[TERA PC] Summersilk season is here! Pick up Summersilk Robes in the TERA store until August 3. Plus, earn a free Summersilk Robe in our leveling event: https://bit.ly/TERA_summersilk
[TERA Console] To celebrate the launch of the Awakening update, participate in the Awakening Leveling Event! Details: https://bit.ly/awkn_events
[TERA Console] Server maintenance to deploy the v84.03 hotfix is scheduled for 7~11 p.m. PT on Monday, July 13, 2020. This hotfix should improve upon issues with frequent crashes and blue screens. Patch notes: https://bit.ly/v84_03_patch

When is the patch coming out?

Tons of complains about stability and bugs issues. Specially FPS fall and others that prevent people from playing the game entirely.

So, when will we receive a patch with necessary content (such as the 3 other classes) - and these fixes?

Is it going to be weekly? Is it random?

Tera is a great game and it fits the console pretty well. Please, do the best with this opportunity, and don't let the buzz go down before doing these things.

Thanks!

Comments

  • DatGeekDatGeek ✭✭✭
    They mentioned on discord that it might drop next week, but there's currently no specific ETA on it.
  • SakkySakky ✭✭
    Patching con sole is vastly different then patching on pc. on pc they just push out the fixes needed one they verified the fix works.
    On console once they have the patch they send to to MS and Sony to have it certified for each console. If it fails they have to fix the issues and re submit (which is back of the line) and try again. When it passes they then are able to set a date with Sony and MS to push out the patch.

    I would not expect weekly patch due to this. it costs alot of money each time you submit a patch for a game (at lest when I was looking into this for microsoft a few years ago it was a few grand)
  • DatGeekDatGeek ✭✭✭
    Sakky wrote: »
    Patching con sole is vastly different then patching on pc. on pc they just push out the fixes needed one they verified the fix works.
    On console once they have the patch they send to to MS and Sony to have it certified for each console. If it fails they have to fix the issues and re submit (which is back of the line) and try again. When it passes they then are able to set a date with Sony and MS to push out the patch.

    I would not expect weekly patch due to this. it costs alot of money each time you submit a patch for a game (at lest when I was looking into this for microsoft a few years ago it was a few grand)

    Not just that, but Microsoft charges a hefty sum of $50,000,- per update. Not sure how Sony does it these days, though, but they are most likely charging a hefty sum themselves.
  • I was aware of the "certification" process, but really... they charge for pushing updates?
  • DatGeekDatGeek ✭✭✭
    Spunkid wrote: »
    I was aware of the "certification" process, but really... they charge for pushing updates?

    Yes, they do.

    They have a deal for indie developers though but yes, AAA devs and publishers have to pay a premium fee for game updates.
  • I wonder how they decide whether to charge or not in this case, I don't think TERA is considered a AAA game right?
  • DatGeekDatGeek ✭✭✭
    Spunkid wrote: »
    I wonder how they decide whether to charge or not in this case, I don't think TERA is considered a AAA game right?

    It is, and even if that wasn't the case, it definitely is not an indie title.
  • SakkySakky ✭✭
    It depends on what kind of deal Enmasse got with them to bring the game to consoles.
  • ZalmZalm ✭✭✭
    They used to, yes. They might not push as much, if any, now. It might also depend on the title, with some paying less, if an, for updates. I imagine something like Sea of Thieves might not have as much issue considering its exclusive, and sponsored, vs a ps native like Monster Hunter
  • I understand Sony is even more strict when it comes to the "quality" of the game, that's why some unfinished games can't make it into PS, I read something about is regarding PUBG.
  • DatGeekDatGeek ✭✭✭
    Zalm wrote: »
    They used to, yes. They might not push as much, if any, now. It might also depend on the title, with some paying less, if an, for updates. I imagine something like Sea of Thieves might not have as much issue considering its exclusive, and sponsored, vs a ps native like Monster Hunter

    Indie developers have their own deal with Microsoft called [email protected] which they can sign up for over at their website.

    Any developer bar indie developers have to pay a premium fee of $40-50,000 per update. Was wrong in my first post about the total number.

    They had the same system for the Xbox 360 but that ended in 2013.
Sign In or Register to comment.