[TERA Console] Maintenance to deploy the v86.01 update is scheduled for Monday, September 14 at 7 p.m. PT. Patch notes: http://bit.ly/terac_v86
[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

How much cost in gold frosmetal 0 to stormcry +0

Hi, i was wondering if will be more cheap to buy a ambush or deathwrath +15 weapon for 300k of gold and dismantle in to stormcry +2?
cause i am seeing the enchantement rate is epic low and get the item experience are eternal.

I tried to bruteforce my twistshard +9 shoes in to frosmetal +0 with low experience xp 57% odds and fail six times in a row wasting almost 10k gold for nothing. Yeah i know you can recover that in one day.

Frosmetal says 60% odds with item xp and 500 gold and 3 emerald just for +1. Seems epic expensive for each step,with these failure rates. And the 80k item xp sound eternal.

So better buy the weapon for 300k or will be more cheap try +0 frost to +0 stormcry.?

Comments

• Ves1978Ves1978 ✭✭✭✭
    buy dw, cause imo it will be probably cheaper than enchanting and way less stress cause of fails
  • > @Ves1978 said:
    > buy dw, cause imo it will be probably cheaper than enchanting and way less stress cause of fails

You're right sounds less expensive, and a very wise decision. The bad enchantement rates discourages people to keep playing.
  • SoyKupoSoyKupo ✭✭✭
    It cost me with enough item xp before it ran out around +5 about 315k to get from +0 frost to +0 storm.
  • > @SoyKupo said:
    > It cost me with enough item xp before it ran out around +5 about 315k to get from +0 frost to +0 storm.

And the weapon that you can dismantle in to stormcry +2 cost almost the same in gold ammount.
    Good to know the price , thanks for the information.
  • I once did the maths on how much it'd cost to upgrade each stage of Frostmetal. Here goes:

+1 6057
    +2 6217
    +3 6296
    +4 6591
    +5 7071
    +6 8200
    +7 9409
    +8 11206
    +9 12910
    Upgrade - 12664
    Total - 73,957

This was made with the golden daric prices from my server (AV) at the time, so while it might not be ENTIRELY accurate, it's still a pretty good estimate. Thing is, with capped iExp, you'll start at around 50% chance per piece, so you have to account for at least a few failures; some people don't get any, some fail 6 times on the same piece, it's all pure RNG, so it's impossible to be certain. But the chances of it actually costing over 300k would be abysmally low, you'd need to fail quite a lot (very unlikely) on the most expensive steps.

Buying the SC+2 is usually only worth it if you're trying to skip it all the way up there from Guardian. If you're already on Frost, I wouldn't bother, unless you have millions in cash and don't really have anything to spend it on. But keep in mind the real costs come when upgrading the actual Stormcry and your acessories/brooch/getting a dragon/etching IVs, etc. Everything up to that point is basically a demo of how much you'll be suffering :P
  • It cost me only time..
    And I actually end up with a bit more money from frost+0 to SC+0..
    I did spend time to play dungeons, Guardian mission
    and events tho...
    You get a lot of gold and material from dungeon, a lot of gem from guardian mission..
    It takes longer but it's OK for me cause I also learned how to dps along the way..
    I think it's just how you want to play the game
  • Step 1: Bookmark this link https://essentialmana.com/gear-revamp-guide/
    Step 2: Do the math
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    ANMTNPA66F wrote: »
    Step 1: Bookmark this link https://essentialmana.com/gear-revamp-guide/
    Step 2: Do the math

Has that been updated with the new prices and mat requirements? If not, then those charts aren't going to be but so helpful.
  • You think frost to SC is expensive, time consuming, and frustrating try enchanting SC. Eight tries to go SC +1 to SC +2 on cannon. Now painfully at SC +5 and two tries to get to +6 which have for all practical purposes bankrupted me. SC enchant tries are low percentage and costly. But SC+5 to +6 really ups the price in materials; diamonds instead of emeralds for example. Be another two weeks before i can try again. Between grinding mats just to have a low percentage chance of upgrading and being a left behind class with the awakening it’s time to look at other games where all classes are awakened and the upgrade system is less painfull.
  • Every tip made me think that will be more cheap sell my golden darics and silver siglo get 300k for them buy a weapon and get my storm +2 xd i also were thinking on buy a recipe for a deathwrack weapon craft the weapon cost 280.000 metamorphs. And enchant to +15 and who knows how much tier 12 and alka in metamorphs will be ammount.

These metod will be free but guess you might need another 500.000 or more metamorph for + 15 deathwrack and dismantle to storm 2. May takes 6 or more months.

Will be cool if a person knows how much tier 12 and alka you need to +15 a deathwrack weapon
  • LynxzerLynxzer ✭✭✭
    Gatokatzen wrote: »
    Every tip made me think that will be more cheap sell my golden darics and silver siglo get 300k for them buy a weapon and get my storm +2 xd i also were thinking on buy a recipe for a deathwrack weapon craft the weapon cost 280.000 metamorphs. And enchant to +15 and who knows how much tier 12 and alka in metamorphs will be ammount.

These metod will be free but guess you might need another 500.000 or more metamorph for + 15 deathwrack and dismantle to storm 2. May takes 6 or more months.

Will be cool if a person knows how much tier 12 and alka you need to +15 a deathwrack weapon

I've crafted 3 DW weapons.. the first one took me 615k metamorphic tokens in total from crafting up to +15ing it. The second one took me like 750k and the third one tooke me more than 850k because i stop counting after that.. might be even 900k.. really unlucky...

Its all rng.
  • The crafting way sounds wise, and epic cheap if only spend 1milllion methamorphs Uy xd thanks or the data . Via metamorphs sound better way to stormcry , Than via frosmetal.

well i have the 280k metamorphs but no one sells on my server a warrior weapon design.
  • Sounds like you're just trying to back up a decision you already made :P it's not a good decision seeing as you're already in Frost though. You'll likely spend over double the money if you buy the weapon, and skip a very important part of the process of learning your class; having a SC+2 doesn't mean you'll get big numbers if you haven't mastered every aspect of it. I've seen twistshards outdamaging stormcries in similar situations.
  • Just out of curosity since there aren’t DPS meters etc in Tera (other than seeing the damage your character is doing on your screen) how do you assess that another player’s dps is low? Sometimes if a boss takes a longer time than is usual I assume it is a low dps issue but assign it to the group as a whole and not a specific player.
  • > @MissAndrica said:
    > Sounds like you're just trying to back up a decision you already made :P it's not a good decision seeing as you're already in Frost though. You'll likely spend over double the money if you buy the weapon, and skip a very important part of the process of learning your class; having a SC+2 doesn't mean you'll get big numbers if you haven't mastered every aspect of it. I've seen twistshards outdamaging stormcries in similar situations.

I just wanna know the best ways to stormcry starting to frost +0. I am not epic rich in gold, but love to increase my damage to get more guardian legion boxes. And run dugens faster, i've seen that an storm players can crush normal and mid tier dugens epic faster.

While a party with full guardian just in ravenous dugen takes ages to complete is to sad.