[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Dear Fellow Lancers - Use Debilitate

Please use Debilitate and maintain 3 stacks on bosses. Every single pub run me and my guildies do with lancer tanks they never include it in their rotations and it baffles me.

We are lancers. The omega tank of Tera. We have a MASSIVE DPS boosting arsenal of skills for our party, while maintaining the ability to deal pretty solid counter damage and never lose threat. Use your arsenals. It's a huge increase for your DPS and you can legit keep it up 24/7.

Please keep debilitate up. Trust me, when you have 3 stacks of debilitate, enrage the boss, and pop Adrenaline and Shout, your party will be chatting on their mics saying "WTF why am I critting like 3x normal???" and you can sit back and go 'Because I'm a pro lancer scrub, and because this one random forum ranter named Newbshank told me about a simple skill change"

Comments

• TLXTLX ✭✭
    Dear fellow warriors and mystics,do not use the aggro skill after when i use the mine and sthap using the thrall of protection, it make the party a mess. Trust me,i make the party safe if you leave me to do my work,i do not need advices of other players, i know how to use my class. Some people needs time to kearn but please,somethings are logical and do not need feedback from random people.

Att. A lancer player.
  • Lancer is one of the most hardest classes to play, give people time. Also i add do not play lancer if your ping is high. Cause you will lose aggro and damage. Also ping made you even more slow, no hope tanking in hard dugens.
  • ObsObs ✭✭✭
    Gatokatzen wrote: »
    Lancer is one of the most hardest classes to play, give people time. Also i add do not play lancer if your ping is high. Cause you will lose aggro and damage. Also ping made you even more slow, no hope tanking in hard dugens.

Pressing 1 button 3 times is not hard. It's more likely that they just don't know about it.
  • To perfect lancer play, yes, it's not the easiest job.

However to hold aggro, buff here and then and hold debilitate up, it's really not sience.
    But most of the new players don't know their skillset, unfortunately.
  • Yeah... That thrall of protection taunt lol. Zip the boss turns around and facerolls through your melee every time lol.

Had a mystic summon it during a Vault of Kaprima the other day so I just stood there and watched them all run around the room yelling at me to get agro back lol. That Lancer hits hard in Kaprima and now they know. Mission accomplished imo
  • And Lancer is easy to play, but hard to be good at. You need to memorize the bosses attack patterns, perfectly time blocks to increase your damage and threat, use Pledge of Protection for your team to absorb damage done to them, Infuriate, Adrenaline, Shout, Taunt, Stun, chains x3, debilitate, know when its safe to wallop and onslaught, etc.

Sounds like you don't know Lancers buddy
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    If you're having trouble holding aggro against a thrall, you might have a problem.
  • Definitely gotta work on me being a Lancer. Do you guys swap your skills around on the shortcuts or keep it like it is?
  • Newbshank wrote: »
    And Lancer is easy to play, but hard to be good at. You need to memorize the bosses attack patterns, perfectly time blocks to increase your damage and threat, use Pledge of Protection for your team to absorb damage done to them, Infuriate, Adrenaline, Shout, Taunt, Stun, chains x3, debilitate, know when its safe to wallop and onslaught, etc.

Sounds like you don't know Lancers buddy

I agree! Lancers are easy to play but challenging to play well. You can't just sit there and taunt and block attacks. I realized I wasn't using debilitate properly and neglecting the stun and pledge of protection at times. I only hit 65 last week so I'm still learning but just working on fixing those few things has really improved my effectiveness as a tank :3
  • Ok let me set the records straight.. as far as mystics go our Thrall of protection grants the entire party an endurance buff so if you see a mystic cast one that is why. If you are a tank and lose aggro to a simple Thrall of protection then you suck as a tank, just saying. :)

Signed-
    Every mystic
  • TLXTLX ✭✭
    This is a non sense post.
  • OMG, how many people still really believe a tank that has issues with holding aggro against ToP is a bad tank???

The healer is the bad apple.

Learn how aggro works, and what generates how much aggro before posting such a nonsense.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    But for real though, unless you're in a leveling dungeon there's no reason a level 65 lancer should lose aggro to a thrall. Literally poke the boss.
    If you run in, use Challenging Shout, and follow it up with your buffs+enrage and then begin attacking, I can promise you you'll never lose aggro to a goddamned thrall, lmao

OP's advice is solid in the first post. Debilitate is the best debuff in the game, and if you're having trouble maintaining it you can glyph it to increase its uptime. No reason not to keep it up 24/7.
  • voidy wrote: »
    But for real though, unless you're in a leveling dungeon there's no reason a level 65 lancer should lose aggro to a thrall. Literally poke the boss.
    If you run in, use Challenging Shout, and follow it up with your buffs+enrage and then begin attacking, I can promise you you'll never lose aggro to a goddamned thrall, lmao

OP's advice is solid in the first post. Debilitate is the best debuff in the game, and if you're having trouble maintaining it you can glyph it to increase its uptime. No reason not to keep it up 24/7.

ye, at end game it changes, but during leveling, ToP is a pain in the [filtered] for every tank.