[TERA Console] Maintenance to deploy the v86.01 update is scheduled for Monday, September 14 at 7 p.m. PT. Patch notes: http://bit.ly/terac_v86
[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Lancer Skill Bar Set-up?

Comments

• Vinyltails wrote: »
    Lorly2 wrote: »
    Vinyltails wrote: »
    Lorly2 wrote: »
    Gotcha! Thank you guys. I'll have to start fiddling around with the three bar set up. It'll take me a while to get used to but if I'm gonna need it later on anyways I should get used to it haha. Also (noob question I know) but what do you mean potion wise? I just have hp and mp slotted. Is there something more beneficial?

They're talking about Hp/MP potions (You might want spots for the potion that heals 50% at once and Rejuv pots that heal 5% every second if you have those) along with Perhaps Bravery potions (can probably go on Radial wheel).... BATTLE SOLUTIONS (mandatory stuff that you need to use everytime you die in dungeon)...Maybe you'll want a CCB in an easily accessible point (Radial wheel works fine)...Brooch spot should be easily accessible as well when you hit 65 and get brooches with active effects

If you're going to Min/max, you'll also want a spot for Lein's Root bear (Attack speed boosting consumable)

>>Also forgive my ignorance but I hit level 65 last week and am currently sitting at ilvl 410 should I have gotten a brooch with an active effect already? I may not have noticed it? (I'm going to look now)

I believe Mid tier dungeons (410) should drop "Simple Brooch boxes" which give brooches with active effects.

Upgrades for these are crafted by Weapon/Armoursmiths

Ahhh okay that explains it. Yeah I still need to do the first 410 dungeon lol I might go ahead and get started on those tonight then :)
  • TTKPPWLJFPTTKPPWLJFP ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    The skills and combos you use the most in the rotations put near each other. (On the right) The skills you can use while moving need to be on the right side so your left thumb is free to move. The skills you can’t move while using can go in the dpad left side. Look at the rotations in this link and make the buttons flow. I use R1 to block, and R2 to counter. Combo on square. Shield barrage on triangle. I put all the longer cd skills on the left dpad + L1 and L2

https://essentialmana.com/daniels-advanced-min-max-lancer-guide/
  • I'm only posting to lol at the guy that said you'll never be a skilled tank if you dont put moves like retaliate and shield counter on your bar when those moves literally proc after every kd or block.

I haven't got my lancer to 65 yet but I strongly doubt you NEED 3 bars for lancer.
  • TTKPPWLJFPTTKPPWLJFP ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    If you don’t use 3 bars, your definitely a baddie. You need 3 bars to be good. In FF XIV, you have immediate access to 32 hot keys on the controller and you use them all.
  • KNE96RGXT5KNE96RGXT5 ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    36EFJJ5E7D wrote: »
    I'm only posting to lol at the guy that said you'll never be a skilled tank if you dont put moves like retaliate and shield counter on your bar when those moves literally proc after every kd or block.

I haven't got my lancer to 65 yet but I strongly doubt you NEED 3 bars for lancer.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Not even reached 65, but want to teach a 3 years+ lancer something about skills. Sure HAHA.

Between, for shield counter, you can manually use it after every wallop for example, but it will not chain it if you didn't block with it.
    Therefore great DPS loss for pros like you that think they know what they are doing.

You strongly doubt you need 3 skill bars? Oh ok, than this need's to be true.
    Good luck finding skilled people play with you when you need 5 minutes at the start of the dungeon to find your potions etc. in the menu.
    Or don't you even use them, because you are so skilled? :D

So maybe lol at yourself, noobie.
  • > @KNE96RGXT5 said:
    > 36EFJJ5E7D wrote: »
    >
    > I'm only posting to lol at the guy that said you'll never be a skilled tank if you dont put moves like retaliate and shield counter on your bar when those moves literally proc after every kd or block.
    >
    > I haven't got my lancer to 65 yet but I strongly doubt you NEED 3 bars for lancer.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
    >
    > Not even reached 65, but want to teach a 3 years+ lancer something about skills. Sure HAHA.
    >
    > Between, for shield counter, you can manually use it after every wallop for example, but it will not chain it if you didn't block with it.
    > Therefore great DPS loss for pros like you that think they know what they are doing.
    >
    > You strongly doubt you need 3 skill bars? Oh ok, than this need's to be true.
    > Good luck finding skilled people play with you when you need 5 minutes at the start of the dungeon to find your potions etc. in the menu.
    > Or don't you even use them, because you are so skilled? :D
    >
    > So maybe lol at yourself, noobie.

I like how you left out that you told him to put retaliate on his bar. It does look like I may grab the 3rd bar. But def not for moves that proc by themselves. 5 minutes to look for potions? Thats what a radial dial is for....

