[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Probably the most elitist top playerbase I've ever seen

123578

Comments

  • Also SMH at all these read a guide people. First of all, there were no guides when I was growing up so call me old-fashioned but I actually like the process of learning something through trial and error. Second, I do read guides when I'm having trouble or extremely confused but I don't think any game developer is thinking that reading a guide is a requirement. How do the first group of people for any new dungeon/raid/etc. in any game beat it? The old-fashioned way, that's how. Again, this proves how mediocre the most defensive people probably are at games. Third, if you're reading class guides while playing RPGs, you're not even in the right genre of games. RPGs are about optimizing a personal build not following someone else's guide. If you need a guide to see how chain skills work when there's a tab that a 5-year old can interpret right there for you, I'm the one who doesn't want you in my party.

    BIS and best build are actually supposed to be subjective things not the most popular youtuber's build which is somehow prevalent in RPG games these days. So go and kick me for trying different crystals sometimes but all I can say is I'm DPS and I'm always making the HP bar move the most and always pulling aggro with bad tanks so why are you looking at my crystals when I'm doing my part as DPS? I'm not stupid, if I'm not using carving or pounding or mutinous, I'm going with something that is recommended for my class. I can read. Just because it doesn't fit something you read on the internet you think you know better? Again, people who blame others in the first place are the most mediocre at what they do. Actual good players don't complain, they find a way to get the job done and move on. I've wasted a lot of years playing games and that is one thing I know. The most toxic players are always mediocre, maybe slightly above average players with something to prove.
  • FYJPM44MC4 wrote: »
    You read my post. Becuase it doesn’t matter if you see it as a carry or not. If you have no patience to watch a YouTube video, why should I have patience with you.

    And there is no abusing raid leader powers.. if you got removed it’s because the other four group members voted to kick you. If even one person votes no it’s vetoed so a majority of the group conisdered you bad enough to let you go.

    But you’re labeling again, I don’t think I’m some god tier player, I think I’m serious about learning the mechanics and progressing and I don’t think that you are, becuase to me if you HAVE NOT read up on the mechanics you don’t care about completion end of story. Yes there will be mistakes but a practical mistake is different from a ignorance mistake.

    You want to learn through trial by fire I get that, but it’s not that kind of game you need to know mechanics.

    > @MY3RJLETWP said:
    > FYJPM44MC4 wrote: »
    >
    > I dislike this post. My group is all new players of Tera. We watch guide videos and spend a lot of time learning mechanics. Why should we accept a random who doesn’t know what They are doing, they have access to the same guides it’s not privatized. My group fills multiple roles so we know when a class isn’t doing something right.
    >
    > I tank most of the time, if we pick up a warrior and I see you not using edge, expect to be kicked. If your coming in with no or very wrong crystals expect to be kicked. It’s not elitist. If you have the audacity to join a dungeon without so much as looking up a simple guide for your class and learning your rotation, why would i waste my time when I know the inevitable outcome. Why are players that take time to ensure success and not just waiting for the run to be handed to them labeled “elitist” that’s childish.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Read my post above yours for a good example why you're wrong.

    There is no democracy when there's a 4:1 majority but obviously you need to read guides for everything you do so I won't argue with a child.
  • ZalmZalm ✭✭✭
    Not a child, an elitist. The elitist people usually dont know what an elitist is, so they dont think what they do is elitist.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    FYJPM44MC4 wrote: »
    You read my post. Becuase it doesn’t matter if you see it as a carry or not. If you have no patience to watch a YouTube video, why should I have patience with you.

    Why players should be forced to read guides and videos?

    Guides are wrote and videos are made after people run the dungeon, nobody forced them to read a guide or watch videos because there weren't any of them until they made them.

    Why gamers these days neglect new players to learn how to play the game the way the game was made for everyone?

    Maybe right now is not dire but later if this continue then population will drop in a way than most people will have it hard to find LFG's.

