[PC] We will be entering into maintenance on 9/17 at 6am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 5 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

Game Suggestions : Please Add These

a thing that rotates all dungeons by weekly. Allow people to vote on the sever for 1 dungeon to be picked by players :D

Also add cross sever LFG. (Though enmasse can"t do this one by them selves.)

Please do a port of tera console overhaul (Controls of it) allowing people to choice from it. not the Game it self just the controls from it.

Finally "Have open flow commutation" and maybe a beta sever allows people to test on but start them with there alts on that sever so they can test endgame content or give them a "Basic endgame layout you think people should have running a dungeon. instead of beta testing it at release and hotfixing it later" I know they tried that back in 2016 or was it 2017 with the wonderhelm sever. problem was people had to reach endgame in 1 week. from level 1... to exp the new content. If they cant get people to level 65 with proper armour set not just give people level 60 scroll? and 3 sets of gear? one for leveling for 60-65 one for 4 star dungeons and 5star after you clear the 4 star.

This is a biggie for me. Please fix Tera xD (Hire someone to do it ask for the source code for tera and pay someone to optimize net code and such) <--- not going to happen but someone can dream :D

Comments

• Cross server LFG would be a really good thing. It would be the answer to the dead servers right now. I don't think it will ever be implemented though, simply because KTera has atleast a whole page full of lfgs most of the times.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please add these would be more appropriate! non-native grammur noozi out now!

To the dungeon rotation: frankly sounds awesome. Like, every week we vote for a temporary dungeon to come back for a while, if this is what you mean, would be very interesting. Yeah... that would require some rework on the game's code and EME's admin tools as well, but sounds doable. SOUNDS doable at least.

Cross server LFG is indeed a nice proposition which seems to be in the works since who knows when, no idea if it's really on the works or not or how far, but eh, at least this one has a nice chance, as if I'm not wrong it has been recognized already.

Console controls as an OPTION sounds good, as you said, let people chose. That's 2 interfaces, OK, but don't see it as insane amounts of work. Tho, as we know, BHS... If it involves work but not lootboxes....

Wonderholme was a different server, it was a cloud computing test to see how TERA would work on a remote server configuration, if I recall correctly it was Microsoft's cloud computing service. We didn't need to level much there, any dumb troll Kumas Royale run gave us like 10 levels at once, there was all kinds of troll stuff like spikes popping from the ground in Velika (and one shotting fresh characters huehue), people would reach 65 in minutes and get end-game gear from ~10 dungeon runs and that's it, even costumes rained from the sky with no other reason than "Have fun testing this server".
    The concept of testing a server before deciding would be completely new tho, frankly I can't see them applying this, sounds like way too much staff work (unless BHS revamps the administrator/publisher tools entirely), and I don't know how to draw a line on how long, how often and such you could do this.

Optimizing TERA at this point is an utopia honestly, and I don't imagine anyone who wouldn't want it but also can see many who can imagine/see it not being feasible. As you said, hiring some programmers to do this (money), getting the source code (original devs. long out of BHS, if they even have all source code intact, specially after so many updates), and well, you are realistic in the sense it's a dream, but yeah, one can dream of course...
  • LagIncarnateLagIncarnate ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    First of all, these idea's all sound pretty fun but at the same time we probably wont see anything interesting or even remotely hand-on from EME on PC for a while simply because almost all their developers seem to be dedicated to console.

A dungeon rotation sounds fun, but I don't think allowing players to vote is a great idea because everyone's just going to vote for the easiest dungeon. It would be nice if each week of the month progressively got harder instead. First week is a T1 dungeon. Second is a T2, so on and so forth. It would mean more players doing more varied difficulty content, and it would help out any new players that are on a specific tier.

Cross-server LFG has been something that's been given a lot of "We'll look into it"'s and "It's in the works." but at the same time, still doesn't exist so... It doesn't seem like cross-server LFG would be all that difficult to create given that BHS unintentionally proved in multiple ways there's minimal limitations on cross-server interaction aside from the obvious, it's just not something they feel like doing I suppose.

