[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

any news on the upcoming new 3rd company costumes?

Comments

• MeningitisMeningitis ✭✭✭✭
    tumblr_p7h229im2O1uvm6wmo4_540.png
    Note: Yes I'm aware this image is heavily modded but I've seen the outfit on unmodded elin models saying "new costume" or whatever. This is the first example I could find. From what I've seen in the past, people like this show off new costumes way before they're announced in NA. If anybody recognizes it as a 3rd party thing let me know.
  • @Meningitis whoa the face and hair looks like its from blade and soul.
  • MeningitisMeningitis ✭✭✭✭
    @Meningitis whoa the face and hair looks like its from blade and soul.
    That's because it probably is. What I'm talking about is the dress, not the hair/face. That picture was the first picture of the costume I could find.
  • Soo I guess this officially died and were not getting any news on it. Thanks for the let down. :)
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a costume I won't be adding to my wardrobe. But maybe I will if there is more to it than what we see.
  • I was told that something bad would happen if I discussed this topic early...
    Stuff is coming, but more details To Be Announced.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was told that something bad would happen if I discussed this topic early...

More stuff is good news. Perhaps throw a bone and release something that doesn't involve "premium" rng box stuff? At least once to see how it goes?
  • Aprils almost over xD but if the costumes are those pictures above im not interested x3c
  • I was told that something bad would happen if I discussed this topic early...

i hope it at leasts announces by this Thursday or the following Tuesday. isn't TERA anni sometime around beginning of May which is literally next week? i remember the stream saying the outfits coming out sometime around next TERA's anniversary.
  • Nopi wrote: »
    Yeah. This is far from a Tera specific issue though. Seen a few companies having similar issue where their data suggests that such efforts are best deployed only in Asia. The overall markets are simply different. For example, it's one of the reasons why so many Japanese PS Vita games never leave Japan, despite being games that seemed like they could succeed elsewhere. Yet companies see them as a risky move.
    Am familiar with this having dealt with this in Japan. Part of it is copyright related... voice acting and music for example (how royalties are dealt with in Japan, how JASRAC [the Japanese equivalent of ASCAP] deals with licensing which is still to this day, a PITA, and how there aren't a lot of provisions for dealing with how this works outside of Japan). Another big one is how image rights are dealt with (which tends to be very specific and again, because of language/cultural differences, many companies end up not wanting to have to deal with working out the licensing legalities outside of the country which adds to the costs).

There used to be an old school dungeon crawler franchise back in the 80's called Wizardry (developed by Sir-Tech in the US). Over the course of time via several ownership changes, the franchise and brand were acquired by a Japanese company and that franchise had a cult following there with a bunch of titles created for Windows and PS3 as well as the Wizardry Online MMO by Gamepot (which eventually ended up being published by Sony Online Entertainment in Japan and the for a very short time in North America before being subsequently shuttered in 2014). The original development team for the PC and PS3 titles (Team Muramasa) were very resistant to making those titles available outside of Japan even though there are a lot of old-school Wizardry fans like myself worldwide (part of it due to the company not being being structured to handle non-Japanese support as well as not wanting to deal with all of the above mentioned licensing issues).

It's all a lot more complex than this and also going way off topic....
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    snipcats
    It's also all related to money. Copyrights = money. Also not everyone in Japan is cool with seeing Westerners enjoying their beloved media, and in Japan's video game and entertainment industry, the voice of the people has a very heavy weight, and their emotions towards a decision in such matters could have a fair impact in their local sales.

Anyway. Derailing as well, so I'll shut up. <.<
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    Announcement coming in April!
    I was told that something bad would happen if I discussed this topic early...

thinking 30th Apr announcement then 1st May maintenance we get .....................
  • DXMDXM ✭✭
    Announcement coming in April!
    Well, April has passed.
  • still waiting..

JPeF2AD.png