Godsfall appreciation thread

2»

Comments

• The thing that gets me so far since I've only done priest as of this post is how so loaded some of the skills are. I mean, the Mana charge had lost its usefulness in the last few patches, but now it gives Mana, health, power, and crit power on a relatively low cooldown. I'm not complaining as a priest, but that's a ton of functionality all loaded in a simple skill
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing that gets me so far since I've only done priest as of this post is how so loaded some of the skills are. I mean, the Mana charge had lost its usefulness in the last few patches, but now it gives Mana, health, power, and crit power on a relatively low cooldown. I'm not complaining as a priest, but that's a ton of functionality all loaded in a simple skill

In 3 weeks when the other dungeons come you're going to understand why you have that buff.
  • That questline made me feel like I'm doing storyquests back when that stuff was a challenge. Very nice.
    I've yet to try out my priest skills in a party, but I guess some refitting the skillbar is in order.
    On that note, since priest skills are now ranged, does that mean I should use spiteful instead of bitter for my damage setup?
    Remember when priests had all their buffs on a bunch of different skills? I kinda miss that.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad for all of you. I personally won't be playing nor experiencing this. I pretty much "quit" the game so to speak. But it's always great that the game can get updates like this that people at the higher tier of the player base can like. Speaks good about the devs.
  • I only mass teleport to get my party closer to the boss faster when we are running at it. Or when people arent paying attention to the invisibird in RG. So irritating when they get hit by it and [filtered] at me, so i dodge for them >.<
  • This update really is one of the best things they've done in a long time. The only downside is it's only half the classes so far, but it makes me extremely hopeful for how they change the other classes in the future.

The best part is I couldn't care less about how it affected the DPS, but so far I've done Warrior, Mystic, Priest, and Zerk apex and they have all been made WAY MORE FUN to play. And not even just because of the apex skills, but their whole kit has become way more enjoyable. Warriors actually feel totally fluid, Mystic have thralls that are actually impactful (and exploding motes are hilarious), Priests become more than just an auto click heal bots, and Zerks kit is more than just spam TS the class.

Hats off BHS, you finally did really well this time.
  • Minor addiction here but:

AURAS ACTUALLY STAY ACTIVE WHEN INSTANCE MATCHING NOW, ITS SO NICE.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have mixed feelings on it. For some reason I'd hoped that after putting extra emphasis on onslaught, they'd fix the issue where lancers desync when using it. But they didn't. So that sucks if your ping's over 60 and fluctuates a bit. The core skills themselves are wonderful, don't get me wrong; this just seems like something that should have been fixed ages ago, and now would have been the critical moment to do it. That critique aside, lancer's awakening is about as close as you can get to doing a class awakening correctly. The overall class didn't change too much, and the things that were added go along with the theme of a protective shield-wearing class. I love it. I just wish parts of it weren't so busted.

Now, regarding the other awakenings. I have a zerk, a mystic, and a priest, so I'll be talking a bit about those. If you like them, that's great! Good for you, I'm legit happy for ya. But as someone who made healer alts specifically for when I was tired of the minmaxing and the competitive nature of DPSing, I can't say I'm excited about changes that incentivize even more DPSing on my healer. And as someone who made a zerk because I liked the slower charge up playstyle, I can't say I was hyped for the fast paced changes that came with awakening; if I'd wanted that, I would've made a warrior or something. Those, in my opinion, are examples of how *not* to "awaken" a class, because you're pulling a complete 180 on the job's initial play-style and screwing the people who were happy as it was. Again, that's not to dump all over people who like these changes, I'm happy for y'all and I'm just resigning myself to playing only my lancer at this point, which sucks because everyone and their mum is bandwagoning the class hard right now.

Anyway haha happy awakening! o/
  • xheraxhera ✭✭
    Nikitesla wrote: »
    Great for you all. Sucks for the classs left behind with no apex update insight. Yesterday was just another material grinding day for us second class classes!

I am not even mad with the changes on my gunner. I am happy with it. My rotation is more fluid than ever(i don't want to explain much because not everyone don't plays gunner and ppl who plays gunner will know what i meant).Better rotation better dps = happiness =) . I did some dungeons yesterday and saw non awakened classes out dps awakened classes with the same gear and buff. It does not matter much if you are awakened or not(for me) if you are doing decent dps/buff/debuff. If you are shut, you will always be shut(unless you try to fail then improve). I can guess that you are a dps class and i am not sure why you are not satisfied by your dps. I don't mean to offend you. I just wan't to make a point.