    Attitude as this have been done on PC and you can see in their forums the constant crypost about "dead game" but these players still take those measures against "noobs". I think a little bit more thought is needed in this matter rather to try to force people to know before hand a dungeon when the game was not made for you to know what is going to happen next but for you to discover and learn while playing the content as every game is made.
  • AnasteeleAnasteele ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    @CornishRex Just to clarify cause it seems like you are a PC player only: on console we don't have that LFG function like you have on PC. On PC you just open a "Training Dungeon XY RUN" and people can join if they want to be helpful or if they want to learn a dungeon.Console players don't even have a working chat system which would help to search people, cause it just shows 2-3 chat lines and u cannot modify the tabs, so its full of spam. You often cannot even read guild chat without scrolling back. So besides doing premades with your guild or using IMS is practically the only way for new players to join into those dungeon runs.

    But besides that I agree that there are a lot of players on console who just don't know how to play their class and also not interested in reading some guides. Even if you give hints via chat system...they don't even care. So a lot of IMS runs gets very frustrating. Sometimes it feels like they even never heard of those roles like tank, healer or dps and what their job is.

    Some experiences:
    - DPS not wearing hardy crystals stay in every void, healer of course cannot heal those ppl and those ppl even tell the healer a noob | DPS stay in front of the boss all the time (?!?) | DPS that don't even do DPS at all (Bosses in level dungeons sometimes take more than 10 minutes, DPS that cannot break that easy shield at Pahoegar in Shadow Sanguinary normal...and and and)
    - healer that doesn't heal at all only dps'ing (?!?)
    - Tanks not holding aggro, not even trying too | Tanks, that do dps behind Verno..
    I could tell a lot more "funny" examples. It wouldn't be so frustrating if people would accept constructive help, but most of them are so stubborn and don't accept any help because they just think they are doing right.

    I am just happy that I don't have to rely on that IMS Run's, cause I have a working grp and guild :) But sometimes when you just want to do some easy dungeons fast via IMS for your tokens or whatever, you collect these "funny" moments...
  • I always find that funny.Who puts those guides and videos out,people that did your work for you.Now don't get me wrong,i'll check them out when i hit a wall or want to look for tips to refine my class close to end-game.It is essentially cheating though and,as such,shouldn't be considered a necessity.Some of the best runs i have had on missions and raids through the years have been blind runs and instead of getting angry we talk things out and have a laugh when somebody **** up.

    If you can see a clear problem with somebody (terrible set up or rotation or w/e) try telling them what they are doing wrong.If they are so messed up they are going to kill the run,tell them why and ask them to leave politely instead of getting kick happy.In my experience,most will accept it and go off to make themselves better,which in turn makes the community stronger and generally makes for a better player added to pool.And if you get grouped with that person again in the future and have a nice smooth run you can pat yourself on the back knowing that group was good partly because of you.MMOs are much better and more enjoyable when they have a friendly,helpful community that pulls together to get rid of the attitude crew (sadly this is becoming rarer to find these days).
  • Anasteele wrote: »
    @CornishRex Just to clarify cause it seems like you are a PC player only: on console we don't have that LFG function like you have on PC. On PC you just open a "Training Dungeon XY RUN" and people can join if they want to be helpful or if they want to learn a dungeon.Console players don't even have a working chat system which would help to search people, cause it just shows 2-3 chat lines and u cannot modify the tabs, so its full of spam. You often cannot even read guild chat without scrolling back. So besides doing premades with your guild or using IMS is practically the only way for new players to join into those dungeon runs.

    But besides that I agree that there are a lot of players on console who just don't know how to play their class and also not interested in reading some guides. Even if you give hints via chat system...they don't even care. So a lot of IMS runs gets very frustrating. Sometimes it feels like they even never heard of those roles like tank, healer or dps and what their job is.

    Some experiences:
    - DPS not wearing hardy crystals stay in every void, healer of course cannot heal those ppl and those ppl even tell the healer a noob | DPS stay in front of the boss all the time (?!?) | DPS that don't even do DPS at all (Bosses in level dungeons sometimes take more than 10 minutes, DPS that cannot break that easy shield at Pahoegar in Shadow Sanguinary normal...and and and)
    - healer that doesn't heal at all only dps'ing (?!?)
    - Tanks not holding aggro, not even trying too | Tanks, that do dps behind Verno..
    I could tell a lot more "funny" examples. It wouldn't be so frustrating if people would accept constructive help, but most of them are so stubborn and don't accept any help because they just think they are doing right.

