[TERA Console] Maintenance to deploy the v86.01 update is scheduled for Monday, September 14 at 7 p.m. PT. Patch notes: http://bit.ly/terac_v86
[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

So I see En Masse have 0 interest in addressing the Oceanic players being stuck on EU servers?

It's been a few weeks now since @CobaltDragon implied that they were looking into oceanic servers being on NA not EU(why the servers are even split the way they are io specific clients s [filtered] but let's ignore that for now).

https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/22582/tera-console-countries-that-we-are-licensed-to-publish-in#latest Says you service Australia and New Zealand.
I would argue the complete lack of appropriate server placement and willful ignorance on the matter, despite many players and posts trying to get your attention regarding this shows you just don't care about your playerbase or even being honest with consumers.

You state you do one thing but the reality is a far cry from what is implied and there has been nothing said on the matter to suggest things will be fixed appropriately.

Seriously... WTF are the servers locked to clients? Where did EME get the idea to do such backwards implementation?

In before we get no real reply and this continues to be the norm for Oceanic players. I still haven't bothered to spend a dollar on the game despite eagerly awaiting it's release for over a year. I just cannot justify investing in a product with such willful incompetence. It's a shame because the game is fun and looks amazing, the people running it though are quite clearly clueless.

Comments

• Honestly i wouldn't expect much from EME or Bluehole at this point. It probably isn't in there plans to ever address, because they probably don't care. And know how the communication is they would rather just keep quiet about instead of be honest with us.
  • Snakey77Snakey77 ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Did one of the ilvl 410 dungeons the other night I could not dodge the aoes ping was that bad to the eu server from au its ridiculous.. haven't played since i may just go back to playing wow as I was messing around with it before the open beta ...
    It's a damn shame but I'm not going to spend much more time or money on a game that's unplayable end game because I get shoe horned into the server with disgraceful ping hell il even take the n/a server its better than the eu server as in ffxiv Japanese servers best for ping n/a second and eu the worse.
    I doubt they will ever make a dedicated oceanic server for Aus and nz and won't let us piggy back onto a Korean server language barrier and all that ...
    but to not even let us pick the n/a servers is pretty bad in the first place...
    Sorry enmasse even after you burn Aussie Xbox one players then give us crummy servers to ping to on PS4 your not going to be making much money off aussie and n/z players our market may be small in comparison to n/a and eu but your still losing a chunk that you could be making!
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your ping would be terrible on NA anyway. Tera is so ping reliant I can't recommend it to anyone that would have over 150 ping.
  • hell I get that on the jp server of ffxiv 150 and thats solid still n/a server would still be better than eu thats for sure!!
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snakey77 wrote: »
    hell I get that on the jp server of ffxiv 150 and thats solid still n/a server would still be better than eu thats for sure!!

Most people from aus have 200-300 ping on the na servers. The game is barely playable at that ping but I guess it's better than nothing
  • I do feel for aus players even though im from usa myself and never had to deal with serious ping issues. The least they could do is allow them a way to choose NA or EU imo, but thats just my opinion.
  • Wi2ardWi2ard ✭✭✭
    @CobaltDragon sent this issue to the development team to look into. He also asked for confimable examples of MMO's that default Oceanic to NA servers.
  • VektorWithakVektorWithak ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Wi2ard wrote: »
    @CobaltDragon sent this issue to the development team to look into. He also asked for confimable examples of MMO's that default Oceanic to NA servers.

There are so many MMOs on console to use as examples... It's common among most online games. Why are you defending a company for clearly not doing anything?

Oh I am so sure they are listening, they have heard our feedback... EA is that you?

Even if we weren't defaulted... Why is it so damn hard to understand that server selection is a basic feature in online gaming. Either let us be able to select NA servers or default us there. Why are there 2 different clients for the different parts of the world in todays age? It makes no sense and is so damn backwards, I haven't seen a modern game do this in like a decade. EME are a joke.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018

There are so many MMOs on console to use as examples...

Games such as?

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS4/What-countries-come-under-the-quot-EU-quot-region/td-p/24938278
  • ElinUsagi wrote: »

There are so many MMOs on console to use as examples...

Games such as?

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS4/What-countries-come-under-the-quot-EU-quot-region/td-p/24938278

I would also like to know this since I can for a fact tell you that both Neverwinter and Skyforge run on a EU based server on X1/ps4 in Australia even though NA servers exist and there is no overall segregation between player regions.

Some PC games may offer NA servers for AUS players but it is far more common for consoles to use EU where Oceania is not a region, which it seldom is.