This patch is awesome. My eyes were sparkling when i saw the new awakened skills. The new color/ flavor in the game taste so good. <3
    P.S i don't cry about class balance because bhs wont hear me crying. But what if i send bhs a vid me crying about class balance? Will they do the balancing? hmmm
  • voidy wrote: »
    I have mixed feelings on it. For some reason I'd hoped that after putting extra emphasis on onslaught, they'd fix the issue where lancers desync when using it. But they didn't. So that sucks if your ping's over 60 and fluctuates a bit. The core skills themselves are wonderful, don't get me wrong; this just seems like something that should have been fixed ages ago, and now would have been the critical moment to do it. That critique aside, lancer's awakening is about as close as you can get to doing a class awakening correctly. The overall class didn't change too much, and the things that were added go along with the theme of a protective shield-wearing class. I love it. I just wish parts of it weren't so busted.

Now, regarding the other awakenings. I have a zerk, a mystic, and a priest, so I'll be talking a bit about those. If you like them, that's great! Good for you, I'm legit happy for ya. But as someone who made healer alts specifically for when I was tired of the minmaxing and the competitive nature of DPSing, I can't say I'm excited about changes that incentivize even more DPSing on my healer. And as someone who made a zerk because I liked the slower charge up playstyle, I can't say I was hyped for the fast paced changes that came with awakening; if I'd wanted that, I would've made a warrior or something. Those, in my opinion, are examples of how *not* to "awaken" a class, because you're pulling a complete 180 on the job's initial play-style and screwing the people who were happy as it was. Again, that's not to dump all over people who like these changes, I'm happy for y'all and I'm just resigning myself to playing only my lancer at this point, which sucks because everyone and their mum is bandwagoning the class hard right now.

Anyway haha happy awakening! o/

While your entitled to your opinion on how you prefer the class to function, Berserker's haven't had a slow playstyle in years. While they do use charging skills that take time to get off, your entire build has glyphs that completely speed up the charging process making it a much faster paced playstyle, adding onto the fact that your animation cancelling to get your charge attacks off faster and supplementing their speeds with Ogcd's (raze, overwhelm) If you aren't doing consistent heavy stream of damage, you're playing berserker wrong. They have a lot going for them right now, since they aren't the old 2 button rotation anymore, especially with the lethal strike change. I personallly think their awakening fits them perfectly and further improves upon the berserker immersion as far as gameplay goes.
  • NikiteslaNikitesla ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    > @xhera said:
    > Nikitesla wrote: »
    >
    > Great for you all. Sucks for the classs left behind with no apex update insight. Yesterday was just another material grinding day for us second class classes!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I am not even mad with the changes on my gunner. I am happy with it. My rotation is more fluid than ever(i don't want to explain much because not everyone don't plays gunner and ppl who plays gunner will know what i meant).Better rotation better dps = happiness =) . I did some dungeons yesterday and saw non awakened classes out dps awakened classes with the same gear and buff. It does not matter much if you are awakened or not(for me) if you are doing decent dps/buff/debuff. If you are shut, you will always be shut(unless you try to fail then improve). I can guess that you are a dps class and i am not sure why you are not satisfied by your dps. I don't mean to offend you. I just wan't to make a point.
    >
    > This patch is awesome. My eyes were sparkling when i saw the new awakened skills. The new color/ flavor in the game taste so good. <3
    > P.S i don't cry about class balance because bhs wont hear me crying. But what if i send bhs a vid me crying about class balance? Will they do the balancing? hmmm

I did say I experienced a big DPS increase on my gunner, and I appreciate the “balancing” buffs given to the classes left behind. However nice that is, it doesn’t make up for not getting to experience new content or new skills and animations.

How long will our classes remain second class classes? A year, 18 months, two years, or never updated?

I am not a programmer and don’t work in the gamming industry but don’t believe it would have been that much more of an organizational strain to awaken all classes at once. That was the right thing to do for the Tera player base.
  • Love it. The healing is actually fun again, no more "One heal to full hp and afk" now you actually have to be involved again,

(I know debuffs and all that, but it was still boring af and slightly braindead to be a healer)

I like the questline, although it's a little repetative, the actual story and the depth are cool.

As for the actual apex skills, they are a little overkill for some of the current content, they are still cool and I hope to see some future content that puts them into play a bit more.