[TERA Console] Maintenance to deploy the v86.01 update is scheduled for Monday, September 14 at 7 p.m. PT. Patch notes: http://bit.ly/terac_v86
[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Annoyed Mystic....

Comments

• Y9M5TAEYT5 wrote: »
    I am still pretty low level but I remember from my days on PC that having a team changes everything.
    Been playing solo/duo and for now it's manageable but it is impossible to find people that are actually good or understand the tank/heal stuff.

Not gonna lie, I was pretty hyped about going back to TERA after 5 years. I had a really fun time back in the days on PC with my friends, but now, no one wants to even try it considering Fortnite and other nice games are out.
    The game itself is good but I do not enjoy playing alone and making friends on console is hard, the communication system being way to slow I guess ?

Oh why did you stop playing i been plying this game since it came out. I play other games as well but i always play this game. having a premade team is def the better option on any game period. I am a quiet person but when I do ask to run stuff people are usually already doing something or busy with other stuff I've always been one to do my own thing so for me to make friends or just go up to people and start talking away isn't somehting that is easy for me once i meet people i'm very social just getting there is hard for me. and I do have alot of friends I do play with but they are all on different schedules or not at my lvl or on different servers. I am sure many can relate. It just would be nice to work together in dungeons.
    xXAvnasXx wrote: »
    Shame you're on PS4.

Ya sadly I gave my xbox to a friend :/ I didn't really use my xbox thou.
  • oEASYLIFEooEASYLIFEo ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Kumas wins are 600,000,000 XP as a Vanguard daily at level 64, best thing to do is control the boss and just kite the enemy babies in your spawn and hope your team does enough damage to the enemy boss.
    600m per win is a massive amount of XP but once you have done your daily 8 Vanguard quests the reward for Kumas wins plummets.
    Even if you hate Kumas Royale that 600m XP is a super fast easy way to level to 65, it's how I did it on my Reaper to just farm the level 65 starter quest enchanting/masterworking materials.
  • DvineChaos wrote: »
    Dude... You are a mystic. I'm going to go ahead and point out the obvious. Use ToP if your tank can't hold threat. Its very effective in all dungeons under lv 65.

Easy to say when you right out have a bad party. You can't fix stupid. Don't matter how good a healer you are... you have a bad tank that doesn't know how to use there class and dps that only care about there combos that and either that don't know or just won't to get out of [filtered] not my job as a healer to work alone also the healer shouldn't be getting aggro to begin with. Even if the healer does get aggro and the tank or dps just continue with what they are doing. I as a healer or anyone in any class who come across that should't have to deal with that people need to learn there class play the game it's not all about end game and all people care about is to rush to end game.
    Nemmar wrote: »
    And we should care why?

Honestly, some people have the gall to make a big thread about them leaving like they are someone important.

I don't care! Goodbye!

Yes we have the gall to states the facts of what is going on in the game rn. Don't like it don't comment... Don't need your smart [filtered] reply.
    As far as i'm concerned your the one being all high and mighty with your response. No need for rudeness.
    All I'm trying to point out is people need to ask for help and learn there class instead of speed running through things when they have no clue about the game. they want a fast power lvl not learning the game and it's total ignorance to the ones who do actually enjoy this game.

it is easy to say and do actually. I main a mystic so I've been in teams like that before. A good mystic can 100% carry the team.
  • A good mystic can 100% carry the team.

On 410+ dungeons? Absolutely not.

• NemmarNemmar ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    xXAvnasXx wrote: »
    > @Nemmar said:
    > And we should care why?
    >
    > Honestly, some people have the gall to make a big thread about them leaving like they are someone important.
    >
    > I don't care! Goodbye!

And some ppl have the gall to be an [filtered] just for kicks and giggles, if you don't care about the thread don't post, you are just looking for a fight and your post didn't help in any way.

No, the OP is looking for a fight cause he/she thinks he/she is priveliged and above giving people a chance to learn. He/she was born knowing all about tera. Aka an Elitist J.

So, yes, i don't very much care about crocodile tears. I know... terrible of me. I am quite pleased that he/she is going away(unlikely). We don't need the toxicity.
  • NemmarNemmar ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    DvineChaos wrote: »
    And we should care why?

Honestly, some people have the gall to make a big thread about them leaving like they are someone important.

