The 2 best dps classes right now.

Comments

• Slayer is super fun to play it reminds me of Gladiator class in Dragon Nest. Easy pick
  • ViftsVifts ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    the dps tier list remains the same on console as it did during the vm7 patch in PC the main difference is the archer / sorc buffs
  • Vifts wrote: »
    the dps tier list remains the same on console as it did during the vm7 patch in PC the main difference is the archer / sorc buffs

What was the tier list for that PC patch?

• TLXTLX ✭✭
    Ashkendor wrote: »
    Slayer is super fun to play it reminds me of Gladiator class in Dragon Nest. Easy pick
    It is funny cus the warrior reminds me as the gladiator (human) of Lineage 2,while the slayer and berserker reminds me as the berserker (kamael) and titan (orc) of the same game.

• To be honest ANY class can do very high amount of damage. You'll only start to see a difference in classes is when you're literately at the top percentile.
  • > @Vinyltails said:
    > judging a class before 65 is meaningless because you lack very important glyphs and weapon rolls like CDR on weapon that make the class good.
    >
    > Take berserker, it's slow but at 65, it actually has attack speed and is actually pretty fast when using Flurry of Blows and other glyphs and becomes a very powerful DPS and mana becomes a non issue with Battle solutions
    >
    > Same goes for Sorc, you can't move while charging Arcane pulse because you lack the glyph and you can get heavily CD locked due to the lack of CDR roll on your weapon but at lv65, when you're able to get CDR rolls, the class changes and becomes more powerful and more mobile due to the cooldown on Jaunt/Backstep/Glacial being much slower and being able to move with Arcane pulse. Same goes for Archer
    >
    > Never judge a class before 65, it's pointless

Im gonna be starting this game on console soon and i really just wanna know what class i should go with rn im considering either warrior or slayer which should i go with?
  • TTKPPWLJFPTTKPPWLJFP ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    After your first character to 24, the subsequent chars will take 70-90 minutes each to get them to 24 cause you know the quests. The first dungeon gets you from 20-24, and you’ll have your rotation and a good feel for the classes. I’ve got six 65’s and the rest over 40.

I highly recommend leveling at least 3 classes to 24 before you commit to the run to 65. We don’t have dps meters on console so nobody knows their dps. The rankings could be significantly different from pc due to input type and other porting variables. Although I suspect sorc and zerker are in the top 3.
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    GNRRAGPTD5 wrote: »
    > @Vinyltails said:
    > judging a class before 65 is meaningless because you lack very important glyphs and weapon rolls like CDR on weapon that make the class good.
    >
    > Take berserker, it's slow but at 65, it actually has attack speed and is actually pretty fast when using Flurry of Blows and other glyphs and becomes a very powerful DPS and mana becomes a non issue with Battle solutions
    >
    > Same goes for Sorc, you can't move while charging Arcane pulse because you lack the glyph and you can get heavily CD locked due to the lack of CDR roll on your weapon but at lv65, when you're able to get CDR rolls, the class changes and becomes more powerful and more mobile due to the cooldown on Jaunt/Backstep/Glacial being much slower and being able to move with Arcane pulse. Same goes for Archer
    >
    > Never judge a class before 65, it's pointless

Im gonna be starting this game on console soon and i really just wanna know what class i should go with rn im considering either warrior or slayer which should i go with?

Slayer is easier to play since it's the original OG "Chain" class since "Most" of it's combos are loosely chainable (but please don't chain it). However, since Console patch is lacking Slayer's propulsion passive (which makes Whirlwind good/useful and allowing them to not have to rely on Heart Thrust spam as well as to get more Measured Slice (Your Biggest hit) casts in a fight) , their DPS is somewhat lacking and you'll be working harder than others to pull the same DPS as them. Slayer will be low on the tier list for awhile until they get the propulsion passive and when they do, they become respectable DPS, even more when console gets The awakening patch PC just received (In a year or so)

Warrior however pulls more dps, and will get revamped/changed slightly in the near future (Mainly down to how Edge is stacked, on you rather than on the boss along with a very good Deadly Gamble change which helps them build alot of edge within Deadly gamble) to make it very strong and will remain strong all the way up to PC's current patch where it remains one of the top 3 DPS classes...However it is much harder to master and use as you need to think on the fly on which combos to use to build up to 10 edge (Their whole mechanic) as fast as possible to scythe as quickly, and as often as you can while at 10 edge. You never want to Scythe below 10 edge as 9 edge is 83% of the damage of a 10 edge and require 23 more crit in order to guarantee a crit. You can also Tank with warrior if you like, but no-one will force you to (You also can't que in Instance matching yet as tank so there's that as well)

If you want to pick a class that does good DPS and will feel like you won't have to change as much to jump on the bandwagon, Pick warrior but it's more down to which class you enjoy more and will have the most fun...all classes can clear all content, it's down to how much work you want to put into it
  • TTKPPWLJFPTTKPPWLJFP ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    These are end game guides but they will help you will rotations, glyphs, and crystals while leveling. Also, the class you enjoy the most is the one you should go with. Nobody can see your dps. Also, how well you play the class is more important than the class you play.

https://essentialmana.com/category/class-guide/
  • DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Slayers (and Gunners iirc) were bottom tier from VM8 till Propulsion passive (Guardian Legion patch after gear revamp).
    Warriors will be very strong (top tier) after edge rework all the way till awakening patch...
    So, if you guys wanna play a strong and future-proof class (at least 1 year), play warrior and wait for the revamp...