    I am just happy that I don't have to rely on that IMS Run's, cause I have a working grp and guild :) But sometimes when you just want to do some easy dungeons fast via IMS for your tokens or whatever, you collect these "funny" moments...

    See this I can agree with. If you're frustrated at people not playing their basic roles, I understand if you might kick someone but as you can see from some of these replies, there are people who just kick people for not meeting their perfect standards. There's a difference between someone who is trying to read what the leader is saying, trying to get VC to work with it being buggy, and being far from perfect but doing their best and improving vs. someone who is just straight up doing really dumb things over and over and not listening.
  • @Wansanchez As I wrote before: you can just offer help! But if that help is not appreciated and ppl don't care or get even unfriendly, you run into a wall.
  • Zalm wrote: »
    Not a child, an elitist. The elitist people usually dont know what an elitist is, so they dont think what they do is elitist.

    Yeah it's a headache trying to get a simple point across here that anyone with any sense and conscience should easily agree with. Society can't function without some people sacrificing, being a little tolerant, and being a little selfless once in a while but I don't know why people can't see this.
  • Anasteele wrote: »
    @CornishRex Just to clarify cause it seems like you are a PC player only: on console we don't have that LFG function like you have on PC. On PC you just open a "Training Dungeon XY RUN" and people can join if they want to be helpful or if they want to learn a dungeon.Console players don't even have a working chat system which would help to search people, cause it just shows 2-3 chat lines and u cannot modify the tabs, so its full of spam. You often cannot even read guild chat without scrolling back. So besides doing premades with your guild or using IMS is practically the only way for new players to join into those dungeon runs.

    But besides that I agree that there are a lot of players on console who just don't know how to play their class and also not interested in reading some guides. Even if you give hints via chat system...they don't even care. So a lot of IMS runs gets very frustrating. Sometimes it feels like they even never heard of those roles like tank, healer or dps and what their job is.

    Some experiences:
    - DPS not wearing hardy crystals stay in every void, healer of course cannot heal those ppl and those ppl even tell the healer a noob | DPS stay in front of the boss all the time (?!?) | DPS that don't even do DPS at all (Bosses in level dungeons sometimes take more than 10 minutes, DPS that cannot break that easy shield at Pahoegar in Shadow Sanguinary normal...and and and)
    - healer that doesn't heal at all only dps'ing (?!?)
    - Tanks not holding aggro, not even trying too | Tanks, that do dps behind Verno..
    I could tell a lot more "funny" examples. It wouldn't be so frustrating if people would accept constructive help, but most of them are so stubborn and don't accept any help because they just think they are doing right.

    I am just happy that I don't have to rely on that IMS Run's, cause I have a working grp and guild :) But sometimes when you just want to do some easy dungeons fast via IMS for your tokens or whatever, you collect these "funny" moments...

    Best one i have seen is a Mystic using only bolt through the whole run,sorry they fired boomerang once on the first boss.I forget the dungeon but i was on my tank so it would have been in the 40-50 range.Thank god for Lancers self-heal to mix in with pots :).
  • Anasteele wrote: »
    @Wansanchez As I wrote before: you can just offer help! But if that help is not appreciated and ppl don't care or get even unfriendly, you run into a wall.

    I get that,there is no helping some people.I have had a few rage heads over the years,"don't ******* tell me how to play" and "just because the support classes are beating my DPS doesn't mean i'm a bad DPS" or "**** off,you don't know what your talking about".I am all for slamming that kick button on clowns like that.Lucky for me those type of run ins have been few and far between.
  • Wansanchez wrote: »
    Anasteele wrote: »
    @Wansanchez As I wrote before: you can just offer help! But if that help is not appreciated and ppl don't care or get even unfriendly, you run into a wall.

    I get that,there is no helping some people.I have had a few rage heads over the years,"don't ******* tell me how to play" and "just because the support classes are beating my DPS doesn't mean i'm a bad DPS" or "**** off,you don't know what your talking about".I am all for slamming that kick button on clowns like that.Lucky for me those type of run ins have been few and far between.

