[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

The one thing that really puts me off about human females

Their heads are too small for their torso. It's not by much, but enough to remind me of that scene with Beetlejuice and the Voodoo priest....

And so I take this opportunity to have EME ask BHS for more kinds of permanent shape changers, like head, feet and hands. At least the head one can be possible because there's already a big head changer. Feet and hands may be a bit harder but not impossible if the ability to change their size is already available (though I haven't seen it). I won't ask about torso size (nor chest or behind) because those may require new coding.

Comments

• SvafnirSvafnir ✭✭✭
    Hand size changer, please.

While you're bothered by the small head on females I'm bothered by bigger than head hands on males...
  • You're worried about the head on human females.... have you seen the neck on the elf race?
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kinda fail to see that, of all weird proportions in the game I think hand/feet size are the worst offenders.
    v1P6zNL.jpg
  • Looks more like a design choice, IDK cause most the females are like that. But let's talk about the Human Male...when are they ever going be "normal" proportion body-wise and not some oversized gorillas?
  • Elin hands. That is all.
  • Let's not forget the Castanic ladies' hands ...
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Yeah. That's why I said hands too. But seems head is easier to implement at the moment since there's already a head size changer. Not sure if more coding is needed for hands and feet.

I also agree, human males in this game remind me of Altered Beast when your guy is just a level short of becoming a furry... Dunno much about elves because I don't use that race. And elin hands? One thing I can say about those. They have the strength required to hold and use massive weapons. I just don't want to be slapped in the face by one of them...
  • Let's not forget the Castanic ladies' hands ...

It's like they're wearing skintoned mickey mouse gloves e.e
  • Is a fantasy game, all characters proportions are exagerated. Like all MMOS
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    I think the head size is fine, you're just used to seeing oversized heads in video games/animations
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    66ECX7NAN7 wrote: »
    I think the head size is fine, you're just used to seeing oversized heads in video games/animations

Yeah if you're playing an elin by any chance, human fem heads are tiny in comparison.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    66ECX7NAN7 wrote: »

Maybe. I don't have the same issue with Castanics and Elves, which may support your view, though that doesn't make me like humans more just because someone else finds them fine as they are. Elins are pretty much super deformed cartoons in comparison to everything else in game save Poporis which are the other cartoonish race, so they don't count. Now I know this is an issue with my own preferences and points of view and not a problem everyone has. Which is why I pointed in the very title of the thread that >I< have a problem with it. Though more variety in shape changers may benefit more people than just me. Which is why I decided to make the thread. Maybe someone wants an elin with a smaller head and smaller hands. Also, in real life, people come in different shapes as well and you may like some and dislike some others. Head sizes included.

Now, to sort of tune the character more to my liking, there are a few things I can do. I can use different kinds of hair to mask the size a bit, or head adornments like a hood (which is what I'm using now on my character).

As for FoV, I know a bit about that. I use the game's default FoV but have tried other numbers as well.

Anyway. I know this is extremely low priority. I posted it just to make it known that some derp asked about more kinds of shape changers.
  • Femani have no chins.Overall they are stunning, I have several that I created, but I just can't play them... because their chinlessness bothers the heck out of me.
    ZdQcTfN.png?1
    4TOexEj.png?1
    The only thing I can think of, is their necks are too thick, and encroach on the back side of the chin/jaw. That and the angle that the jaw goes up in much too steep. Combined, it just looks strange.
  • NikuroTegaNikuroTega ✭✭✭✭
    Daenerys wrote: »
    Femani have no chins.Overall they are stunning, I have several that I created, but I just can't play them... because their chinlessness bothers the heck out of me.
    ZdQcTfN.png?1
    4TOexEj.png?1
    The only thing I can think of, is their necks are too thick, and encroach on the back side of the chin/jaw. That and the angle that the jaw goes up in much too steep. Combined, it just looks strange.

Mmm, that is one sexy Femani!