[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Many things are wrong

First off, how come elite members don't get at least 1 free character slot? I got elite and immediately canceled it after realizing this. Is it so hard? Same goes for bank space. How come elite members don't get at least 1 free extra bank slot? Error codes 800 and 119 not on your list of FAQ when submitting transactions, sad! Why is brawler the only good character for soloing in the game? (I'm talking about what happens after level 65) You can barely execute combo attacks before getting knocked down. Doing the solo dungeons at 65 is still hard, impossible for berserker; once you let go of block you're getting knocked down several times in a row. Once you go brawler you won't go to any other class. Why does warrior need to activate a skill in order to block? Your game has realistic graphics why not realistic actions? Why can't all players block? Why does warrior edge diminish so quickly? This one is hugggeeee....why do monsters hit for 300, give or take, but poison for 4000? The effect lasts about 10 seconds so about 20000 damage. I'm not talking about bosses, I'm talking about regular monsters in certain dungeons. I'm not going to mention which ones because I know you're aware of this. Why can't all dungeons have solo player option? Here's why I think they should: I do every story quest in game but when I get to level 58 problems arise. I choose the lowest level quest first, so I don't go over the level requirements for instant matching on certain dungeons. Guess what? I still go over the level requirement. Which means I'll never be able to complete that story unless I solo it at level 65, which is actually hard to do if your not a brawler. I also want to point out, I'm killing only what needs to be killed for quests and I still go past the level requirement to join 5 person dungeons. Raise the range already!

Comments

• JasonTERAJasonTERA ✭✭✭
    Eaglore wrote: »
    First off, how come elite members don't get at least 1 free character slot? I got elite and immediately canceled it after realizing this. Is it so hard? Same goes for bank space. How come elite members don't get at least 1 free extra bank slot? Error codes 800 and 119 not on your list of FAQ when submitting transactions, sad!

Elite benefit is supposed to boost user's gameplay by giving more entry and some useful stuff. If elite players get a free bank slot and character slot, what if the person stop subscribing? the person will lose their stuff in bank and character or, at least, the additional character and items in bank will be locked which will cause more problem.
    Why is brawler the only good character for soloing in the game? (I'm talking about what happens after level 65) You can barely execute combo attacks before getting knocked down. Doing the solo dungeons at 65 is still hard, impossible for berserker; once you let go of block you're getting knocked down several times in a row. Once you go brawler you won't go to any other class.

Well, this is more like a matter of expertness. Brawler is easier for most of the people due to front block and high dps, but once you get familiar and skilled with a class other than brawler, you won't have any issue (eg: knock down, stun) while soloing. You said you are kind still struggling with lv 65 solo dungeon. That tells you are still far from skilled honestly. Once you get familiar with game and your class, you will be able to do solo dungeons way easier even with Guardian gears.

I suggest you to search about
    - skill rotation of your class
    - proper crystals for your class
    - glyph setup for your class
    - general guide for your class
    Why does warrior need to activate a skill in order to block? Your game has realistic graphics why not realistic actions? Why can't all players block? Why does warrior edge diminish so quickly? This one is hugggeeee....why do monsters hit for 300, give or take, but poison for 4000? The effect lasts about 10 seconds so about 20000 damage. I'm not talking about bosses, I'm talking about regular monsters in certain dungeons. I'm not going to mention which ones because I know you're aware of this.

Warrior has 2 different mode; dps and tank which are intended. If you are looking for realistic action..well. Magic is not realistic and everything else is not realistic though.
    Warrior stacks diminishes pretty quickly, but as long as you can add 1 more stack by any of your skill, it will refresh. This is not a problem at all as long as you know how to spam your skills. Like..as long as you can use 1 skill within 10 sec, you will not lose your stack.
    Some of the monsters have an attack with debuff such as bleeding, but again, once you are familiar with this game, you should be able to dodge those attack easily.

Why can't all dungeons have solo player option? Here's why I think they should: I do every story quest in game but when I get to level 58 problems arise. I choose the lowest level quest first, so I don't go over the level requirements for instant matching on certain dungeons. Guess what? I still go over the level requirement. Which means I'll never be able to complete that story unless I solo it at level 65, which is actually hard to do if your not a brawler. I also want to point out, I'm killing only what needs to be killed for quests and I still go past the level requirement to join 5 person dungeons. Raise the range already!

It is still same issue. Once you pass the level requirement for a certain low level dungeon, it becomes way easier to clear it by soloing. Let's say,,at lv 58, with proper weapon (free avatar weapon) and crystal, you can literally solo skygarden(req. level 54) or below in 5-10min by soloing.
    Tera is basically made for team-play. There are some solo-content, but they are not the major in game. So party/raid system is intended from the beginning. It is just a type of a game chosen by developer.

I understand how you are struggling, but I really recommend you to find some info about this game such as
    - general guide : crystal, consumable, etc
    - class specific guide : for skill rotation, glyph

Once you get familiar with this game, those questions suffering you will become nothing.
  • RasseiRassei ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    It honestly just sounds like you don't like the game in general honestly. You cancelling elite because they didn't give you a additional character slot? Really?? You can literally find out what you get as a elite player, sounds like you did no research into what you were paying for. Completely your fault.

