Frame rate in some dungeons are so bad it's unplayable.

I was doing vault of kaprima and we were on the boss that summons all those traps. Midway through the fight me and my friends frame rate dropped so badly that we could barely use skills or dodge any attacks. It got to the point where it was so bad i couldn't even keep behind the boss and i got hit by frontal attacks because the tank was constantly spinning the boss when it wasn't needed and when my frame rate is so bad i can actually see each frame its way too hard to keep up and stay behind the boss. It just feels like everything else is 5 steps ahead of me and i can never catch back up to whats currently happening.

The healer got on voice chat and proceeded to start swearing and bi***ing at the party saying that hes doing all the work and were doing nothing even though we told him earlier we were having trouble because our frame rate was dropping and killing our dps/dodging efforts. Keep in mind i have a pro system with the lurid and graphic settings all the way down in tera. I tried to find a way to mute him because my 4 year old daughter was in the living room with me and i didn't want her hearing the words the healer was saying. I looked everywhere and could not find a setting or option to mute him in game and the voice chat in tera and dungeons seems to apparently be forced or something. I ended up having to mute my whole tv as a solution which in my opinion shouldn't have to be done just to mute a single player in tera. Maybe if i wasn't in the middle of a boss fight i would have more time and find a in game solution but there was so much going on all at once. Enmasse/Bluehole there is absolutely no excuse for this at all.

I am very dissatisfied and i am glad i have not spent a penny on this game and instead only used the twitch prime offer so far. I never liked a lot about the overall progress of this game's port over to ps4 so far and that's no secret, but it's just getting to the point where things are a bit ridiculous now. To the point where it's a hassle to play your game, instead of an enjoyment like it should be. I am 2 inches from just deleting the client and moving on. If nothing gets resolved soon i will be saying goodbye to you. I am not the one who should be putting in the effort to get your game to work just to play and enjoy it, and from what i see based on your recent patch notes all you have been patching in comparison to real issues are basically useless things no one cares about. I understand it may be hard work to fix the bigger issues but you should not be wasting time and resources on minor things when there is much bigger fish to fry. If nothing is resolved in a full week from now i am saying my farewells and moving to other things. Sure this may sound like a rant, but when i say this i mean it from the bottom of my heart. I had hopes for this port i really wanted to get into tera now that it was coming to the ps4 and i had access to it, but all i have seen so far is incompetence and a rushed work of art turned into a piece of junk because you did not take your time and do it properly.

Sincerely A Dissatisfied Customer.

Comments

• edited April 2018
    Ongoing lagspikes simply require a reset of the game and or xbox.. Its happened to me once, and personally i have rare issues with lag whatsoever on the xbox one X, its so uncommon that i personally wouldnt come to forums to complain about it. Its a mmo on a console afterall so its to be expected. We already have enough senseless complaints here and dont need anymore. If for whatever reason your lag makes you not want to play, cool then dont play. But save the complaint seeing as we all experience lag too and you arent unique in that regard.
  • ive seriously had zero frame rate issues in dungeons on ps4. and ive probably left th game on for 8 hours at a time every day since launch.
  • VektronVektron ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I have exactly the same problem on Vault of kaprima liliths keep and a few others lv 65 dungeons with crazy affects...
    Sometimes the only solution is to reset my console...
    Im also on ps4 pro...
  • That's some wall of text. I've had some FPS issues. I don't mind in most cases but what is starting to irritate are the freezes/spikes. I'm hoping there will be a performance patch soon.
  • simitsimit ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Had some eye to text problems there, try some paragraphs

Try the simple fix of unplugging your headphones.
  • simit wrote: »

Sorry i was never good at writing lol ill split it into paragraphs or something haha.
  • simit wrote: »

And for the record i didnt have headphones plugged in from the start. They still can be heard through the tv. Also even if i could fix that through psn settings i still don't think its justification to not allow me to specifically mute someone in game if tera is going to force voice chat uppon us like this.
  • edited April 2018
    Ongoing lagspikes simply require a reset of the game and or xbox.. Its happened to me once, and personally i have rare issues with lag whatsoever on the xbox one X, its so uncommon that i personally wouldnt come to forums to complain about it. Its a mmo on a console afterall so its to be expected. We already have enough senseless complaints here and dont need anymore. If for whatever reason your lag makes you not want to play, cool then dont play. But save the complaint seeing as we all experience lag too and you arent unique in that regard.

saying its an mmo on a console doesn't excuse the bad optimization. Look at ffxiv thats a much more graphical mmo on ps4 too and it has 0 and i literally mean 0 stuttering or freezing. While the issue may be rare to you it happens as soon as i get on tera every time. People who deny that it happens i feel just want to defend the game for the sake of white knighting. It's already a known issue for ps4.
  • NemmarNemmar ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Well... in short i agree. The game needs better performance, especially in dungeons. Out in the world, whatever, aslong as it isn't unplayable. But in deungeon, one attack can be the difference between life and death.