Having console controller UI as an option would be nice, I personally don't play with a controller but I know a lot of people have expressed their requests for having the console UI as opposed to our current one for controller.

Problem with having a beta server is that it takes effort to set up, and KTera already does beta servers every now and then for big stuff to test them, while EME has QA member(s?) to test stuff, although I've literally only ever heard of Singlebear from the QA team. I can't remember a single instance of EME ever releasing a public test for anything that was actually related to upcoming content.
    I'd assume BHS just doesn't think that having beta servers for testing new content is worth the time when that content has already been in Korea for 6 odd months.

As for optimisation, I'm glad you mentioned knowing it wont ever happen because otherwise I would take them for the ravings of a madman. BHS has pretty much openly stated they don't intend to ever design a better game that's more optimised because they don't want to. It would take more effort than they're willing to make a proper, optimised game, so they wont do it.
  • DWDE6GFGWH wrote: »
    Cross server LFG would be a really good thing. It would be the answer to the dead servers right now. I don't think it will ever be implemented though, simply because KTera has atleast a whole page full of lfgs most of the times.

Ktera also only has two servers, that being the better fix for dead servers
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nyanta1177 wrote: »
    DWDE6GFGWH wrote: »
    Cross server LFG would be a really good thing. It would be the answer to the dead servers right now. I don't think it will ever be implemented though, simply because KTera has atleast a whole page full of lfgs most of the times.

It's funny how we get pretty much everything ktera gets whether we want it or not, until it comes to things the community actually wants like the buffs from talents (not even necessarily the talent system, but just the buffs) or consolidated servers or stability. :dizzy:
  • Hiya Mauna~
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 - BHS has stated they don't want to remove dungeons anymore, they want to continually add them. Your idea is the opposite of what they want. I also don't think they'd do that much work to change a dungeon every week. Tons of old dungeons would have to have massive adjustments, and BHS has shown they want to add new mechs each time (BP new mechs, RMHM new mechs etc.)

2 - BHS said they are looking into cross server LFG.

3 - I don't think your really want the console controller set up, and secondly I don't think they can port it, as it was built from the ground up. From what I also hear you can't remap keys, and they have one less hot bar.

4 - LOL? There's a CM position open. You can see the hiring page. Not sure what a test server really accomplishes, but sure whatever, not opposed to it. EU does some interesting things and the WH test server was decently fun for a short time. "Give players a basic endgame layout" ? They already do? They hand you crystals at every level. They give a set of gear that you can pick the rolls every single time (and its the same for almost every single class.) I don't think it's difficult to do a little bit of homework about what rolls you should wear. It's not hard to just ask global or inspect a +9 player.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    voidy wrote: »
    Nyanta1177 wrote: »
    DWDE6GFGWH wrote: »

It's funny how we get pretty much everything ktera gets whether we want it or not, until it comes to things the community actually wants like the buffs from talents (not even necessarily the talent system, but just the buffs) or consolidated servers or stability. :dizzy:

tho... Does K-TERA actually has the stability? I know they don't have the ping issues cause, well, it's a very tiny piece of land compared to what we deal with in NA, but server stability I do not know of.

Reminder our servers manage to struggle with our limited population in every new bigger patch with new dungeons. The new dungeon servers always goes to it's knees and freezes like mad, and brings the stuff that not necessarily even is popular at that moment with it, like when VS came out, I tried doing it and regretted on 1st day and on many occasions we just stuck there frozen for a minute, meanwhile something like Iron also got screwed up, presumably cause same server hardware is shared with it.

The 2 servers approach sounds like an epic idea in theory, but when we count the fact that even AV managed to go down to it's knees once we had a flash event with Spacecats last year (tho granted that was literally a "let's explode the server" event), I can't imagine what would happen when we consolidate everything into only 2.