On awakening patch, even if they are the 2nd best dps, i'll be very honest: EVERYONE is obsolete next to how broken zerkers are.
    If we ignore rke (where dps is gated by mechs), zerkers are like 20-30% better than warrior, especially on NM dungeons or HH.
    Warrior is only like 10% better than slayer (3rd best dps class) which, unlike broken zerker, is fair.
    In fact, awakening patch is so broken that a FM+0~3 (almost low tier gear) zerker can match np the dps of an SC+9 Ninja (BIS gear).
    Class elitism will be a huge problem when they release DS4 here on NA, mark my words.
    Almost all my dps friends on TR rerolled to zerkers...

The only patch that i remember that was so unbalanced was Brawler release back in 2015 wich destroyed the long term health of the game and ruined the playerbase..

Anyway, you guys on console should know that there's no balancing whatsoever on this game, BHS will only do "class rotations" to force you to reroll, trash your gear/costumes and buy everything again.
    They will put a 50% dps gap between classes on this game np just to force ppl to reroll every 6 month.
    And btw, some classes will ALWAYS be trash tier cuz they balance everything arround talent system on korea, Ninja is a prime example (btw Slayer is only doing good dps cuz we got a talent called "Propulsion" from korea!)
    There's a huge chance that in a time spam of 1 year, your class, no matter how OP is now, will become low-tier or at the most mid-tier...

So, keep this in mind before committing long term on Tera's endgame.
  • Archer/Zerker are safe bets tbh.
  • BlaineHall wrote: »
    Vinyltails wrote: »
    TLX wrote: »
    Vinyltails wrote: »
    judging a class before 65 is meaningless because you lack very important glyphs and weapon rolls like CDR on weapon that make the class good.

Take berserker, it's slow but at 65, it actually has attack speed and is actually pretty fast when using Flurry of Blows and other glyphs and becomes a very powerful DPS and mana becomes a non issue with Battle solutions

Same goes for Sorc, you can't move while charging Arcane pulse because you lack the glyph and you can get heavily CD locked due to the lack of CDR roll on your weapon but at lv65, when you're able to get CDR rolls, the class changes and becomes more powerful and more mobile due to the cooldown on Jaunt/Backstep/Glacial being much slower and being able to move with Arcane pulse. Same goes for Archer

Never judge a class before 65, it's pointless
    I guess you have played all classes till lvl 65?

Yes

Slayer becomes lower in the DPS tier list (at least in the patch console is) because every other class gets better. Hell, adding into the "Judging pre 65", you're being carried by Avatar weapons but at 65, you don't have that meaning you see just how Good/Bad some skills are because they have high/low Crit rate. Slayers are forced to build Full crit because most of their skills (Exception to like Measured Slice) have not so great Crit rate (MS usually is around 100% while others are often around 70-80~ish(?) crit rate) and every non crit is a DPS lost

you somewhat know what you talkin about . . . but you havnt even tested all those classes against each other in an aggro contest with BAMS (being the only way to measure which has better aggro). me and my buddy has gotten every dps class to 65 in +12 slaughter with optimal builds for each dps (accessories included). Also dont even try to say we arent experienced because both of us are from PC with 7 years of experience. We know all the classes to a certain degree (archer is my least favorite class). Currently on console the DPS from HIGHEST to LOWEST is as follows:

1) Berserker
    2) Slayer (slayer would be #1 if you used MP pots on top of the elite nostrum but that would of ruined our experiment)
    3) Warrior
    4) Archer
    5) Sorcerer
    6) Reaper

LMFAO you are [filtered]
  • I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings but for solo content... Mystic has the best + highest dps and survivability.
    And in dungeons... mehh who cares about that (lol)

• JohnNapalmJohnNapalm ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings but for solo content... Mystic has the best + highest dps and survivability.
    And in dungeons... mehh who cares about that (lol)

tbh mystic are the best class in game , has perfect buffs to dps (a dps with full power glyphs and a mystic aura can reach the highest dps in game ) in a dungeon and solo content like ghilaglade its 13 faster than any other class , i take around 3 min to do ghillaglade , i think i take more time to use scroll / load / teleport / load than to do ghillaglade ^^

but right now the best DPS class is for sure Berserker , i saw a guy in isle of dawn full t10 with perfect crystals that were killing any BAM in around 10 sec thats a ton of dps ^^