Priest hit by MASSIVE NERF with Godsfall update

Comments

• Zenjion wrote: »
    That stance being that they don't like it when healers are capable of healing close to or over max HP in a single heal skill without any other real input.

Four words: fortified thrall of life. No spoilers but if you have or know a mystic tell them to only cast fortified thrall of life when your nearly dead.

isnt that common sense?

• isnt that common sense?

What? that it heals a lot? I was just saying that cause the other guy said they don't like it when healers can full heal with little effort
  • LagIncarnateLagIncarnate ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Zenjion wrote: »
    What? that it heals a lot? I was just saying that cause the other guy said they don't like it when healers can full heal with little effort

I suppose I should've been more specific. It was less the case of easy to use max HP heals, not in the sense that they want heals to take 423 button presses, but that they want it to have some sort of drawback the stronger the heal is.
    Something like ToL with augmentation healing max HP is reasonable because of the rather large mana cost and its pretty hefty cooldown. It's not so acceptable on skills that have negligible cooldowns and can be practically spammed every few seconds yet still heal for close to or over max HP at times.

I don't particularly agree with BHS's way of doing these changes, but I can see where they're coming from in a developer standpoint. There's no so much reason to use higher healing skills that have really long cooldowns if your short cooldown ones do the same job, unless you're in a situation where everyone is face-tanking 50k/s.
  • Yea that makes sense. Problem is the basic heals got nerfed so hard its literally better to use anything else. I mean for patching people up i just use warding totem these days. 8-13k every 2 seconds for 10 on the entire party vs 40k on a targeted heal...
  • Zenjion wrote: »
    Yea that makes sense. Problem is the basic heals got nerfed so hard its literally better to use anything else. I mean for patching people up i just use warding totem these days. 8-13k every 2 seconds for 10 on the entire party vs 40k on a targeted heal...

I use all my heals while still keeping volley of curses stacked, thrall buffs up, an occasional Corruption Ring and my mote explosions.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea that makes sense. Problem is the basic heals got nerfed so hard its literally better to use anything else. I mean for patching people up i just use warding totem these days. 8-13k every 2 seconds for 10 on the entire party vs 40k on a targeted heal...

I use all my heals while still keeping volley of curses stacked, thrall buffs up, an occasional Corruption Ring and my mote explosions.

You are basically playing a classical song on a piano then?
  • Nopi wrote: »

You are basically playing a classical song on a piano then?

Sure feels like it.
  • in my case I use the priest as my spearhead, main character, now that the nerf is no longer so much damage, although the priest is used for healing skills, I am one of the few who do it with combat style and healing at the same time ... and they took away another skill ...

those who say they are compensated with the apex, gods ... first the apex is used every 3 minutes plus for a limited time, they are basic or constant or constant attacks that you need constantly ... they are only special abilities that you use them inside of a time and nothing more ... within that time they already killed you like 30 times ... simple ...

and with the skills of healing ... well, better not talk more about the subject was the only class that removed several things and it is the second time ...

For me this patch is crap because it affects me personally, I do not know the others who use the priests ...
  • PartyblastPartyblast ✭✭✭✭
    Priests, what do you think of the changes to our healing skills?

Focus Heal - 50% heal nerf
    Restorative Burst - longer cooldown, heal nerf. 30% i believe
    Healing Circle - longer cooldown, 30% heal nerf

I'm pretty upset about this. Yes we got new Apex skills, but I don't think they ease the nerf blow enough. Holy Burst has a fairly long cooldown and wont make up for the loss in healing from other skills. Edict of Judgement is a situational skill, in those very bad moments when everyone is about to die. Healing has become a lot harder and healing in PUG's will be near impossible depending on who you end up with.

This affects other party members as well. DPS will now need to start positioning more effectively. Don't expect to get healed if you're far from other party members, because if things get hairy and you're split up, Priest won't be able to heal everyone fast enough. Thankfully Kaia's Shield should give us some relief as it has always done before but it has a rather long cooldown even if you spam Triple Nemesis.

Restorative Burst wasn't touched, the cooldown is the same and the heal is the same as before awakening although nerfed from before the skill leveling revamp.

Honestly the only thing that sucks is the Immersion nerf, Regeneration circle heals more per tick now and you can keep it up 100% along with it's 5% damage reduction. Before this patch I relied on my HoT from regen/resto/balders, now it's even easier to do so. Mana charge now also heals but you're using that to buff, shocking implosion heals during Judgement and it's easily spammable along with Holy Burst during it.

Healing is a bit harder I guess if you're just learning the awakening skills or were used to spamming lock-ons, which was bad practice in the first place. Give it more time for you to get used to it, and give it more time for people to stop being bad while DPSing (although we all know people will still facetank things they shouldn't so eh, I wouldn't wait for this).
  • Hello Community Here from BHS we are proud to announce lots Awakening update with lots of new skills for your favorite classes uh except for a few of you, you guys can go [filtered] yourself. oh and ps we also nerf the hell out of you so yea... New skills though right...right....... Win, Lose you decide. Cheers from BHS
  • Healing's a bit rougher without the awakening skills, 'cause keep in mind you still need to clear two tiers of gear before you can even learn them. It's fine in guild groups but with PUGs that are used to facetanking everything, the rage is palpable every time they tank the ground.
  • The buffs far outweigh the nerfs.

Healing immersion is as powerful as ever. Your Mana charge now heals as well and gives lots of dps buffs, so you should be using that off cooldown. You have a mystic esque attack/heal/buff still that you should also be using off cooldown. When the boss enrages, you can pop the awakened dps buff skill (forget the name) and now your attacks also heal your party while regening their Mana. At this point your target heal isn't even really necessary.

I would say that priest wasn't nerfed at all. If anything this is a MASSIVE buff.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    flarecde wrote: »
    Healing's a bit rougher without the awakening skills, 'cause keep in mind you still need to clear two tiers of gear before you can even learn them. It's fine in guild groups but with PUGs that are used to facetanking everything, the rage is palpable every time they tank the ground.

I want to know more about this. Have you been to starter dungeon parties with non apex healers? Are people dying now in these dungeons? or are they still considered easy even for a full newbie?
  • ElessedilElessedil United States ✭✭
    it's a win. Takes a little time to incorporate the new skills but its a major buff...and dps wise openworld <3. imagine being top dps in guardian missions against sc dps classes.(not top contribution, top DPS)
  • flarecdeflarecde ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Nopi wrote: »
    I want to know more about this. Have you been to starter dungeon parties with non apex healers? Are people dying now in these dungeons? or are they still considered easy even for a full newbie?
    I am a non-apex healer. I wouldn't consider myself a full newbie, I've done all the earlier dungeons a lot as DPS (gunner and berserker), I only started playing my priest after the patch. Twistshard +0 gear. I've done both T1 and T2 dungeons. With my guild it's not terrible, but occasionally people die, especially if they're spread out and face tanking mechanics. PUGs can be a real horror show though, due to the significantly reduced coordination and communication.

I like the significantly reduced dependency on focus heal, previously the priest was boring. But I feel that without the awakened skills, I'm missing some tools. I can only imagine for a true fresh 65 it's even rougher. DPS are going to have to learn how to play a bit more conservatively in the easier dungeons, but try explaining that to a full SC +9 vet who's used to facerolling everything and view earlier dungeons only as quick money and not a training experience for less skilled players.