13»

Comments

• KNE96RGXT5KNE96RGXT5 ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Nemmar wrote: »
    KNE96RGXT5 wrote: »
    Kiciuk wrote: »
    Some explaination please.
    I have every single skill i need on bar, only spring isnt there as its chained from debilitate

Sure.

First of all, you want all your skills set on the bar. It greatly increases your versatility.
    Retaliate, anyone? :D
    Shield counter ?????
    Menacing wave?

Where are your potions?

Spring chained from debilitate?
    Spring should be chained from shield barrage.

Didn't take too close of a look at all of your skills, but just with the above mentioned, you will already need a 3 skill bar.

Hopefully this helps.

Dude, you are a PC player aren't you? I wish you PC players stopped giving "advice" when you don't know how the game plays on console. It isn't the same.
    On console, you can't use priority lists. The animations are too slow. We have chains and only specific chains are allowed that speed up the animations.

Spring has the same CD as debilitate and it combos(well... one is 3.5s and the other 4s), just like it does with shield barrage. If you use it with debilitate and do a shield barrage after, you can then use debilitate and spring again. This is a highly efficient way to deal damage while beeing animation locked the least. Shield barrage+spring will leave you vulnerable for a long time and you will need to block cancel it.

Yes, PC and Xbox. So, I know how the console is.

Well, I don't have to much time to go into detail, but casting shield barrage + spring takes me on console ruffly 1 second. (didn't stop the time ) and that's without speed buffs.
    The most effective dps chain combo ( shield barrage-spring-wallop-shieldcounter) takes me about 3 seconds or so.

Until now, i can squeeze in sb-spring-wallop-sc most of the times on every boss without any issues.
    Just need to have the right timing.

So, your start-rotation is Debilitate-spring-shieldbarrage-debilitate-spring?
    Enough said. :)

• X is no more an important button than R1. Thats all personal opinion. I never rekey interact and so for me R1 and L1 R1 are where a lot of my heavy hitters are.

On my lancer shield barrage is r1 and debilitate is L1R1. You can do priority lists it just takes practice.

Hes not wrong that manually pressing the combos is faster and more effective than using the chains. I've had to get used to doing this on slayer bc their combos are bugged and if you break a chain your next combo wont chain.

I just thought the retaliate and shield counter thing he said was off but shield counter ended up making sense, though only in a min maxing type situation, as the only gain is dps which isnt a concern for me while tanking. The retaliate thing was prob just from coming from pc.
  • KNE96RGXT5KNE96RGXT5 ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    36EFJJ5E7D wrote: »
    X is no more an important button than R1. Thats all personal opinion. I never rekey interact and so for me R1 and L1 R1 are where a lot of my heavy hitters are.

On my lancer shield barrage is r1 and debilitate is L1R1. You can do priority lists it just takes practice.

Hes not wrong that manually pressing the combos is faster and more effective than using the chains. I've had to get used to doing this on slayer bc their combos are bugged and if you break a chain your next combo wont chain.

I just thought the retaliate and shield counter thing he said was off but shield counter ended up making sense, though only in a min maxing type situation, as the only gain is dps which isnt a concern for me while tanking. The retaliate thing was prob just from coming from pc.

Spot on!

And again sorry for the conversation between us, could have been more mature from my end.
    *Trying to improve* :D
  • CrashiraCrashira ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I swear this thread just confirms why it is that I find healers (more specifically mystics) that "refuse" to heal, I don't think it's so much that they don't want to, but it's because they don't set their darn skills onto their bar and seem to think their only way of healing is their orb, which even then tons don't use.

Using the basic skill combos is something you should only do when learning your character, the idea is that they are a basic guide on what skills can effectively link, but you do not want to be only doing this at end game. You want every single skill that you have on your bar, which means you need your 3rd skill bar open if you want to play optimally. As a Lancer they have lots of skill chains that do not pop up when using a prior skill, e.g debilitate>lockdown blow>spring attack>wallop, or Shield barrage>onslaught (or even Combo attack into onslaught which causes it to activate faster as well).

Having all your skills on your bar will dramatically increase your overall dps and effectiveness when playing, you can have short cooldown skills hidden away from you because they're limited to being combo use only, and then there's the fact that you can create proper rotations outside of the pre-set auto-combo list in which other skills will activate faster or have glyphs proc from other skills to increase your dps, but again you can't do this if you only have 2 bars and/or not all of your skills on your bar.
  • SevazSevaz ✭✭
    What are y'alls experiences with block cancelling skill on console?
  • OK all of you are idiots. Why have none of you shown a video of actually tanking a difficult boss on console? You all suck? That is probably it. I am at least above average. Here is a video from RM second boss.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/crazywhiteguy99/video/48804475