I don't care! Goodbye!

Yes we have the gall to states the facts of what is going on in the game rn. Don't like it don't comment... Don't need your smart [filtered] reply.
    As far as i'm concerned your the one being all high and mighty with your response. No need for rudeness.
    All I'm trying to point out is people need to ask for help and learn there class instead of speed running through things when they have no clue about the game. they want a fast power lvl not learning the game and it's total ignorance to the ones who do actually enjoy this game.

If you are truly concerned, you should have made a thread about the issue, not a "i'm quitting" thread.

You know, today i healed the worst group on my priest. Tank was made of paper, DPS and tank hardly dodged and kept dying. Eventually they started learning and even though they did little damage we ended up clearing the dungeon. It was hell, but people learned.

I could've come here and QQ'ed about it and say i'm quitting for people to feel very sorry for me, or i could understand that just like we were s**t at Tera at the start, so are they now. They will get better or they won't go far.
    So, just deal with it or get some guildies that are as experienced as you are.
  • Wi2ardWi2ard ✭✭✭
    It seems to me that much of the fault for poor player performance can be laid directly on the game itself. Tera not only teaches bad habits, it reinforces them. In solo play, every class can, and really needs, to be played as DPS. In solo you don't need to practice avoidance, so people don't. You don't need to tank, heal, or support and really don't get the opportunity to if you wanted. You cant effectively use side or back attacks in solo, so people don't even know they should.

Nothing learned in solo play transfers to group play.
  • DatGeekDatGeek ✭✭✭
    Wi2ard wrote: »
    It seems to me that much of the fault for poor player performance can be laid directly on the game itself. Tera not only teaches bad habits, it reinforces them. In solo play, every class can, and really needs, to be played as DPS. In solo you don't need to practice avoidance, so people don't. You don't need to tank, heal, or support and really don't get the opportunity to if you wanted. You cant effectively use side or back attacks in solo, so people don't even know they should.

It has more to do with the way they dumbed down the leveling process compared to early TERA on the PC, which was an actual challenge and a fun one at that. Leveling process was normal and mobs did more damage if you weren't careful, so you had to learn the basics very thouroughly when playing solo.

These days, you can do anything solo more or less outside of end game dungeons without knowing your class, which is why new players won't really learn anything as they progress through the levels. Ding! Learned new skills, click click click done, 10-20 minutes later, Ding! rinse and repeat ( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o)

This in turn has a very negative effect when doing end game content, as peple are left clueles as to what they should do. Not just a negative effect on end game but the whole leveling process, as people do dungeons leveling up, without even bothering to learn their classes, since the content is as easy as it is.

They even dumbed it down to the point where they changed the entire starting area, which was IoD back when the game released on PC, which had players doing quests together and more as they learned the ropes.

During the entire leveling process, there's no incentive for people to learn their classes properly whatsoever, and that is rather strange for a game that is being advertised as being a skill focused game.

Ah well. Until they fix the console version, i will be enjoying my Elin Gunner and my Valk on the PC. (☭ ͜ʖ ☭)
  • DvineChaos wrote: »
    Dude... You are a mystic. I'm going to go ahead and point out the obvious. Use ToP if your tank can't hold threat. Its very effective in all dungeons under lv 65.

Easy to say when you right out have a bad party. You can't fix stupid. Don't matter how good a healer you are... you have a bad tank that doesn't know how to use there class and dps that only care about there combos that and either that don't know or just won't to get out of [filtered] not my job as a healer to work alone also the healer shouldn't be getting aggro to begin with. Even if the healer does get aggro and the tank or dps just continue with what they are doing. I as a healer or anyone in any class who come across that should't have to deal with that people need to learn there class play the game it's not all about end game and all people care about is to rush to end game.
    And we should care why?

I don't care! Goodbye!

it is easy to say and do actually. I main a mystic so I've been in teams like that before. A good mystic can 100% carry the team.

Yes I main a mystic also not my point my point is i shouldnt have to carry and nor will i people should do the job they chose.
  • DatGeek wrote: »
    Wi2ard wrote: »

It has more to do with the way they dumbed down the leveling process compared to early TERA on the PC, which was an actual challenge and a fun one at that. Leveling process was normal and mobs did more damage if you weren't careful, so you had to learn the basics very thouroughly when playing solo.

