been an extremely busy week here for the console team at En Masse, but I wanted to take some time today to jump in this thread and make a statement because I honestly feel bad about this whole situation around the Founder's Pack page and this absolutely deserves a response. I'm sorry I couldn't make it sooner.
    (transcript cut for space)

Thank you Denommenator, several of us (or at least me, I can't really say for others) were less angry about the mistake itself and more angry that it appeared like the team wanted to cover it up and ignore it. I know this weekend had to have been bust getting ready for a full launch so close to a holiday and appreciate you addressing these concerns now. I think a lot of player concerns could be alleviated with a quick sticky "An error has been found [here] will respond with more information on this in this post at a later date." as it would provide acknowledgment of the mishap and assurance that questions/concerns regarding the mishap/issue will be addressed at some point.
  • > @Denommenator said:
    > It's been an extremely busy week here for the console team at En Masse, but I wanted to take some time today to jump in this thread and make a statement because I honestly feel bad about this whole situation around the Founder's Pack page and this absolutely deserves a response. I'm sorry I couldn't make it sooner.
    >
    > In the lead-up to Head Start launch, there were a million things going on and, while reviewing the contents of the Founder's Pack page, I didn't realize that each image was clickable revealing a description of each item contained in the packs. For this silly reason, the misinformation/errors regarding elite status EMP distribution weren't caught. It was a mistake and wasn't intended to intentionally mislead players or persuade a purchase based on incorrect information.
    >
    > In any case, "too busy" is no excuse and we will work to restore your trust by being more diligent about these things in the future. If you have any further questions or concerns regarding the Founder's Packs, please submit a support ticket as follows and a member of our team will help you out:
    >
    > (TERA> TERA PS4/XBOX: Purchase and Billing Support> Founders Packs> General Inquiry)
    >
    > Regarding the lack of account-bound items in the packs or within the console version of TERA in general, the system by which we offer and distribute account-bound items does not currently exist in these versions. It may be developed in the future (along with the elite feature granting EMP for daily login) but it is simply not available at this time.

Very cool. This is all I wanted.

Any chance of making the founder packs account bound in the future? Retroactively?

Thanks.
  • DatGeekDatGeek ✭✭✭
    DatGeek wrote: »
    @Denommenator

They were understaffed, and didn't know the image was clickable..it's not like they intentionally did it to squeeze out $$ from the customers. And when you say "based on the information we saw", So if that little mention of daily EMP wasn't in the elite from the start, would you of still bought a founders pack (of whatever founder you bought. I'm guessing the $150 one)?

I can see people being annoyed with the lack of mention of "Only 1 character can claim this" on the mount of the $150 founder when it was included on others, if you were one of the people who assumed it was an account mount and bought that pack for that reason, then sure I can understand your frustrations or dis-trust or anything. But if the main reason you bought the founder pack you did was for the daily emp, and you are complaining about it just because of that reason then that just seems kind of petty, especially when the packs themselves already give you your money's worth as it is.

Also outside of the consoles having issues getting the daily emp to work, it was something that was added to PC version during a patch, which might or might not be the same patch that we are on anyways...So even if the daily emp was working fine for consoles, we might not even be at the right patch for it to even apply to us for now.

Though I can't defend EME for everything..I'll admit that they really should of made a post way before now about it, especially when they changed the wording of the daily EMP on Elite status, they should a made a quick like 2-3 sentence announcement explaining the situation (I mean really EME, that would of took 5 mins..) and then people wouldn't of been anywhere near as annoyed.

It's nice to see them at least now leave a message on a thread or two, and hopefully that means that they'll at least start to be a little more active. But EME really does need to pay more attention to the forums. I get that Discord is a great place and all, but any information you leave on Discord is always lost within the hundreds of comments. Even if you pin some of your messages, it's not always a solution as we wouldn't even know what the question or concern is to that your message is pinned.

As i've said before. False advertisement is false advertisement. Can't hide it behind a fancy wall of text.

Doesn't matter if there are 50 people or one person working on it. Correct information is vital no matter what. Mistakes happen, sure. We are all human, but when it has been swept under the rug for this long after the headstart launched, it doesn't matter. That's taking a [filtered] on the ones who bought the founder packs, and sure as hell isn't a way to build up a customer<>developer<>publisher trust relationship.

I bought the pack because of all the perks listed, but the big one for me and most likely everyone else, was the EMP bonus and account bound title and mount. No, it didn't say it was account bound, but it didn't say it wasn't either, and when you've played other titles with founder packs or whatever items and they're account bound, then you kind of get used to that level of service. In fact, i think it should go without saying that when you purchase a pack worth two full AAA titles, you get account bound stuff.

I never assume. I expect information to be correct from the start. Especially on stuff you buy with real money to support both publisher and developer.

Their discord is a mess to be honest. People spam the chat with pointless messages, and there's no real information to be had there either. Most of the time you get a reply with "Don't know" or "Maybe".

I expect them to 'know' whether or not a patch is coming to improve the game. I don't care about an ETA, i just want to know if it's coming. "Don't know" and "Maybe" doesn't cut it when the game is as optimized as a wet rug on the console with a mixed patch for launch that looks like the game has been picked apart and put back together using bits and pieces from various patches by programmers fresh out of school.
  • @Denommenator

I understand that the account bound system simply isn't in place yet on console, nor is the daily emp bonus.
    However, I do believe that it is within the power of the developers to make other work arounds that would satisfy the desired end result.

For example: Okay you can't give a daily 10 or 15 emp or whatever? Fine... just give a blanket lump sum of emp to all the elite/founders that should be entitled to it. So if it was supposed to be 10 per day for 30 days, give them 3000 off the back. Problem solved.

As for account bound mounts? Well, why not just give everyone 8 (or whatever the max amount of characters is) bound mounts instead of 1. That way they have enough for all their potential characters.

Now everyone is happy and you don't have a mess on your hands. You can thank me later.