[PC] We are aware of issues surrounding the event EP booster, and are working to resolve this. Currently, we are working towards having this fixed on Tuesday, 02/25 in a hotfix maintenance. We will have further details as we approach this fix. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Lancer Skill Bar Set-up?

Does anyone have a lancer bar set up they prefer using that's a bit more comfortable or do you use the set up/placement that you start with? (Screen shots are appreciated :) )
«13

Comments

  • I use this setup
    unknown.png
  • Kiciuk wrote: »
    I use this setup
    unknown.png

    Don't do it like this.

    You absolutely want the 3rd skill bar at endgame.
    That means you can't use L2 as block anymore.

    I post mine as soon as possible.

    But i think the best way for you is to just try out what works for you.
    I worked on my skillbar for around 10 hours until I was truly satisfied, made alot of changes etc.

  • Some explaination please.
    I have every single skill i need on bar, only spring isnt there as its chained from debilitate
  • KNE96RGXT5KNE96RGXT5 ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Kiciuk wrote: »
    Some explaination please.
    I have every single skill i need on bar, only spring isnt there as its chained from debilitate

    Sure.

    First of all, you want all your skills set on the bar. It greatly increases your versatility.
    Retaliate, anyone? :D
    Shield counter ?????
    Menacing wave?

    Where are your potions?

    Spring chained from debilitate?
    Spring should be chained from shield barrage.

    Didn't take too close of a look at all of your skills, but just with the above mentioned, you will already need a 3 skill bar.

    Hopefully this helps.




  • ZalmZalm ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    > @Kiciuk said:
    > Some explaination please.
    > I have every single skill i need on bar, only spring isnt there as its chained from debilitate

    Take this into consideration. Skills that are in the middle of a chain, or then end, have their uses without being chained to. You always need to ask these questions when setting up a skill bar.

    1. Does the skill have some functionality that I need quickly, with 1-2 button presses?

    2. Does the skill start a useful chain?

    2a. Is the chain useful more because the skill in total work well, or there is one skill mid chain that I can use easily without the rest of the chain?

    2b. Would it improve functionality to use that useful skill on it own?

    3. Am I more comfortable with left trigger/L2 than left bumper/L1?

    4. Is there enough room for all my commands, skills, items, etc on the current hotbars?

    5. Am I comfortable with the way the skills are set up?

    I for one, used R1/right bumper for blocking on my zerker, and got used to it, so I swapped the skills to be similar on my lancer. I felt heals were good on X/square as my priest, so I kept boomerang on my mystic in my priest, while both use rez as dpad Down. Keeping controls similar across all chars makes things alot easier when switching back and forth. Consider these things when doing skill bars.
  • AnasteeleAnasteele ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    This is my skillbar Setup:


  • Well... i basically grabbed the block button and put it on R1. Shield barrage is on L1+R2 and the leach on L2+R2. Got the AoE leach on L2+R1.

    So, not huge changes. I know theres more skills coming with the awakenings, so might aswell get used to 3 bars on every class now, so you don't have to change later.
  • KNE96RGXT5 wrote: »
    Kiciuk wrote: »
    Some explaination please.
    I have every single skill i need on bar, only spring isnt there as its chained from debilitate
    Sure.

    First of all, you want all your skills set on the bar. It greatly increases your versatility.
    Retaliate, anyone? :D
    Shield counter ?????
    Menacing wave?

    Where are your potions?
    Spring chained from debilitate?
    Spring should be chained from shield barrage.


    Didn't take too close of a look at all of your skills, but just with the above mentioned, you will already need a 3 skill bar.

    Hopefully this helps.

    Let's gooo.
    Retaliate - xDDDDDDD
    In PvE you get it instantly after KD (X) and there is no reason to waste space
    Shieldcounter- it prompt right after block is applied.(X)
    Menacing wave- xDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

    >Spring chained from debilitate?
    >Spring should be chained from shield barrage.

    With high quality EmE servers casting shield barrage mostly is pointless at it takes too much time cast it alone(sometimes even if you press it twice its execute like you are pressing it second time after 1 or 2s), still i can chain it from Shield barrage which sits at R1
  • KNE96RGXT5KNE96RGXT5 ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Kiciuk wrote: »
    KNE96RGXT5 wrote: »
    Kiciuk wrote: »
    Some explaination please.
    I have every single skill i need on bar, only spring isnt there as its chained from debilitate
    Sure.

    First of all, you want all your skills set on the bar. It greatly increases your versatility.
    Retaliate, anyone? :D
    Shield counter ?????
    Menacing wave?

    Where are your potions?
    Spring chained from debilitate?
    Spring should be chained from shield barrage.


    Didn't take too close of a look at all of your skills, but just with the above mentioned, you will already need a 3 skill bar.

    Hopefully this helps.

    Let's gooo.
    Retaliate - xDDDDDDD
    In PvE you get it instantly after KD (X) and there is no reason to waste space
    Shieldcounter- it prompt right after block is applied.(X)
    Menacing wave- xDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

    >Spring chained from debilitate?
    >Spring should be chained from shield barrage.