The rest of your tirade honestly just sounds like you need more experience with the classes you play, Brawler may be great at soloing but all the other classes have zero issue doing any solo content post 65. If you are getting stunned/KD'd that often, sounds like you need to learn BAM/Boss mechanics, definitely a player issue.

They aren't going to dump resources into making dungeons have a solo version, this is a mmo. Also, If you are doing story quests to level, you are leveling incredibly inefficiently. Dungeons always trump quests. It sounds like you need more experience with other classes aside from brawler and maybe more experience with the game in general.
  • Eaglore wrote: »
    Why can't all dungeons have solo player option? Here's why I think they should: I do every story quest in game but when I get to level 58 problems arise. I choose the lowest level quest first, so I don't go over the level requirements for instant matching on certain dungeons. Guess what? I still go over the level requirement. Which means I'll never be able to complete that story unless I solo it at level 65, which is actually hard to do if your not a brawler.

Excuse me, but I had a very easy time soloing level 20-63 dungeons with my mystic PRE awakening. I can now solo level 65 ILv 412 dungeons thanks to apex skills.

• CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    All classes should have block? You get knocked down too much? Bleed is too much? Solo dungeons are too hard? Story quests are too hard at level 65 (lmao)?

Sounds like you're just terrible at the game.
  • Sounds like you're just not savvy with the game's combat mechanics.

It's not a fair comparison since I've played this game since beta, but I've leveled up one of every class to 65 doing only solo content. While some classes do it better than others, it's certainly not that difficult. Seems to me that you need to come to an understanding that all classes behave differently and must be played differently.

If you're playing a warrior, you have to understand how to efficiently build edge and not be hit by ANYTHING.

If you're playing Archer, you have to be aware of the range of your skills and animation locks to avoid being hit by boss mechanics.

If you're playing priest you have to be aware of your active buff durations and cooldowns to maximize your buff uptimes.

If you're playing brawler or lancer, you have to be aware of what attacks are unblockable and how to avoid mechanics as the boss will always be focused on you.

To be frank, the content of this game isn't hard enough to justify nerfing it because some players aren't up to speed. You either adapt or die, and if you don't find that very fun, perhaps this isn't the game for you.
  • StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    Play Tetris.
  • Wow... I cant imagine you playing 4 years ago when a simple Basilisk can one shot you and kill em take like 15 minutes. :p
    I agree with you, Brawler is an EASY mode character. Koreans are not very good balancing things. (they suck actually).
    But warrior is easy too... A lot of iframes, high movility and good dps even in Assault Stance u can solo a lot of dungeons.

I remember back in time when Wonderholme cames out, someone put a video of soloing the last boss with a warrior, untouched. ("Flawless Victory").

Berserker can be hard, in that agree with you too. To balance it according to other classes they need a lot more of balance and stagger resist, not with the skill, but in base condition. Sometimes zerker can be frustrating... Specially if you compare it with the new classes, "easymode" since reaper appearence. (Brawler top 1 easymode, followed nearly for Valks).

Oh and this is not ENMASSE GAME, they re just publishers. If u want to complain u have to aim higher, on BLUE HOLE STUDIO.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    "All classes Should Block"

Excuse me while i go laugh in a corner....

Ok im back. Now, can you explain to me how the frail sorcerer would be able to block damage with a weapon that looks like a porcelain dish?
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elite could give a free character slot if the character you made there becomes unavailable when you go back to f2p status. As for the rest, I soloed a berserker to max level on blue and green gear back in 2012 when the class was so bad nearly nobody who plays it now would even consider it. TS and Cyclone were as weak as healer DPS, Mocking shout was bugged. We didn't have tank stance nor half of the other skills... Right now you can solo a Zerker to 65 only using the movement speed skill and TS. Nothing else...

Warrior is, surprisingly for me, the only class I can control fully manually using a control pad. I think I only chain Combative Strike into Traverse Cut and nothing else but then again I'm still an overall scrub. Still, it's one of the most evasive and high survival classes out there. The classes that can block through a toggle skill can do so because they have DPS and tank stances. Though these tank stances do lesser damage and shouldn't be used for soloing.

Brawler is one of the newer classes, totally catered towards casuals, since they have a lot of DPS and massive auto chains. You can level them up by face tanking everything while pressing a single button. They become more interesting in end game though, so you should still learn them properly or you won't be able to do anything in front of even a 3 star dungeon boss.

Solo versions of all dungeons would be a nice thing for social outcasts like me, but realistically, this is an MMO, and they have to draw the line between solo and party content somewhere. In fact, they should have drawn that line much earlier, but they know how many players out there like to do all level up content mostly alone, but party up for end game. So there's that.

Anyway. This game is more about memory and preparation than skill. So prepare yourself by gearing up, learning the class you play as and the enemies you fight. You won't learn everything in a day so give it a bit more time before complaining about it. Tera shouldn't be that hard if you have good memory and a fast hand.
    Play Tetris.

You have an Internets for a whole day!
  • Ves1978Ves1978 ✭✭✭✭
    if this thread is a bait, nice one bro. if not, GIT GUD :D
  • CutechanCutechan ✭✭✭
    Zoknahal wrote: »
    Now, can you explain to me how the frail sorcerer would be able to block damage with a weapon that looks like a porcelain dish?

hqdefault.jpg