[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

My PVE Characters were put on a PVP Server

I left this game for a good long while - I had some pressing real life issues which demanded more of my time, and the constant wallet-grabs here made this an easy choice to cut. When I eventually came back to see how things had progressed, I found that a few things had changed:

1. My characters had all been migrated to some new PVP65 server. I prefer PVE / role play, but that's just me. No worries, there must be a way back, right?
2. While I did not ask for the above, apparently migrating back to the PVE / Role Playing server I knew and loved requires shedding a ton of inventory items. Which I did, one painstaking error message at a time, because they couldn't just provide a simple fscking list of "this is what is blocking your migration" to let you shed it in one go, no.... you gotta solve a whole Dan Brown puzzle to figure out what items won't migrate...
3. Oh, and P.S., once you shed all your inventory, surprise: it's not FREE to move between servers if YOU want to, only if THEY want you to. Got a few thousand EMP per character to spend? If not, enjoy your PVP, and we sure hope you didn't just trash a buttload of valuables, KTHXBYE!

I am suddenly reminded why it was so easy to leave this game in the first place. I don't think I will make this mistake again.

Comments

• edited April 2018
    For what it's worth... at the time they did this migration, a few years ago now, they tried to send an email to everyone to let them know it was happening and what they could do to migrate their characters for free. I assume that, for whatever reason, you never got that email. By now, you unfortunately missed that opportunity.

Also, there is a list of items that can block the transfer here:
    http://support.enmasse.com/tera/server-transfer-known-issues#SomeItems

And last but not least, you will find that open world PvP is almost entirely dead now. It's only even possible at level 65, and even then only in areas that aren't safe zones (and almost everywhere is a safe zone). So the odds of you running into any PvP are excessively low, unless you go out and seek it. When this was a "hot topic" a few years ago, I created a whole bunch of characters on the PvP servers (even before they were PvP65) just to see if I ever once encountered any PvP during normal gameplay, and I honestly never did. With PvP65, it's even less likely now. So anyway, I think you can probably safely just continue playing on the server you're on and you won't have any trouble related to PvP. This game is extremely PvE-centric on the whole.
  • Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly the pvp65 servers might as well be labelled pve since other than VO there is literally no pvp anymore.
  • > @Elinu1 said:
    > Honestly the pvp65 servers might as well be labelled pve since other than VO there is literally no pvp anymore.

*cries in yaoi*
  • RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    LOL I dont get why people are sooo upset about what server they are in. If it transfers me to a popular and populated server be it PVP or PVE I dont care much.

I just want some kind of excitement back in the game thats all.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    thotpoizn wrote: »
    I left this game for a good long while - I had some pressing real life issues which demanded more of my time, and the constant wallet-grabs here made this an easy choice to cut. When I eventually came back to see how things had progressed, I found that a few things had changed:

1. My characters had all been migrated to some new PVP65 server. I prefer PVE / role play, but that's just me. No worries, there must be a way back, right?
    2. While I did not ask for the above, apparently migrating back to the PVE / Role Playing server I knew and loved requires shedding a ton of inventory items. Which I did, one painstaking error message at a time, because they couldn't just provide a simple fscking list of "this is what is blocking your migration" to let you shed it in one go, no.... you gotta solve a whole Dan Brown puzzle to figure out what items won't migrate...
    3. Oh, and P.S., once you shed all your inventory, surprise: it's not FREE to move between servers if YOU want to, only if THEY want you to. Got a few thousand EMP per character to spend? If not, enjoy your PVP, and we sure hope you didn't just trash a buttload of valuables, KTHXBYE!

I am suddenly reminded why it was so easy to leave this game in the first place. I don't think I will make this mistake again.

Send in a support ticket. They might be able to restore your items if they care enough. I gather you would not have wiped out your items had you known the expense.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Christin wrote: »
    thotpoizn wrote: »

Send in a support ticket. They might be able to restore your items if they care enough. I gather you would not have wiped out your items had you known the expense.

may I also add that if he/she/whatevertheheck was out for many years and didn't even know of the server transfers, the vast majority of non costume items are unusable/useless anyway at this point. Literally all you need to keep is costumes and sell pretty much everything else. I'm really having trouble to imagine what item kept a value and usefulness after so long, to the point of not knowing of the merges.
  • I returned a year ago to find the same mess. In the last year I have never seen a single player with a pvp flag (outlaw declaration) turned on. Wpvp does not exist on FF.
  • Ves1978Ves1978 ✭✭✭✭
    level of salt: infinite :D
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I returned a year ago to find the same mess. In the last year I have never seen a single player with a pvp flag (outlaw declaration) turned on. Wpvp does not exist on FF.

Tbh basically that unless you make it yourself.

And from my own experience, I turned on outlaw intentionally to find pvp only to realise there is no one to PK, let alone people to fair fight with.

PS: While I'd admit EME felt more greedy in the recent year, it is still nothing compared to actual pay to win games.