Now, as far as the healer goes... is there are way to report him? Cause that is not ok at all.

Also, this game's graphics are not even as good as the PC version at launch and things pop in 10m in front of you. This is not really acceptable for a console game. Least you can do is make the frame rate better.
  • Vektron wrote: »
    I have exactly the same problem on Vault of kaprima liliths keep and a few others lv 65 dungeons with crazy affects...
    Sometimes the only solution is to reset my console...
    Im also on ps4 pro...

Ya even if that did fix it for me i still don't think people should have to reset their console for the game to run properly without memory leaks, stuttering, freezing, framerate issues. It's just not justifiable any way you think. People are paying money now and its enmasse/bluehole's actual JOBS to fix these things and make sure the game runs properly for everyone.
  • Nemmar wrote: »
    Well... in short i agree. The game needs better performance, especially in dungeons. Out in the world, whatever, aslong as it isn't unplayable. But in deungeon, one attack can be the difference between life and death.

Now, as far as the healer goes... is there are way to report him? Cause that is not ok at all.

Hey nemmar i remember we had a huge argument in the past about one of my topics lol, but its nice to see we agree on something here. And on psn theres no way to report since you can only report people through actual ps4 systems like out of game voice chat or psn chat etc. So that simply wasnt an option. I ended up having to send in a ticket to enmasse without proof as you can't exactly screenshot a in game voice chat. I did hit the share button and caught them in the voice chat but the video size is just enormous and on my net wouldn't even finish uploading so i guess if they ask for proof i will have to go to my friends and borrow his net to make the video upload to the GM's or whatever hehe.
  • ChrisLChrisL Probably not playing this dead game. ✭✭
    Honestly i would love to see the options that PC has,i can run it with 30-50 fps in ch 1 highwatch with max settings and get over 160 on preset 1,and i got so use to and comfortable with preset 1 that i stuck to it for better performance,as when on console(ps4),sure everything looks awesome. BRIGHT and colorful and so BRIGHT,where i cant see quest markers half the time haha. the lag comes where you would think it would playing with graphics like these on console,but would be great if we can optimize it ourselves in the options for enjoyed gaming.(off subject,some chat options would be great too,font size,filtering etc ;] )
  • I'm playing on XBox One X and the framerate is in general very bad in the game. Especially when Im riding, I have every few second massive freezes, stuttering or bad framerate. But in dungeons the framerate is fine for me. I only have sometimes a server disconnect in dungeons.

I started last week with 3 friends into the early access of the game. But today only I am playing the game anyway. My other friends already left the game due to the worse server and game client performance. They found it not acceptable for a game and also not really playable.
  • People denying that there are major performance issues in the forums are delusional (or in the earlier stages of the game).

Everything was running smoothly for me up until certain mid level dungeons, then everything went to crap. I can't remember which dungeon specifically was the worst but all I remember is my frame rate dipping so far that I was just looking at a screenshot every 3-5 seconds.

In regards to closing and restarting the game, that does help with the memory leaks but there are still serious frame rate issues in some dungeons.

Anyone defending the performance is talking completely crap. There are other MMO's on console that can hold a steady frame rate (FFXIV).

As others have said though, the Tera developers have done nothing to fix major optimization issues on PC for years and so the chances of this game being patched properly on console is next to none.

I really like the combat on Tera but I'm shocked this game got certified for console by the platform owners (Sony and Microsoft). Microsoft has a notoriously strict certification process and so how the hell Tera got through I don't know.
  • had the same problems with vault of kaprima mid boss. game was litterally unplayable , felt like it was running on 5 fps . It got better at the last boss but not as smooth as I wish it would be . got my items tho so I guess it was worth going thru that unplayable mess. Another dungeon that has high fps drop is Shadow sanguinary, frames dropped bad on the last boss.