These days, you can do anything solo more or less outside of end game dungeons without knowing your class, which is why new players won't really learn anything as they progress through the levels. Ding! Learned new skills, click click click done, 10-20 minutes later, Ding! rinse and repeat ( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o)

This in turn has a very negative effect when doing end game content, as peple are left clueles as to what they should do. Not just a negative effect on end game but the whole leveling process, as people do dungeons leveling up, without even bothering to learn their classes, since the content is as easy as it is.

They even dumbed it down to the point where they changed the entire starting area, which was IoD back when the game released on PC, which had players doing quests together and more as they learned the ropes.

During the entire leveling process, there's no incentive for people to learn their classes properly whatsoever, and that is rather strange for a game that is being advertised as being a skill focused game.

Ah well. Until they fix the console version, i will be enjoying my Elin Gunner and my Valk on the PC. (☭ ͜ʖ ☭)

Ty my point exactly
  • I'm not gonna quote because the post will be short compared to this. But as a mystic I've seen them just use their protection pet and mt the boss when everyone is trash.... if feel for ya if u were a priest but as a mystic I don't. I play 3 out of the 4 tanks because male brawler is not out and can say for a fact a mystic can single handedly carry a party. He'll tanking my only problem is their protection pet takes aggro from me as a lancer unless I spam taunt on cd. Sometimes it's not always everyone but the person complaining a good mystic drops orbs all over the place so dps can pick them up w/o causing mass aggro
  • AbednegoAbednego ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I don't think an easy leveling process can be blamed completely for players not learning their class. I think it comes down to each player putting in the effort to learn how the game works and how their class works. I understand it's a learning process and that's fine but if you haven't grasped to at least dodge the red zones, even as a DPS, by the time you're 65, or honestly even before that, then I don't feel you should be doing group content.

I'm not a great player by any means but I think I'm at least decent. I'm experienced with MMO's and so I know how most classes work. I pretty much only do DPS classes but I at least make the effort to learn the class and it's skills and also just how the game works in general, instead of just blowing through levels.

So yeah, I personally think it comes down to the willingness of each individual player to put in at least some effort to learn and play properly. There's plenty of solo content, so if you just want to play casually and not really worry about learning too much about your class and mechanics, just stick to soloing. I don't feel you should touch dungeons/group content unless you put in at least some effort in learning your class and game mechanics.

Sorry for the long post and I wasn't trying to come off as mean. Just giving my opinion :)
  • Y9M5TAEYT5 wrote: »
    Not gonna lie, I was pretty hyped about going back to TERA after 5 years. I had a really fun time back in the days on PC with my friends, but now, no one wants to even try it considering Fortnite and other nice games are out.
    The game itself is good but I do not enjoy playing alone and making friends on console is hard, the communication system being way to slow I guess ?

This is exactly how I feel.
  • DatGeek wrote: »
    Ding! Learned new skills, click click click done, 10-20 minutes later, Ding! rinse and repeat ( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o)

And that here is the real problem which I discussed in a previous thread. You are flung through this game so fast that learning your class is almost impossible for new players and inexperienced MMO'ers.

Levelling in an MMO should be a vehicle to inform players on how their chosen class works. You ding level 8 and are given a few new skills. You are given ample time to learn these skills, what they do and when's best to use them. And by ample time I mean between 30 minutes to an hour, if not more not 3 minutes.

Extremely relevant point DatGeek..
  • > @Norfair said:
    > DatGeek wrote: »
    >
    > Ding! Learned new skills, click click click done, 10-20 minutes later, Ding! rinse and repeat ( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > And that here is the real problem which I discussed in a previous thread. You are flung through this game so fast that learning your class is almost impossible for new players and inexperienced MMO'ers.
    >
    > Levelling in an MMO should be a vehicle to inform players on how their chosen class works. You ding level 8 and are given a few new skills. You are given ample time to learn these skills, what they do and when's best to use them. And by ample time I mean between 30 minutes to an hour, if not more not 3 minutes.
    >
    > Extremely relevant point DatGeek..

I understand this point too but I don't feel a game has to hold your hand for you to learn your class. Like I said in my previous post, it's honestly more up to the player to pay attention to skills and learn how they work.

I don't think it's really hard to do it either, it's just up to the player if they want to. I can see this side of it too though, I just feel it's more the players responsibility.