[TERA Console] Maintenance to deploy the v86.01 update is scheduled for Monday, September 14 at 7 p.m. PT. Patch notes: http://bit.ly/terac_v86
[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Server Login Fixed!

I have just noticed that the server login issue has been fixed! No more rando server logins, and my server appears at the top list with my amount of characters! SWOON ENMASSE! SWOOOOON!

Comments

• I didn't notice that when I logged in yesterday, here's hoping for tonight!
  • K5AK4XLME5 wrote: »
    I didn't notice that when I logged in yesterday, here's hoping for tonight!

I am beyond happy! Still a long way to go for the game, but this minor issue has me swooning for enmasse!
  • Still not working correctly it should default to last server played on not the most chars.
  • I have just noticed that the server login issue has been fixed! No more rando server logins, and my server appears at the top list with my amount of characters! SWOON ENMASSE! SWOOOOON!

Unfortunately, the issue has not yet been resolved for all players (I can personally attest to that).
  • I have just noticed that the server login issue has been fixed! No more rando server logins, and my server appears at the top list with my amount of characters! SWOON ENMASSE! SWOOOOON!

Unfortunately, the issue has not yet been resolved for all players (I can personally attest to that).

Oh man! I am on xboxone, it is showing my character count on the server and basilisk is at the top of the list!

Oh man! I am on xboxone, it is showing my character count on the server and basilisk is at the top of the list!

Like I said, I'm happy that it's "working" for you. Yes, it shows my player count per server, but, the issue I was trying to address, and the issue that most people are concerned with, is the auto-logging.

This is a known issue and my sole intentions were to try to alleviate the problem that may occur if other people, as I have, infer from what you said that the issue with auto-logging is resolved. It was a mere point of reference from my perspective.
  • simitsimit ✭✭
    Every mmo i've ever played auto logs you in, this one just did it to the wrong server lol
  • edited April 2018
    simit wrote: »
    Every mmo i've ever played auto logs you in, this one just did it to the wrong server lol

hmm...

All I was saying is that the issue is with the auto-logging...it seemed quite obvious to me that if the game is logging you in without your permission, as in logging into a server without prior indication that you were authorizing such a decision, that that would be a concern. If part of you're intention is to rationalize the idea that the game "should" auto-log you into a server without your indication then consider this point...the issue is that if I have multiple char's on different servers, how will the game know which char on which server I'd like to play? It is an unnecessary hassle to have to be auto-logged then to have to re-log in order to play on any char of my choosing.

I say all that to say this, the issue, currently, is with auto-log in general...the idea of getting auto-logged onto the "wrong" char or server doesn't make sense to me. So, I choose to frame my argument as I have above. Whether you agree or not is cool with me, but, explaining yourself better would've helped me out and possibly others as well.
  • I also thought it was fixed as the server that houses my characters was moved to top of list and now displays character count next to it.

It also auto-logged me into the correct server two days in a row.

Then today it logged me in to the wrong server. So no, it's not fixed. It was just blind luck.
  • There should be a "Preferred Server" option in the settings; that would fix all of this random auto log in. And since there isn't a whole bunch of servers it won't be a problem for players to find their server.
  • It is rather frustrating having to back out to the server list when the game gets it wrong. But it's not a priority for me, the lag spikes and performance should take preference.
  • Might be fixed for you but it still does it to me.
  • Where is everyone getting the idea they fixed this. It was only updated to show your main server and character they never officially said they fixed it yet so stop assuming when you see something new. BUT from my personal experience. It’s been logging me into the correct server much more often then less. Something has been done so far. At least it’s progress.
  • Today I've been playing, and half the time it auto selects the only server I have chars on, the other half it stops at server selection, but won't let me select anything. :(:(:(
    beyond annoying
  • I have noticed that mine stops at the server select screen during high traffic times and following fast console / application restarts.

My personal speculation is that it may be along the lines of other games after disconnect, where it sometimes gives the "your character is already logged in elsewhere" messages for a few minutes, just minus a physical message saying so. It may be recognizing our Gamertags or PSNs as "still logged in" and stopping things at the server thinking it is trying to double-log or something.

At any rate, I commend EME for sneaking in a few quality of life fixes and not flaunting about doing so. An MMO of this caliber is rarely attempted on console, and I believe the issues they are seeing have not been seen through their PC game along with other XB1 or PS4 games, making this a "trial by fire" situation for the devs. Them showboating "Oh hey y'all, we are proud to announce we have fixed X, Y, and Z" would be a bit irrational without us, the player base, weighing on the servers and coding after any attempted fixes.

I am just taking solace lately in the fact we are seeing our player base grow, our servers becoming more stable not less stable as time progresses, and EME striving to keep our community growing.

Keep the faith brothers and sisters!!