As for the guy who brought up final fantasy hot keys please tell me what in the world that has to do with a game that chains together combos. Did you chain in a realm reborn? Nope.....
  • KNE96RGXT5KNE96RGXT5 ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    36EFJJ5E7D wrote: »
    > @KNE96RGXT5 said:
    >
    > I'm only posting to lol at the guy that said you'll never be a skilled tank if you dont put moves like retaliate and shield counter on your bar when those moves literally proc after every kd or block.
    >
    > I haven't got my lancer to 65 yet but I strongly doubt you NEED 3 bars for lancer.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
    >
    > Not even reached 65, but want to teach a 3 years+ lancer something about skills. Sure HAHA.
    >
    > Between, for shield counter, you can manually use it after every wallop for example, but it will not chain it if you didn't block with it.
    > Therefore great DPS loss for pros like you that think they know what they are doing.
    >
    > You strongly doubt you need 3 skill bars? Oh ok, than this need's to be true.
    > Good luck finding skilled people play with you when you need 5 minutes at the start of the dungeon to find your potions etc. in the menu.
    > Or don't you even use them, because you are so skilled? :D
    >
    > So maybe lol at yourself, noobie.

I like how you left out that you told him to put retaliate on his bar. It does look like I may grab the 3rd bar. But def not for moves that proc by themselves. 5 minutes to look for potions? Thats what a radial dial is for....

As for the guy who brought up final fantasy hot keys please tell me what in the world that has to do with a game that chains together combos. Did you chain in a realm reborn? Nope.....

Dude stop writing. It's very clear you haven't got a clue, just stop.
    Chained skills are NOT THE WAY to go in this game, NOT AT ALL.

It's ok for noobs like you to use it, but not for skilled players.

Go look up some pro lancers on PC to see how they are doing it, then come back.
  • > @KNE96RGXT5 said:
    >
    > > @KNE96RGXT5 said:
    > > 36EFJJ5E7D wrote: »
    > >
    > > I'm only posting to lol at the guy that said you'll never be a skilled tank if you dont put moves like retaliate and shield counter on your bar when those moves literally proc after every kd or block.
    > >
    > > I haven't got my lancer to 65 yet but I strongly doubt you NEED 3 bars for lancer.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
    > >
    > > Not even reached 65, but want to teach a 3 years+ lancer something about skills. Sure HAHA.
    > >
    > > Between, for shield counter, you can manually use it after every wallop for example, but it will not chain it if you didn't block with it.
    > > Therefore great DPS loss for pros like you that think they know what they are doing.
    > >
    > > You strongly doubt you need 3 skill bars? Oh ok, than this need's to be true.
    > > Good luck finding skilled people play with you when you need 5 minutes at the start of the dungeon to find your potions etc. in the menu.
    > > Or don't you even use them, because you are so skilled? :D
    > >
    > > So maybe lol at yourself, noobie.
    >
    > I like how you left out that you told him to put retaliate on his bar. It does look like I may grab the 3rd bar. But def not for moves that proc by themselves. 5 minutes to look for potions? Thats what a radial dial is for....
    >
    > As for the guy who brought up final fantasy hot keys please tell me what in the world that has to do with a game that chains together combos. Did you chain in a realm reborn? Nope.....
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Dude stop writing. It's very clear you haven't got a clue, just stop.
    > Chained skills are NOT THE WAY to go in this game, NOT AT ALL.
    >
    > It's ok for noobs like you to use it, but not for skilled players.
    >
    > Go look up some pro lancers on PC to see how they are doing it, then come back.

I brought up chains to point out how stupid it was to mention and entirely different games button layout. How many of those pro players have retaliate on their bar? You keep skipping past the main thing I made fun of about your post. You justified shield counter. Justify retaliate.
  • 36EFJJ5E7D wrote: »
    > @KNE96RGXT5 said:
    >
    > > @KNE96RGXT5 said:
    > >
    > > I'm only posting to lol at the guy that said you'll never be a skilled tank if you dont put moves like retaliate and shield counter on your bar when those moves literally proc after every kd or block.
    > >
    > > I haven't got my lancer to 65 yet but I strongly doubt you NEED 3 bars for lancer.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
    > >
    > > Not even reached 65, but want to teach a 3 years+ lancer something about skills. Sure HAHA.
    > >
    > > Between, for shield counter, you can manually use it after every wallop for example, but it will not chain it if you didn't block with it.
    > > Therefore great DPS loss for pros like you that think they know what they are doing.
    > >
    > > You strongly doubt you need 3 skill bars? Oh ok, than this need's to be true.
    > > Good luck finding skilled people play with you when you need 5 minutes at the start of the dungeon to find your potions etc. in the menu.
    > > Or don't you even use them, because you are so skilled? :D
    > >
    > > So maybe lol at yourself, noobie.
    >
    > I like how you left out that you told him to put retaliate on his bar. It does look like I may grab the 3rd bar. But def not for moves that proc by themselves. 5 minutes to look for potions? Thats what a radial dial is for....
    >
    > As for the guy who brought up final fantasy hot keys please tell me what in the world that has to do with a game that chains together combos. Did you chain in a realm reborn? Nope.....
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Dude stop writing. It's very clear you haven't got a clue, just stop.
    > Chained skills are NOT THE WAY to go in this game, NOT AT ALL.
    >
    > It's ok for noobs like you to use it, but not for skilled players.
    >
    > Go look up some pro lancers on PC to see how they are doing it, then come back.

