[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Priest hit by MASSIVE NERF with Godsfall update

Priests, what do you think of the changes to our healing skills?

Focus Heal - 50% heal nerf
Restorative Burst - longer cooldown, heal nerf. 30% i believe
Healing Circle - longer cooldown, 30% heal nerf

I'm pretty upset about this. Yes we got new Apex skills, but I don't think they ease the nerf blow enough. Holy Burst has a fairly long cooldown and wont make up for the loss in healing from other skills. Edict of Judgement is a situational skill, in those very bad moments when everyone is about to die. Healing has become a lot harder and healing in PUG's will be near impossible depending on who you end up with.

This affects other party members as well. DPS will now need to start positioning more effectively. Don't expect to get healed if you're far from other party members, because if things get hairy and you're split up, Priest won't be able to heal everyone fast enough. Thankfully Kaia's Shield should give us some relief as it has always done before but it has a rather long cooldown even if you spam Triple Nemesis.

Comments

• NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't checked, but, does this nerf also applies to non awakened priests? Since I saw the changes, I supposed they were made to make priest a harder (and therefore more entertaining in the eyes of the try hard population) class to play as. But if it applies to all priests, then I suppose the class without awakening would be WAY too weak.
  • MajesticPeterMajesticPeter ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Nopi wrote: »
    Haven't checked, but, does this nerf also applies to non awakened priests? Since I saw the changes, I supposed they were made to make priest a harder (and therefore more entertaining in the eyes of the try hard population) class to play as. But if it applies to all priests, then I suppose the class without awakening would be WAY too weak.

I'm not sure but it would make sense that it affects both awakened and non-awakened Priests, otherwise you could get around the nerf by simply not awakening.
    Edit: I remembered I was in a group with a non-awakened Priest. Yes he was affected.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    so is mean mystic is better than priest for healing ?
  • Nerf healing ammount always be part of this patch. People were so excited for new skills that forgot read the patch notes.

Next patch will be even worse, more harder dugens to make priest and mystic suffer like never before.

The positive side finally people will be a little bit careful with mechanics.
  • Mystics also got hit in the healing. I now heal only 30-50k instead of 120-150k ><
  • I spam regeneration circle with holy burst, followed with the new mana charge. Usually thats enough to fill all my party's HP.
    When i need to burst heal, either immersion or healing circle and its gg ez.
    i dont even touch focus heal anymore...
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how are starter end game dungeons affected? This is where people usually start learning the ropes and face tank everything, and it's where a good deal of healing may be needed. BUT, this is also where non apex starting healers will be sent as well.
  • EllexemEllexem ✭✭✭
    Yes, the nerfs apply to every priest. They also apply to all levels. You also have actual chains on your heals now, that both affect animations as well as healing power. (Like Healing Circle being a chain from Focus Heal, Backstep and Fiery Escape, upon which it heals for more.)

If you chain it, Healing Circle gets boosted by 25%, as well as casting faster.
    Regeneration Circle was also buffed, not that it seems to matter to people.

The Mystic heal nerfs are also universal.

Anyway, Priest numbers Pre- and Post-Patch, from the tooltips.

Focus Heal
    I: 695 -> 347
    II: 992 -> 496
    III: 1258 -> 629
    IV: 1542 -> 771
    V: 1821 -> 910
    VI: 2066 -> 1033
    VII: 2250 -> 1125
    VIII: 2360 -> 1180
    IX: 2438 -> 1219

Healing Circle
    -- Increase healing by 25% and casting speed by 20% if used after Focus Heal, Backstep, or Fiery Escape.
    I: 2379 -> 2141
    II: 2693 -> 2423
    III: 3141 -> 2826
    IV: 3512 -> 3160
    V: 3773 -> 3395
    VI: 3908 -> 3517
    VII: 3981 -> 3582 (Adds Devoted Favor for Apex)

Restorative Burst:
    I: 575 -> 575
    II: 588 -> 588

Healing Immersion:
    I: 3543 -> 2834
    II: 3937 -> 3149

Regeneration Circle:
    I: 88 -> 123
    II: 111 -> 155
    III: 136 -> 190
    IV: 161 -> 225
    V: 182 -> 255
    VI: 198 -> 277
    VII: 208 -> 291
    VIII: 214 -> 300
    IX: 220 -> 308 (Adds Devoted Favor for Apex)
  • MajesticPeterMajesticPeter ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Ellexem wrote: »

Thanks for the details.

Yeah I saw the healing skill chains added as well but some feel awkward to use. Backstep and then casting Healing Circle is something I've been doing lately myself. In tight situations, I'll annoy everyone by pulling them with Mass Intervention followed by Healing Circle and Kaia's if it's out of cooldown. Healing Circle is actually still powerful even without the 25% healing increase (on top of the nerf), but sadly we can no longer use it as frequently as before.
  • Well although this does suck, this is something that BHS (albeit incredibly lazily in typical BHS fashion) has actually had a stance on for a long time.

That stance being that they don't like it when healers are capable of healing close to or over max HP in a single heal skill without any other real input. The first time they made this apparent I'm pretty sure was during the transition from Manaya's Core to Wonderholme, where they effectively nerfed healers by removing several healing rolls from gear, including the healing received stat roll on several gear pieces, and drastically began to increase max HP.

There was a huge outrage at the time because it drastically reduced the effective healing output of healers at the time. It was also followed up in patches thereafter all the way until the early 65 cap I'm pretty sure with continued removal of certain healing stat lines and whatnot.

After that healers got some buffs here and there, ending up with healers going over BHS' completely arbitrary maximum they want healers to be able to heal for, so boom, healing nerf.

This is just typical BHS being really indecisive with whether they want healing to be easy, while making multi-tasking with cleanses/debuffs/mechanics/etc to be the skillful part, or if they want to make healing equally skill based while maybe changing some other stuff... At some point...
  • My only issue this patch is being unable to mana charge in FWC. I could live w/o the other skills but mana is needeeeeeed ;0;
  • BonbonnieBonbonnie ✭✭✭
    Back to duo healers for dungeons, I guess.
  • > @Bonbonnie said:
    > Back to duo healers for dungeons, I guess.

Personally I wouldn’t mind if they made more dgs where they do need both heals again I like teamwork :shrug:
  • Bonbonnie wrote: »
    Back to duo healers for dungeons, I guess.

Ehh, I heal just fine solo though. As long as people actually know not to face tank.
  • ZenjionZenjion ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    That stance being that they don't like it when healers are capable of healing close to or over max HP in a single heal skill without any other real input.

Lol