[TERA PC] Summersilk season is here! Pick up Summersilk Robes in the TERA store until August 3. Plus, earn a free Summersilk Robe in our leveling event: https://bit.ly/TERA_summersilk
[TERA Console] To celebrate the launch of the Awakening update, participate in the Awakening Leveling Event! Details: https://bit.ly/awkn_events
[TERA Console] Server maintenance to deploy the v84.03 hotfix is scheduled for 7~11 p.m. PT on Monday, July 13, 2020. This hotfix should improve upon issues with frequent crashes and blue screens. Patch notes: https://bit.ly/v84_03_patch

You make it very hard to enjoy this game

With the constant crashes and freezes.. I really shouldn't have to gamble on if I start a dungeon if the game will decide to just freeze and wipe our group. Where is the update on a patch? Seriously.

Comments

• SakkySakky ✭✭
    http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/week-one-known-issues a patch is being worked on now. once they have it stable it goes to Sony and MS for certification. If it passes it can get pushed out. if it fails it goes back to Enmasse to fix the issues and try again.

ETA is unkown as I have seen the certification take a few days to months. Once Enmasse gets the ok to push the patch we should get a firm date as the servers will possible have to go down as well to also be patched.
  • You are basically regurgitating what they said and they never really stated anything has been submitted for certification. The issue here is their lack of communication on these issues. I can sit here and say 'I know this is a problem" but give us at least a weekly update or something. Vesporax, for example, has been having constant server crashes and not a peep from the devs oh unless you are on their discord and they at least stated something about it. We are talking massive issues with the game, and many gamers would argue their "priority" list here. I don't expect an on the hour update as the day goes on but we need to be kept in the loop better than some ominous "We know there are issues" post, wouldn't you agree? We can patt the devs butt all we want and champion the game, I enjoy it and still play it yes, but there is a certain level of communication we have let slip as a gaming community not to mention standards in product. If we don't start holding developers to something of a standard then pretty soon you'll be paying for a game 3 years before it is even developed yet from a company like Ubisoft or EA.
  • SakkySakky ✭✭
    Sephlezar wrote: »
    You are basically regurgitating what they said and they never really stated anything has been submitted for certification. The issue here is their lack of communication on these issues. I can sit here and say 'I know this is a problem" but give us at least a weekly update or something. Vesporax, for example, has been having constant server crashes and not a peep from the devs oh unless you are on their discord and they at least stated something about it. We are talking massive issues with the game, and many gamers would argue their "priority" list here. I don't expect an on the hour update as the day goes on but we need to be kept in the loop better than some ominous "We know there are issues" post, wouldn't you agree? We can patt the devs butt all we want and champion the game, I enjoy it and still play it yes, but there is a certain level of communication we have let slip as a gaming community not to mention standards in product. If we don't start holding developers to something of a standard then pretty soon you'll be paying for a game 3 years before it is even developed yet from a company like Ubisoft or EA.

I never said they had submitted stuff. they are working on a possible patch that seems to be working in the in house testing they are doing right now.

I am not trying to pat anyone's butt. I am trying to give people information, that based on what they are talking about they never bothered to readed the posts with it. I have also read many posts demanding daily and weekly patches to fix so I am now explaining what the patching process is and the possible time frames. (this comes from talking to devs of other games about the whole process and my own research into it in the past)

I very much agree with you on that Enmasse needing to be more proactive in the forums for communication with all of us end users. I know there is a big backlog of tickets and Enmasse is looking for a community manager right now in Seattle. but they doesn't excuse the lack of info posted.
  • DatGeekDatGeek ✭✭✭
    With the constant crashes and freezes.. I really shouldn't have to gamble on if I start a dungeon if the game will decide to just freeze and wipe our group. Where is the update on a patch? Seriously.

They said on their discord server that a patch is supposed to be due next week if everything goes according to plan.
    Sakky wrote: »
    I very much agree with you on that Enmasse needing to be more proactive in the forums for communication with all of us end users. I know there is a big backlog of tickets and Enmasse is looking for a community manager right now in Seattle. but they doesn't excuse the lack of info posted.

If you have questions for them, the best place to ask, or talk to them in general is on their discord server really. I know. It shouldn't be that way, but it sadly is. This forum is just a place for people to post false information about new classes or type in all caps that they are demanding the game to be tailored for them personally as they run around like headless chicken instead of playing the game or any game.

Then again, asking or talking to them on discord will get you faster replies than any forum can provide.
  • DatGeek wrote: »

They said on their discord server that a patch is supposed to be due next week if everything goes according to plan.
    Sakky wrote: »

If you have questions for them, the best place to ask, or talk to them in general is on their discord server really. I know. It shouldn't be that way, but it sadly is. This forum is just a place for people to post false information about new classes or type in all caps that they are demanding the game to be tailored for them personally as they run around like headless chicken instead of playing the game or any game.

Then again, asking or talking to them on discord will get you faster replies than any forum can provide.

If that is true i just have to say one thing, The official forums is SUPPOSED to be the place where the communication takes place xD. It's soo weird that they are the ONLY game company i know that is petty enough to use something like discord to communicate with their base. Thank god i stopped playing tera a week ago xD. I feel WAY less stressed now that i'm onto other things hehe.
  • TTKPPWLJFPTTKPPWLJFP ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I have almost every class over level 30. My highest is 60, 49, 41. I run only dungeons and I’ve never had a crash in a dungeon, and it’s never wiped a group. Might be your system.