I brought up chains to point out how stupid it was to mention and entirely different games button layout. How many of those pro players have retaliate on their bar? You keep skipping past the main thing I made fun of about your post. You justified shield counter. Justify retaliate.

Ok, sorry about that. And I think I was a little harsh in my comments, so I apologize for that as well.
    Hmm, the main reason for me was to have retaliate on a button that you feel comfortable.

So, tell me, when you don't put retaliate on skill bar, which button do you need to press?
  • > @KNE96RGXT5 said:
    >
    > > @KNE96RGXT5 said:
    > >
    > > > @KNE96RGXT5 said:
    > > > 36EFJJ5E7D wrote: »
    > > >
    > > > I'm only posting to lol at the guy that said you'll never be a skilled tank if you dont put moves like retaliate and shield counter on your bar when those moves literally proc after every kd or block.
    > > >
    > > > I haven't got my lancer to 65 yet but I strongly doubt you NEED 3 bars for lancer.
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
    > > >
    > > > Not even reached 65, but want to teach a 3 years+ lancer something about skills. Sure HAHA.
    > > >
    > > > Between, for shield counter, you can manually use it after every wallop for example, but it will not chain it if you didn't block with it.
    > > > Therefore great DPS loss for pros like you that think they know what they are doing.
    > > >
    > > > You strongly doubt you need 3 skill bars? Oh ok, than this need's to be true.
    > > > Good luck finding skilled people play with you when you need 5 minutes at the start of the dungeon to find your potions etc. in the menu.
    > > > Or don't you even use them, because you are so skilled? :D
    > > >
    > > > So maybe lol at yourself, noobie.
    > >
    > > I like how you left out that you told him to put retaliate on his bar. It does look like I may grab the 3rd bar. But def not for moves that proc by themselves. 5 minutes to look for potions? Thats what a radial dial is for....
    > >
    > > As for the guy who brought up final fantasy hot keys please tell me what in the world that has to do with a game that chains together combos. Did you chain in a realm reborn? Nope.....
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Dude stop writing. It's very clear you haven't got a clue, just stop.
    > > Chained skills are NOT THE WAY to go in this game, NOT AT ALL.
    > >
    > > It's ok for noobs like you to use it, but not for skilled players.
    > >
    > > Go look up some pro lancers on PC to see how they are doing it, then come back.
    >
    > I brought up chains to point out how stupid it was to mention and entirely different games button layout. How many of those pro players have retaliate on their bar? You keep skipping past the main thing I made fun of about your post. You justified shield counter. Justify retaliate.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Ok, sorry about that. And I think I was a little harsh in my comments, so I apologize for that as well.
    > Hmm, the main reason for me was to have retaliate on a button that you feel comfortable.
    >
    > So, tell me, when you don't put retaliate on skill bar, which button do you need to press?

If you dont have retaliate on your bar it pops on whatever button you have your interact. So if you never rekey interact you only have to press X when knocked down to retaliate. A on xbox.
    > @KNE96RGXT5 said:
    >
    > > @KNE96RGXT5 said:
    > >
    > > > @KNE96RGXT5 said:
    > > > 36EFJJ5E7D wrote: »
    > > >
    > > > I'm only posting to lol at the guy that said you'll never be a skilled tank if you dont put moves like retaliate and shield counter on your bar when those moves literally proc after every kd or block.
    > > >
    > > > I haven't got my lancer to 65 yet but I strongly doubt you NEED 3 bars for lancer.
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
    > > >
    > > > Not even reached 65, but want to teach a 3 years+ lancer something about skills. Sure HAHA.
    > > >
    > > > Between, for shield counter, you can manually use it after every wallop for example, but it will not chain it if you didn't block with it.
    > > > Therefore great DPS loss for pros like you that think they know what they are doing.
    > > >
    > > > You strongly doubt you need 3 skill bars? Oh ok, than this need's to be true.
    > > > Good luck finding skilled people play with you when you need 5 minutes at the start of the dungeon to find your potions etc. in the menu.
    > > > Or don't you even use them, because you are so skilled? :D
    > > >
    > > > So maybe lol at yourself, noobie.
    > >
    > > I like how you left out that you told him to put retaliate on his bar. It does look like I may grab the 3rd bar. But def not for moves that proc by themselves. 5 minutes to look for potions? Thats what a radial dial is for....
    > >
    > > As for the guy who brought up final fantasy hot keys please tell me what in the world that has to do with a game that chains together combos. Did you chain in a realm reborn? Nope.....
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Dude stop writing. It's very clear you haven't got a clue, just stop.
    > > Chained skills are NOT THE WAY to go in this game, NOT AT ALL.
    > >
    > > It's ok for noobs like you to use it, but not for skilled players.
    > >
    > > Go look up some pro lancers on PC to see how they are doing it, then come back.
    >
    > I brought up chains to point out how stupid it was to mention and entirely different games button layout. How many of those pro players have retaliate on their bar? You keep skipping past the main thing I made fun of about your post. You justified shield counter. Justify retaliate.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Ok, sorry about that. And I think I was a little harsh in my comments, so I apologize for that as well.
    > Hmm, the main reason for me was to have retaliate on a button that you feel comfortable.
    >
    > So, tell me, when you don't put retaliate on skill bar, which button do you need to press?