    Exactly. People assume I just go in sabotaging runs because I made a thread about people being kick-happy. I made a thread because I truly felt that it was unnecessary and very elitist behavior the few high dungeon runs I've had. Like if we got through the first 2 bosses in half an hour with 1 guy not reviving, how much of a handicap could I possibly be to your party. I know that's not optimal but I feel I'm doing decent for a PUG noob in situations like that.

    The first couple runs I admit I was truly clueless and offered to leave after dying to first boss repeatedly because I know I was sucking. Read and watched some stuff, was still a little confused but I was doing better than before but still getting kicked abruptly from runs including some of the extreme cases like my example above. Some of these runs, I wasn't even getting healed or the boss kept aggroing me as DPS but I never for one second even blamed anyone because I felt it was a new dungeon for many of us and I know I wasn't playing perfectly either. Used up my gold, healing pots, blessings, whatever. I don't care. Still it's the random that gets blamed and kicked.
  • I’m the child becuase I don’t see it the same as you. So you throw the towel and resort to insults lol. What is it if it’s not democracy? Four people voted you out sounds like it’s what everyone wanted to me, and I can see why.

    Listen bud, if you spent half the time you spent on this forum to watch a tutorial you’d have a much better edge in dungeons.

    And since were using insults, mr 30 year old man baby. You do read guides but you don’t becuase your old fashioned, nice immediate contradiction. You don’t look up builds becuase you know better than everyone else? Try to use your imagination a little but these guys run hard numbers there’s so much math involved they don’t simply try a group of crystals and say “oh that worked good” so show me your math or get off your high horse, becuase enivatebly if you do everything correct you’re going to end up at the same conclusion you could’ve found in 2 minutes on google.

    I look up guides as a base-line. I compare and contrast multiple builds and play styles and tweak it to fit my unique play style. But things are stagnant there is a cap on things like warrior is like 270 Crit cap if you want to have 100% Crit on scythe which is the only way to achieve max dps, but how you get there is up to you. Pvp is a great foundation for theory crafting but hard numbers go into PvE dps.

    And again you want me to accept your pish posh thrown together “im not taking this seriously, but I’m gonna complain of you don’t take me seriously” build.

    You’re out of your [filtered] mind, and you’re [filtered] right I’m gonna vote to kick you.

    You’re welcome
    I’m done.
  • FYJPM44MC4 wrote: »
    I’m the child becuase I don’t see it the same as you. So you throw the towel and resort to insults lol. What is it if it’s not democracy? Four people voted you out sounds like it’s what everyone wanted to me, and I can see why.

    Listen bud, if you spent half the time you spent on this forum to watch a tutorial you’d have a much better edge in dungeons.

    And since were using insults, mr 30 year old man baby. You do read guides but you don’t becuase your old fashioned, nice immediate contradiction. You don’t look up builds becuase you know better than everyone else? Try to use your imagination a little but these guys run hard numbers there’s so much math involved they don’t simply try a group of crystals and say “oh that worked good” so show me your math or get off your high horse, becuase enivatebly if you do everything correct you’re going to end up at the same conclusion you could’ve found in 2 minutes on google.

    I look up guides as a base-line. I compare and contrast multiple builds and play styles and tweak it to fit my unique play style. But things are stagnant there is a cap on things like warrior is like 270 Crit cap if you want to have 100% Crit on scythe which is the only way to achieve max dps, but how you get there is up to you. Pvp is a great foundation for theory crafting but hard numbers go into PvE dps.

    And again you want me to accept your pish posh thrown together “im not taking this seriously, but I’m gonna complain of you don’t take me seriously” build.

    You’re out of your [filtered] mind, and you’re [filtered] right I’m gonna vote to kick you.

    You’re welcome
    I’m done.

    You're not the expert you think you are because you read something off google.

    Good bye.
  • Lol and you’re not getting kicked from dungeons for no reason, there’s always a reason. All I’m trying to do is tell it like it is but you want to be bitter and say that everyone else is elitist society really benefits from finger pointers and complainers.
Sign In or Register to comment.