There will be a TERA PC Maintenance on Tuesday (4/24) from 8 A.M. - Noon PDT

Is the Website tera.enmasse.com for Console only now?

I'm asking becuase ALL PC related news can be found only on forums now

for example
https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/23758/item-removal-during-the-up-coming-maintenance#latest
https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/23756/vanguard-request-double-item-and-rep-credits#latest
https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/23397/april-bg-jackpot-calendar#latest

And so on....

On the other hand you can find when maintenance is on main page, even on German, you can also find articles about promoters etc etc.

EME have announced new patch coming up on April 17th, http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/godsfall-comes-to-tera-on-april-17 and since then we heard nothing about it from this publisher, what will be new? Will there be new dungeons? New gears?

I know that Loriri posted everything earlier, but not everyone read his docs, there are players who don't even visit EME forums and they are left in dark because someone from EME doesn't care anymore.

Why EME does this? Why are they so disrespectful to players who were around for 5+ years? Why are they trying to promote one platform in expense of other?

Comments

• tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭
    take a chill pill
    re open tera.enmasse.com and you see at the top
    All PC PS4 XBOX ONE (hint their links for your platform choice)
    its for all platforms till you click the link to the platform of your choice
    its also the same page if you click the news link at the top of any forum page
  • LynxzerLynxzer ✭✭
    funny that you are posting this in the TERA Forums / PC - General Discussion section
  • BustTodDustBustTodDust ✭✭✭
    tisnotme wrote: »
    take a chill pill

And can you find any of the news I linked in main page? There was whole Easter egg event that wasn't published on main page. Perhaps you should try to read all post before responding next time.

Godsfall Comes to TERA on PC on April 17!
    Posted on Mar 22, 2018 by Seandynamite

Put Some Spring in Your Step!
    Posted on Apr 03, 2018 by Geletron

And someone will now try to convince me that there were no events or any other news related to PC platform between March 22nd and April 3rd.
  • LagIncarnateLagIncarnate ✭✭✭
    tisnotme wrote: »
    take a chill pill

But there have been several events and other PC news that has happened in the past few weeks that haven't been posted on the homepage's PC news section. In fact none of the events in the past few weeks have been announced anywhere on the website except for the forums.

Also a really annoying gripe about the platform filter on the homepage, it doesn't work for the giant "recent news" banners that dominate the top part of the news on the homepage.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭
    Perhaps you should try to read all post before responding next time.
    I'm asking becuase ALL PC related news can be found only on forums now
    I did read all your post even tho I replied to you opening statement that no pc news at all is there anymore only console all pc is only here ! well that is what you straight out said
    And can you find any of the news I linked in main page?
    Put Some Spring in Your Step!
    Posted on Apr 03, 2018 by Geletron
    this is the very top news item on that page
    as for the broken easter egg event well you missed out on hours of searching for minimal spawn offering minimal loot
    But there have been several events and other PC news that has happened in the past few weeks that haven't been posted on the homepage's PC news section. In fact none of the events in the past few weeks have been announced anywhere on the website except for the forums.
    so you also didn't see the in game announcements that were also posted in the calendars opening page as you logged in

I wont go as far as saying all is good and every thing is on news page but most of it is even tho it was stated none was anymore and there are also other places that this is also being posted other than here

• tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭
    oh and incase you end up missing it heres a heads up
    Starting Tuesday, April 3rd at 4am PDT through Tuesday, April 10th at 4am PDT, you'll be rewarded DOUBLE the Items and Rep Credits for completing Vanguard Requests.
    We plan to remove the following items during Maintenance on Tuesday.
    TERA Celebration Token
    Anniversary Token
    All of the old remaining TERA Letters ( T, E, R, A )
  • BustTodDustBustTodDust ✭✭✭
    My question was why news such as

TERA Celebration Token
    Anniversary Token

Are not on main TERA site, on the other hand we get to know what console promoters are having for lunch.

And I don't want to read news in small font in game and to click on calendar to see when is event. Just like console player I have every right to be informed on TERA site, I should be able to see BG calendar on TERA site, not to browse forums for it.

I should be able to find out more about new patch on TERA website too, but there is nothing about it, just that its coming on April 17th.
  • LynxzerLynxzer ✭✭
    My question was why news such as

TERA Celebration Token
    Anniversary Token

Are not on main TERA site, on the other hand we get to know what console promoters are having for lunch.

And I don't want to read news in small font in game and to click on calendar to see when is event. Just like console player I have every right to be informed on TERA site, I should be able to see BG calendar on TERA site, not to browse forums for it.

I should be able to find out more about new patch on TERA website too, but there is nothing about it, just that its coming on April 17th.

Are u new to TERA? they always release info about new patch closer to the actual date of release... and eveything is on the forums .. and the major events are on the main page (such as strongbox events, new patch, gem boxes, etc).. idk why u keep complaining... is not like the easter egg event was great... listen to tisnotme
  • I'll address a few of these things - and thanks for the feedback!

First, we shifted a few things to the forums and other methods of notification; we know that most players do NOT get their event information from the website (based off the traffic we get to the site, who is coming, how long they are staying, what they are looking at). I have asked the team to make sure we keep posting NEW types of events or promotions, or seasonal things on the website with news posts as well as all the other social methods (like forums, twitter, facebook, discord, Steam community hub, in game calendar, etc...). This includes product releases and sales as well as announcements about content updates or big news. I've basically relegated BIG NEWS to news posts.

Recurring events like dungeon highlights, battleground jackpots, vanguard bonuses, guardian legion bonuses, and the like will be shared via all the other channels we have, but will stay off the main page of the TERA site. Because the site is shared (and even though we have a filtering system), it will reduce confusion about these events that have now become pretty regular as to what platform they are happening on. Plus it becomes white noise at some point - just flooding news posts means people begin to ignore them and then more important info flies right by them. So keep looking for these types of events on the forums, twitter, facebook, discord, in game event calendar, Steam community hub, and all those kinds of places. It's not to say these events aren't imporant, they are just recurring, and platform specific. If we find that players really have no idea what's happening, we can re-evaluate this. For what it's worth, the launcher is still our number one communication method with PC players, and we are working on ideas on how to make information on there more useful and relevant for things exactly like this!

As for patch notes, the web team needed to prioritize what needed to be ported over from the old site to the new and the product team deprioritized the old patch notes from the site and decided that this was an opportunity to move them to a place that didn't require web team interaction at all. Remember even things like creating the patch notes page and getting it posted at a certain time requires resource coordination that we felt was better spent working on other things on the site (perhaps like making the launcher information more relevant like I listed above). Instead of getting writers to write them, then send them to QA for verification, then to the web team to stage, then to coordinate posting them along with links in the forums and all that, it made more sense to put them on the forum, where the discussion inevitably lead anyway. So all patch notes going forward are posted in the PC patch notes sub-forum!

As for the Godsfall update, this particular patch we will be posting the patch notes and promo page next week, so stay tuned!

Hope this clears some of this up; the TL:DR of it is that BIG NEWS will be news posts, and recurring/smaller news will be posted everywhere but the news posts.

-seandynamite
This discussion has been closed.