If you dont have retaliate on your bar it pops on whatever button you have your interact. So if you never rekey interact you only have to press X when knocked down to retaliate. A on xbox.

Ow that's good to know, thanks.
  • No problem.
    I'm only posting to lol at the guy that said you'll never be a skilled tank if you dont put moves like retaliate and shield counter on your bar when those moves literally proc after every kd or block.

I wouldn’t have interact on x, that’s like a really important button. I put interact on r1. I put block on x.

If you put block on x, and put interact on r1, shield counter then chains to r1. Absolute garbage (bad game design tbh, other classes skill chains are on the same button as original skill). So I put shield counter on the square button so I can instantly rock my thumb onto it. I’m pretty sure I had it like that on pc (pc controller player) but I don’t play lancer much, it’s a backup for the guild.
  • NemmarNemmar ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    KNE96RGXT5 wrote: »
    Kiciuk wrote: »
    Some explaination please.
    I have every single skill i need on bar, only spring isnt there as its chained from debilitate

Sure.

First of all, you want all your skills set on the bar. It greatly increases your versatility.
    Retaliate, anyone? :D
    Shield counter ?????
    Menacing wave?

Where are your potions?

Spring chained from debilitate?
    Spring should be chained from shield barrage.

Didn't take too close of a look at all of your skills, but just with the above mentioned, you will already need a 3 skill bar.

Hopefully this helps.

Dude, you are a PC player aren't you? I wish you PC players stopped giving "advice" when you don't know how the game plays on console. It isn't the same.
    On console, you can't use priority lists. The animations are too slow. We have chains and only specific chains are allowed that speed up the animations.

Spring has the same CD as debilitate and it combos(well... one is 3.5s and the other 4s), just like it does with shield barrage. If you use it with debilitate and do a shield barrage after, you can then use debilitate and spring again. This is a highly efficient way to deal damage while beeing animation locked the least. Shield barrage+spring will leave you vulnerable for a long time and you will need to block cancel it.

• Nemmar wrote: »
    KNE96RGXT5 wrote: »
    Kiciuk wrote: »
    Some explaination please.
    I have every single skill i need on bar, only spring isnt there as its chained from debilitate

Sure.

First of all, you want all your skills set on the bar. It greatly increases your versatility.
    Retaliate, anyone? :D
    Shield counter ?????
    Menacing wave?

Where are your potions?

Spring chained from debilitate?
    Spring should be chained from shield barrage.

Didn't take too close of a look at all of your skills, but just with the above mentioned, you will already need a 3 skill bar.

Hopefully this helps.

Dude, you are a PC player aren't you? I wish you PC players stopped giving "advice" when you don't know how the game plays on console. It isn't the same.
    On console, you can't use priority lists. The animations are too slow. We have chains and only specific chains are allowed that speed up the animations.

Spring has the same CD as debilitate and it combos(well... one is 3.5s and the other 4s), just like it does with shield barrage. If you use it with debilitate and do a shield barrage after, you can then use debilitate and spring again. This is a highly efficient way to deal damage while beeing animation locked the least. Shield barrage+spring will leave you vulnerable for a long time and you will need to block cancel it.

Yes, PC and Xbox. So, I know how the console is.

Well, I don't have to much time to go into detail, but casting shield barrage + spring takes me on console ruffly 1 second. (didn't stop the time ) and that's without speed buffs.
    The most effective dps chain combo ( shield barrage-spring-wallop-shieldcounter) takes me about 3 seconds or so.

Until now, i can squeeze in sb-spring-wallop-sc most of the times on every boss without any issues.
    Just need to have the right timing.

So, your rotation is Debilitate-spring-shieldbarrage-debilitate-spring?
    Enough said. :)