[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Starting TERA Console

Hiya guys.

I played both OBT and loved the game.
But due to the prices of Founders packs and what they would offer, I decided to wait for 3rd of April and play with Elite Status.

The problem is that I follow you guys posts here in the forums and read them everyday, cause I think the feedback and issues you guys bring are very helpful (some posts btw :))

But looking at them I see a lot of reports of really big bugs and lag issues and god sake that echo sounds are still up :(

Some of this issues like being dead for 2 days, are really bad.

So I don't know if I shoudnt just wait for some fixes and then play.

What is you guys opinions of the state of the game right now?

Comments

• I like the game. I just wanna see real money purchases Account bound vs. Character bound. Other than that, I'm good.
  • I've had no issues. Leveled a Lancer to 42 on the pvp server and 32 on the PvE and a Warrior to 27. Not had any issues at all.
  • Hey guys, is CounterPunch available on consoles?
  • ~60h playtime and got disconnected/dashboarded 3 times so far. Not a big deal to me.

The lag sometimes is annoying but not to a degree I would stop playing.

Download it and test it yourself, you don´t need to buy Elite status just to check out if it´s ok for you in the state it is now
  • I played all day yesterday and didn’t have any major issues. No crashes or disconnects. Some lag in town but not a big deal
  • simitsimit ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    The thing about forums is there normally frequented by the minority of a games base an normally the vocal minority or by those who like the game but then get drowned out by the vocal complainers.

The simple truth is the game has console teething problems but you will find the majority of the player base in game enjoying there time playing the game regardless, the games FTP you can download an check it out for yourself without listening to me or anyone else an make your own mind up without investing anything apart from a little time, something i'd actually recommend anyone to do
  • Definitely worth it :) no game breaking issues on my end
  • Some minor issues and you do get a lot of lag in crowded cities like Velika and Highwatch but that only happens inside the cities where getting lag in those areas won't be all that bad. The forums might seem negative, but as simit mentioned, the forums only contains a very small fraction of the players where most people are enjoying themselves playing on the consoles.

Sure there are some things I'd wish to be changed for both the console and pc version but nothing that is big enough to really complain about or stop playing for. I'd suggest to at least give it a shot since it is free to play. You really don't lose anything for trying it out (besides for I guess for space on your console lol) because if you play and like the way the state of the game right now, then you can continue to have fun with it...and even if you think the game has a few issues, then you could just take a break until those issues are fixed.
  • I've played PC for at least 5 years, even played K-Tera for a while.

The console version runs better overall than it has ever done on PC.
  • I've played PC for at least 5 years, even played K-Tera for a while.

The console version runs better overall than it has ever done on PC.
  • > @simit said:
    > The thing about forums is there normally frequented by the minority of a games base an normally the vocal minority or by those who like the game but then get drowned out by the vocal complainers.
    >
    > The simple truth is the game has console teething problems but you will find the majority of the player base in game enjoying there time playing the game regardless, the games FTP you can download an check it out for yourself without listening to me or anyone else an make your own mind up without investing anything apart from a little time, something i'd actually recommend anyone to do

Now this man... has my respect. Finally someone with some damn intellect and sense about him, he couldnt be more right, dont let the miniority vocal whiners deter you from trying a really great game. Go download and make that decisiom entirely for yourself as it should be.
  • Terranova667Terranova667 ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I've been playing since the founders packs allowed access and thankfully haven't had any major issues myself, of course there's the lag in the big cities like Velkia but not much be done about that really the PC version still has it and that's been running for years.

now that it's launched you don't have to spend any money to play, give it a go and if you don't have any issues then drop some money for elite status etc, that way should something go wrong you haven't wasted your money on it.
  • Thanks for the reply guys. Will def try and see how it is. Wish a good game for you all. :)
  • I've only had a few disconnects (annoyingly one was last night when I was soloing a dungeon boss) and some lag in areas like the main city.

Other than that I'm really enjoying it.

Considering you can start for free just download the game and start playing, if you don't have any issues just get the Elite Status