[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/17 at 8am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

[Xbox one] Memory issues

Not sure if it's a memory leak or some other kind of issue but the message "insufficient memory, lowering texture resolution" followed by a large amount of lag, frame skipping and probably just an overall loss of FPS is becoming a commonplace and annoying issue with no obvious way to fix it. From what I hear this isn't an issue on the xbox one X, but could be wrong.

Anyone else running into these or other similar issues across your xbox? I'm on and Xbox one S personally speaking. Also, Enmasse. Optimization, top priority. Just saying because the random frame-drops are just way unacceptable, espeically during a boss fight and it isn't even tied to a super-graphic heavy ability, just can freeze while walking. Speaking as a healer, you're getting people killed or almost killed sometimes.

Fix it please. Only major issue I personally run into, aside from a few already-known bugs.

Comments

• xxxkiller33 here on the Xbox one also getting that message and lagging really badly
  • Its normal for a new big mmo game on a console. It's will get fixed in the future.
  • Very annoying for me as well as a priest main, but I'm confident EME will fix it in the future. Just fingers crossed that's sooner rather than later. If the framerate drops continue without a fix and EME implements the open world PvP back into the PvP servers, a LOT of people are going to rage. I'm hoping EME already knows this and plans to fix the lag issues prior to bringing in open world PvP.
  • Memory leak.
    What happens (according to google) is that you start off with all your RAM available, as you play the game it will use RAM to store information and the game is SUPPOSED to free up the memory again when that information is no longer needed.
    When a game has a memory leak, the game never free's up the RAM that was used to store information, so the longer you play, the more RAM is used up with old information the game no longer needs resulting in less and less available memory as your gaming session goes on.
    All you can do is close the game and reboot your console after an hour or two, I play on the X which has 12GB DDR5 RAM and it's not too bad for a while but I always close the game and reboot the console after 1-2 hours play.
  • 6M4XJCG9NA wrote: »
    Its normal for a new big mmo game on a console. It's will get fixed in the future.

this excuse is getting old. ESO came out just fine.
  • Eso had tons of lag at launch on console.
  • FilloryFillory ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I honestly don't know what's worse - the fact that developers pumping out broken games with a mindset along the lines of "Well, we can always just patch it later." has become commonplace or the fact that many people are now okay with it.

Some of you seriously need to increase your standards. There has to be a line and a laggy, crash-ridden mess is definitely crossing it. You can like the game and still be willing to admit that the En Masse has seriously dropped the ball with it.
  • Stop crying about game issues. It's new and it will get fixed/patched more and more every week.
    Game is new on console and will take some time to fix most stuff/things such as lag/freezing.
    Btw, eso and neverwinter were lagging like crazy too at the beginning.

If you hate it some much then stop crying and get a good gaming pc lmao.
  • Fillory wrote: »
    I honestly don't know what's worse - the fact that developers pumping out broken games with a mindset along the lines of "Well, we can always just patch it later." has become commonplace or the fact that many people are now okay with it.

Some of you seriously need to increase your standards. There has to be a line and a laggy, crash-ridden mess is definitely crossing it. You can like the game and still be willing to admit that the En Masse has seriously dropped the ball with it.

That's the problem, the "Well, we can always just patch it later." approach is the standard now days. It is unfortunate that developers think that way. I fear the days of getting a complete and fully working game is over. Welcome to online gaming lol
  • LordreaprLordreapr ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    > @LordDrazik said:
    > That's the problem, the "Well, we can always just patch it later." approach is the standard now days. It is unfortunate that developers think that way. I fear the days of getting a complete and fully working game is over. Welcome to online gaming lol

Well if you play ANY other mmo you would know that ALL mmo begin buggy and that there is actually no such thing as a complete game MMO. They always add and always update. Nothing new
  • Stop crying about game issues. It's new and it will get fixed/patched more and more every week.
    Game is new on console and will take some time to fix most stuff/things such as lag/freezing.
    Btw, eso and neverwinter were lagging like crazy too at the beginning.

If you hate it some much then stop crying and get a good gaming pc lmao.

Not crying? Look at where this is posted. I am doing what the forum is used for.
  • It has been over a year since you posted about this issue....I have original Xbox One and am still having this same problem on Tera :-( EME keeps saying the lag is a problem with my Internet but it isn't
  • ExipheusExipheus Kazura (XB1 NA Lakan ) mod

@Leilag said:
    It has been over a year since you posted about this issue....I have original Xbox One and am still having this same problem on Tera :-( EME keeps saying the lag is a problem with my Internet but it isn't

EME has been pushing BHS for progress on this. It shouldn't require an Xbox One X to enjoy the game the way it's meant to. Progress has been made, albeit not as much as they or us would have hoped. Since this thread was necro'd (it's date of posting and last reply are more than a year old) I'll be closing it. You're free to make a new post regarding this issue if needed and I will also continue to push for this as well ^.^ Thank you for posting!

This discussion has been closed.