    With high quality EmE servers casting shield barrage mostly is pointless at it takes too much time cast it alone(sometimes even if you press it twice its execute like you are pressing it second time after 1 or 2s), still i can chain it from Shield barrage which sits at R1

    Alright, nothing to discuss with learn resistant people. :)
    Believe me, you will never be a top tank with this mindset.

    But hey, each to their own.
    You asked for explanation.

    Still funny that you didn't mention the potions tho, not of use for such a skilled player isn't it? :D
  • KiciukKiciuk ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    KNE96RGXT5 wrote: »

    Believe me, you will never be a top tank with this mindset.

    Still funny that you didn't mention the potions tho, not of use for such a skilled player isn't it? :D

    1) What "top" means for you?
    2) Besides MP one i have no idea why you should use HP if you have healer.(yes yes rootbeer i know about it)
  • Gotcha! Thank you guys. I'll have to start fiddling around with the three bar set up. It'll take me a while to get used to but if I'm gonna need it later on anyways I should get used to it haha. Also (noob question I know) but what do you mean potion wise? I just have hp and mp slotted. Is there something more beneficial?
  • Forgive me but I can't remember the names of the skills sooooo

    Directional buttons- buffs
    Square- the double shield attack
    Triangle-debilitate
    Circle-dodge
    R1-block
    R2-basic
    R3-overshield. Kinda like an oh sht button

    L1+
    R1-shield stun
    R2-the charge skill that can chain from the shield attack.

    Lancer is pretty basic. You can put the rest of your skills wherever you want.
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Lorly2 wrote: »
    Gotcha! Thank you guys. I'll have to start fiddling around with the three bar set up. It'll take me a while to get used to but if I'm gonna need it later on anyways I should get used to it haha. Also (noob question I know) but what do you mean potion wise? I just have hp and mp slotted. Is there something more beneficial?

    They're talking about Hp/MP potions (You might want spots for the potion that heals 50% at once and Rejuv pots that heal 5% every second if you have those) along with Perhaps Bravery potions (can probably go on Radial wheel).... BATTLE SOLUTIONS (mandatory stuff that you need to use everytime you die in dungeon)...Maybe you'll want a CCB in an easily accessible point (Radial wheel works fine)...Brooch spot should be easily accessible as well when you hit 65 and get brooches with active effects

    If you're going to Min/max, you'll also want a spot for Lein's Root bear (Attack speed boosting consumable)
  • Vinyltails wrote: »
    Lorly2 wrote: »
    Gotcha! Thank you guys. I'll have to start fiddling around with the three bar set up. It'll take me a while to get used to but if I'm gonna need it later on anyways I should get used to it haha. Also (noob question I know) but what do you mean potion wise? I just have hp and mp slotted. Is there something more beneficial?

    They're talking about Hp/MP potions (You might want spots for the potion that heals 50% at once and Rejuv pots that heal 5% every second if you have those) along with Perhaps Bravery potions (can probably go on Radial wheel).... BATTLE SOLUTIONS (mandatory stuff that you need to use everytime you die in dungeon)...Maybe you'll want a CCB in an easily accessible point (Radial wheel works fine)...Brooch spot should be easily accessible as well when you hit 65 and get brooches with active effects

    If you're going to Min/max, you'll also want a spot for Lein's Root bear (Attack speed boosting consumable)


    Ah okay I ended up setting my bars up similar to the set up Anasteele shared :) I keep the gold hp/mp potions on my bar at all times and then put battle solution and the attack one elite one on my fly wheel for when I'm doing solo stuff. I'll have to look into getting the attack speed boosting one :)

    >>Also forgive my ignorance but I hit level 65 last week and am currently sitting at ilvl 410 should I have gotten a brooch with an active effect already? I may not have noticed it? (I'm going to look now)
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    Lorly2 wrote: »
    Vinyltails wrote: »
    Lorly2 wrote: »
    Gotcha! Thank you guys. I'll have to start fiddling around with the three bar set up. It'll take me a while to get used to but if I'm gonna need it later on anyways I should get used to it haha. Also (noob question I know) but what do you mean potion wise? I just have hp and mp slotted. Is there something more beneficial?

    They're talking about Hp/MP potions (You might want spots for the potion that heals 50% at once and Rejuv pots that heal 5% every second if you have those) along with Perhaps Bravery potions (can probably go on Radial wheel).... BATTLE SOLUTIONS (mandatory stuff that you need to use everytime you die in dungeon)...Maybe you'll want a CCB in an easily accessible point (Radial wheel works fine)...Brooch spot should be easily accessible as well when you hit 65 and get brooches with active effects

    If you're going to Min/max, you'll also want a spot for Lein's Root bear (Attack speed boosting consumable)


    >>Also forgive my ignorance but I hit level 65 last week and am currently sitting at ilvl 410 should I have gotten a brooch with an active effect already? I may not have noticed it? (I'm going to look now)

    I believe Mid tier dungeons (410) should drop "Simple Brooch boxes" which give brooches with active effects.

    Upgrades for these are crafted by Weapon/Armoursmiths
Sign In or Register to comment.