[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Is RNG still ruling this game?

2»

Comments

• msoltysplmsoltyspl ✭✭✭
    Sofya wrote: »
    I'd like to know if you still need an absurd amount of luck on rng's to make progress or they changed a little bit so it's more based on your personal progress.

Well depends what stage. Up to +12 it's mostly ok - as long as you diligently farm mindless simplistic dungeons and dailies (or throw $$$s at screen to bypass the grind). Anything higher is so ridiculous that what you remember from 2012/13 was literally anti-rng. Prepare your wallet if you have any semblance of life outside computer games.

Fluff side is mostly pure rng with your real money.
  • ChiSauChiSau ✭✭
    Yes, but do not fret. If you say your prayers and make the proper sacrifices, you will gain RNGesus's favor.
  • Mobius1Mobius1 ✭✭✭
    Next patch there will be PvP gear that caps at +12, but is better than the tier 10 +15 gear (for PvP.).

So if you're into PvP, that may be some good new for you.

Also, you can buy the +15 gear, if you want to avoid the RNG. It's expensive, but at least risk free.
  • Let's put it this way. Tera is a gambling mans paradise. Why the hell would I wanna go to Las Vegas when I can go broke at home!

Jokes aside, I wouldn't spend a dime on this game rofl. I'm +12 Dreadnaught on two characters without spending irl money. I agree with the other people, getting scrolls and master working +12 items are wayyyy easier than back in the MCHM days. The only way to know for sure is to just come back and try the game out again.
  • NataxieNataxie
    edited May 2016
    I don't think the problem is that there are thing affected by RNG in general, actually it's necessary, in a way. The problem is the RNG is just a barrier for us to reach THE SAME THING. You would think that the randomness would allow for very diverse results but in the end we all end up in the same gear with the same rolls, etchings, enchanted to +12/15 wearing some hello kitty [filtered] and shiny forsaken title. Ok maybe I am exaggerating a little :pleased:
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    Afaik most if not all MMORPGs have a big RNG portion incorporated into its contents . . and TERA being f2p doesn't help much :o
  • Necro much?
  • Yeah, this thread should really be locked; many thing changed since May 2016 (though RNG is, sadly, not dead).
This discussion has been closed.