[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Too Many Tanks

Is everyone rolling Tanks now? (Like me)

I initially thought the long queues at 65 were do to a lack of tanks but now I'm thinking its a lack of DPS.

As I'm leveling my lancer, who is currently lv 56, nearly every dungeon I join has at least 2 tanks but usually 3. Brawlers mostly. Is anyone else seeing this?

Comments

• BobbyDigi wrote: »
    I’m a 417 brawler, I have never had another tank in my group to date. I have had some warriors but I consider warrior dps. I hear a lot of people talking about this happening but I have yet to experience it. And for the record almost every time I hit the non optimal party formation to decrease que time.

Same here (lower dungeons).
  • 13igTyme13igTyme ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    It's just the [filtered] tanks that think brawler is a dps. Nevermind that my archer alt steals agro after every shot and I'm only level 58.
  • BobbyDigi wrote: »
    I’m a 417 brawler, I have never had another tank in my group to date. I have had some warriors but I consider warrior dps. I hear a lot of people talking about this happening but I have yet to experience it. And for the record almost every time I hit the non optimal party formation to decrease que time.

You can't have more than 1 tank in lv 65 dungeons if you queue through matchmaking. It only gives you the option in lower lv dungeons.
  • I have 65 sorc and lancer. Queueing to 410ilvl dungeons takes several times onger with a sorc. It's almost instant with a lancer while I wait for 15-20 minutes on sorc for queue to pop up.
  • The amount of tanks falls off at 65. Healers are the same way.
  • I to always say yes to quicken the queue, only had one nigtmarish group with Lilith, no tank and ToP got murderd even fully glyphed, suffice to say we didn't get past first boss. My second run had Brawler for tank and we cleared it after Lilith kiled me and the tank repeatedly due to inexperienced tank, I consitantly heal for 70k + and with nostrum + Battle solution i rarely run out of mp, my heal is also glyphed for extra targets and extra range, my gear still needs stat rerolls but t least most have 5%+ boost to healing and working on rolling cooldown reductions.
  • simitsimit ✭✭
    I've had problems in matchmaking with no tanks lvling on p4
  • DatGeekDatGeek ✭✭✭
    It's because of all the people rolling Brawlers, thinking they're rolling a DPS class.
  • simitsimit ✭✭
    Yesterday was pretty funny lvling on p4, went nigh every dungeon without a tank then got x3 brawler an a lancer for necro tomb an yip i got the aggro everytime i healed so i just popped T.O.P
  • DatGeekDatGeek ✭✭✭
    simit wrote: »
    Yesterday was pretty funny lvling on p4, went nigh every dungeon without a tank then got x3 brawler an a lancer for necro tomb an yip i got the aggro everytime i healed so i just popped T.O.P

As i said, they roll brawlers thinking they're rolling a DPS class and ignore the fact that they need to glyph for threat and add a threatening crystal to their weapon. Doesn't matter what other people say, because if they manage to hold aggro without threat glyphs/crystals, the DPS they run with sucks, plain and simple.

In every single dungeon i've been in on my sorc, i've had to tank because of these 'tanks' without threat glyphs/crystals. Even had a Lancer who used DPS crystals and had put no thought into activating their threat glyphs.

Then again, it's the console version we're talking about here. Console players in general, toxicity aside, tend to never research anything when they play an mmorpg on the console because they expect the game to be all about them as they throw any thought of team work out the window because they play Battlefield/Fortnite/PUBG/CoD and have accumulated a lot of experience in how to play like a douche and thus believe any other online game should be played the same. ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • simitsimit ✭✭
    Yeah its a shame tbh, i only really miss my pc for a good strategy game an swtor an wow if im honest but i mind playing The Division when incursion first came out (sort of like a raid) an like any new content like that i expected to go in an die alot learning the mechanics, just like we all did in wow when new raids launched, but yeah 4 wipes later an a bunch of arguing with the usual console mentality of everyone else is to blame an the grp disbanded, i had to laugh an tbh Tera going, if no went, same way if no worse at max lvl so now i dont even matchmake at 65 it no worth the headache.

Hopefully a few month down the road it changes if im no bored by then
  • I realized on stepstone aisle that brawlers were tanks

Because you can attack and defend which is why you glow orange after blocking for a few seconds because itll count as a block while you still finiah that current move

Pretty cool in my opinion.
  • oEASYLIFEooEASYLIFEo ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    People may also be rolling Brawlers for PvP.
    Human racial is strong for PvP (Human/Aman) as are Brawlers and at 65 you can feed them gear via other characters if you don't want to tank end game.
    I've thought about doing a Brawler for extra dalies and PvP, I could full Guile it instantly at 65 with all the intercede tokens I have saved up (over 3000 of em) if I wanted to.
    There's also another reason, they can SOLO the likes of Lilith (console footage below):

• TLXTLX ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Maybe you should play more your berserker or mystic cus warriors are a s h i t dps blablabla you are a lancer and you do not use block more blablablabla. Grow up.
  • Well, especially at endgame (410+417) people looking for skilled tanks.

I main a lancer, I am fairly skilled and i get constantly invites to guilds/runs, so don't you worry! :)