[TERA PC] Summersilk season is here! Pick up Summersilk Robes in the TERA store until August 3. Plus, earn a free Summersilk Robe in our leveling event: https://bit.ly/TERA_summersilk
[TERA Console] To celebrate the launch of the Awakening update, participate in the Awakening Leveling Event! Details: https://bit.ly/awkn_events
[TERA Console] Server maintenance to deploy the v84.03 hotfix is scheduled for 7~11 p.m. PT on Monday, July 13, 2020. This hotfix should improve upon issues with frequent crashes and blue screens. Patch notes: https://bit.ly/v84_03_patch

Apex Quest Frustration

Comments

• ElessedilElessedil United States ✭✭
    easy money as priest...this guy pretty much explained.
    Ponilover wrote: »
    learn to dps as a mystic/priest
    get some focused/savage/spiteful or bitter/pounding niveots (or cruxes if you're cheap af)
    put some dps glyphs
    utilize iframes to get behind the bosses
    finally get a second set of dps rolls on your weapon, those will come in handy for IoD/guardian mission/pit of smallpox as well
    if you're trully committed to dps as a healer, get a second set of dps jewelry and glove rolls, and carving vyrsks

long story short - learn your class and git gud

• with priest is easy ..
  • HaloistHaloist ✭✭✭
    Lel I was on another thread similar to this, and all I have to say is to bring potions and/or glyph skills for healing for dps/tank classes, and learn to change to dps setups if you're a healer.

Not sure what your class is since you didn't mention, but with ilvl 439 the hardest class to clear this questline is with a zerk (cuz charged skills without tank + no backstab + only 1 stun = front hits galore; also the lack of heals during Unleash). The rest of the classes have it much easier and I don't see a valid reason for complaining about the quest being too hard if you are not even skilled enough to begin with. Sure, I got pissed af when I died and had to restart the instanced quest due to chain knockdowns cuz I was too stingy to use a pot at 50% hp, but who can I blame? It's my own fault for not using the available resources

If I were to use an analogy, I would say the Apex questline is like an exam to test whether you know the game's mechanics well enough to be eligible for your class's awakening.

Anyway, it's up to you to decide whether you wanna get good or not. I'm just leaving my advice here so that if you choose to do so, you would have an easier time. Have a good day.
  • If wanna practice the only hard part of the quest, the blue dragons level 67, blue dragon cousin lives near to highwatch. In a quarry.
  • I did on 3 classes until now Brawler esiest - Lancer easy - Priest easy - all chars on FM. The class wich took me more time was Lancer because was my fault (no potions in inventory) had to restart Elenea from beginning. The last part BAM's and Black Dragon was the esiest part of the quest line because you can use the new skills received on previous phase.
  • I did both healers, priest took longer (about an hr) only due to my stupidity and forgot to switch to a dps setup. Mystic went quick due to her being in +4 SC and having the right setup on lol. If you are having trouble on the bam part, ask someone to help, whether its a guildmate or a friend.
  • Took me two hours to complete the quest line, due to the server crash that day.
    After i got back on it was pretty easy, hardest part is the very first dragon cause that sucker got a lucky crit that one shot me >.< the salt was real.
  • People are seriously struggling with this? As someone that's completed it on slayer and most recently zerker, no it's not hard. You just need to know your class.

I've literally been playing zerker at max level for about 2 weeks and I cleared it in around a hour.

A small tip for zerker on the last fight: Bring Rejuvenation potions and reg hp pots, pop the rejuvs before you unleash and start using your unleash abilities.

You wont run the risk of dying when you pop out of unleash since it heals you for 75% of your hp over 15 seconds while inside unleash and by the time you exit your unleashed state you will be able to use your other hp pots to top yourself off. Its honestly not that hard, even for zerkers.
  • I'll admit I like that it's not a faceroll quest. It's good. So many people forgot that Tera used to be hard, and griped how easy BAMs are now, and suddenly an actual hard quest, and people cry? Think of it as an accomplishment.

This.
    Remember the times when kill a simple level 20 Basilisk was a major task, even hard for a solo player :p

I have a Question about this quest... With what gear you will be able to do it? And... What happen if u die (I plan to die a lot, specially con my 350ms ping zerker)
  • I'll admit I like that it's not a faceroll quest. It's good. So many people forgot that Tera used to be hard, and griped how easy BAMs are now, and suddenly an actual hard quest, and people cry? Think of it as an accomplishment.

This.
    Remember the times when kill a simple level 20 Basilisk was a major task, even hard for a solo player :p

I have a Question about this quest... With what gear you will be able to do it? And... What happen if u die (I plan to die a lot, specially con my 350ms ping zerker)

I just did it a few days ago on my fresh i439 Warrior. I leveled that character to 65 and upgraded her straight up to Frost to start the quest as soon as I got there, so as you can imagine, I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. No idea at all how the class worked, just kinda smashed buttons.

The main part you have to worry about dying is the Elenea arc when you're crossing the desert. If you die at any point, you'll go back to the start, and you'll have to start all the quests there over again, which really sucks. I died a couple times on my Warrior cause I didn't think potions would be necessary, but after the frustration from the deaths I just went back to town and bought like 20 health pots which lasted me all the way through the end.

It was a little difficult, but mainly because I had no mastery over my own class. If you know how to play, you should be able to clear it easily as a fresh i439. Do bring a few pots though, just in case.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soooo, as an old veteran who had fought the old guild world boss dracoloth near the pyramids after Elenea solo (because there was a quest for that >.<) as a level 58 zerker with green and blue gear and no knowledge of crystals and when they were the weakest class ever, I shouldn't have much problem with this?
  • Right. Just bring a few potions just in case, some areas are rather long and there's no other way to heal on the way.
  • So many people keep saying they died cause they had no health potions. Now, I don't dungeon or group party, but I always have health potions. Just kinda mind boggling, cause if you even do Ghilliglade, you get them for free.
  • So many people keep saying they died cause they had no health potions. Now, I don't dungeon or group party, but I always have health potions. Just kinda mind boggling, cause if you even do Ghilliglade, you get them for free.

haha yes i never go anywhere without healing potions. Not even the low tier BAMS of IoD
  • Just have to mention that while I agree it's not outright difficult or super hard to do, it's definitely far from being fun. I've done it on 6 classes in varying gear so far and I can say while the new skills are fun, the quest definitely isn't.

Just the fact that they picked the older Dracoloth types to use made it unnecessarily annoying. Old Dracoloths like that haven't been used in content in ages because they're a horrible experience to fight. They fly or jump into the air constantly which makes the fights way longer, and especially when their landing animations deal significant damage.

So, not hard outside a few classes as long as you bring HP pots, but definitely one of the least enjoyable questing experiences I've ever seen in Tera.