[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Patch Notes "Returning Heroes"

124

Comments

  • To anyone who wants to know how this 'returning heroes' work:
    http://support.enmasse.com/tera/returning-hero-rewards

    U can still play the game like normal, the returning heroes are for characters that u have left untouched for over a month.
    I have a lvl 65 healer and dps class i haven't played for months.. I wonder which one I should awaken... decision decision.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    .
    To anyone who wants to know how this 'returning heroes' work:
    http://support.enmasse.com/tera/returning-hero-rewards

    U can still play the game like normal, the returning heroes are for characters that u have left untouched for over a month.
    I have a lvl 65 healer and dps class i haven't played for months.. I wonder which one I should awaken... decision decision.

    The wording can be a bit confusing, but this line is important "a level 58-65 character is eligible if you have not logged in to their server in 30 days or more

    I understand this as, you cannot log into the server the character is in, at all. Not with that character. Not with other characters. Again. This is how I understand it.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    CornishRex wrote: »
    I'd be annoyed if they were giving out actual high tier gear but frost is the minimum that can get you pushed into most of the contet and you still won't have enough ilvl for high tier dungeons. Unlike before where you would need full misery (aka the mid tier gear) to get into VSH for example.

    Actually you could run all the dungeon before this new gear progression in Guile +12. If you know what you need to get besides it of course.

  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    CornishRex wrote: »
    I'd be annoyed if they were giving out actual high tier gear but frost is the minimum that can get you pushed into most of the contet and you still won't have enough ilvl for high tier dungeons. Unlike before where you would need full misery (aka the mid tier gear) to get into VSH for example.

    Actually you could run all the dungeon before this new gear progression in Guile +12. If you know what you need to get besides it of course.

    Oh yeah for sure. I know people that did just fine with a misery weapon and guile everything else in VSH.
  • I understand catch up mechanics are necessary in games, no problem with that. They should just give 1 set of frostmetal to current and returning players though, because a lot of people have returned just within the last few weeks to prepare for the awakening patch and are getting shafted big time. Great set of gear for alt of your choice on current players, and great set of gear for main of your choice on returning players. Win/win.
  • Where even are the patch notes.
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vishmitar wrote: »
    I understand catch up mechanics are necessary in games, no problem with that. They should just give 1 set of frostmetal to current and returning players though, because a lot of people have returned just within the last few weeks to prepare for the awakening patch and are getting shafted big time. Great set of gear for alt of your choice on current players, and great set of gear for main of your choice on returning players. Win/win.

    And then people will gripe that they only got 1 set, when they have 4/5/6/7 whatever chars that they have to awaken. "I just came back last week with my 10 chars from 2014!!! Why do I only get 1 set of Frostmetal??? That's not fair!!!" etc etc.

    FM takes a week of casual play to get. Just suck it up and deal with it.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    MarkHams wrote: »
    be smart, do as I do, never create a second character on the same account
    create an account for each character, so you give a nice slap in the face of EME

    I will win 1 frostmetal set in each character.

    10/10 for micromanaging skills.
  • KaspanovaKaspanova ✭✭✭
    So what did these packs contain? Anyone get one here?
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaspanova wrote: »
    So what did these packs contain? Anyone get one here?

    I highly doubt any new player uses the forums.
  • GelosGelos ✭✭
    DL7MMWLJ3W wrote: »
    Equitas wrote: »
    This is a disgusting move, honestly. Why should we reward people for not playing?
    ???

    EME has rewarded players for afking at Highwatch. Ever heard of that event? No? Exactly.

    If you don't understand, then it's best for people not to know about "that" event that happened way before on Highwatch.

    I absolutely love the sarcasm too bad others didn't get it.
  • Logging in a character that wasnt being logged in for 30 days, grants you a box, with consumables and stuff, and an item that opens a quest.
    If i recall was "something Apex 418" which asked me to kill 10 brutal ovolisks for a grand reward of:

    - 700 gold
    - 7(or something like that) wood scraps
    - 1 complete crystalbind 1 hour

    After that you get another item to open another quest, if you have item level for it (i dont remember exactly the ilvl it required, something like 420+)
    Kill 10 Brutal Orisks and then do Celestial Arena

    The rewards were like the last one.

    After that, the item asked for 428 item level which i didnt have in that character, so i didnt keep up.
    But if the rewards keep going like this, its not even a good help to be really honest.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Lyanni wrote: »
    Logging in a character that wasnt being logged in for 30 days, grants you a box, with consumables and stuff, and an item that opens a quest.
    If i recall was "something Apex 418" which asked me to kill 10 brutal ovolisks for a grand reward of:

    - 700 gold
    - 7(or something like that) wood scraps
    - 1 complete crystalbind 1 hour

    After that you get another item to open another quest, if you have item level for it (i dont remember exactly the ilvl it required, something like 420+)
    Kill 10 Brutal Orisks and then do Celestial Arena

    The rewards were like the last one.

    After that, the item asked for 428 item level which i didnt have in that character, so i didnt keep up.
    But if the rewards keep going like this, its not even a good help to be really honest.

    So you are actually not handed the gear on the box? That would settle things with those seeing it as unfair. From what you described, the box just gives you a clearer path to the required I-level.
Sign In or Register to comment.