[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Probably the most elitist top playerbase I've ever seen

Comments

• Also I'm doing fine at 423 ilvl and making 30k gold a day easily without reading any guides. I don't think I need you to carry me through [filtered]. "Oh but this guide said you have to stand exactly where I'm telling you." You can read all day but this is a game. If I wanted to read I'd go buy a book. "Oh but the hard numbers tell me you need x to do y."

Developers usually make items close enough in output so that there are at least some build choices at end-game. If you think there is only 1 way to do anything in life, you are an inexperienced child. Not everything you read is correct. In most games, what works today doesn't necessarily work tomorrow as strategies are always evolving for better results. Who evolves those strategies? People who don't depend on guides, that's who.
  • To correct some false info.The kick system,as usual,is majority rules (not unanimous voting).I have missed a legitimate kick vote (offliner) and it still went through.As i said earlier,most are so quick on that kick option that they miss this fact.
  • Lmao you’re gonna have to stop playing the child card, if I was a child, which I’m not. If you’re 30 years old and arguing with kids online over a video game you’be got bigger problems than getting kicked out of dungeons.

You’re talking to talk and arguing to argue. I said very descriptively that I use those base lines to form my builds and meet my unique playstyle. But you’re not reading you’re just triggered and want to accomplish... what exactly? More power to the LFG Randoms?

I’m glad you’re doing well for yourself. I don’t use guides to make gold, in fact I’m terrible at it becuase I don’t like to farm. That’s not what we’re talking about. Again you’re trying to boast in an argument that you think you’re having with a child online. What are you trying to prove? It’s kind of pathetic at this point I think you need to re-evaluate.
  • FYJPM44MC4 wrote: »
    Lmao you’re gonna have to stop playing the child card, if I was a child, which I’m not. If you’re 30 years old and arguing with kids online over a video game you’be got bigger problems than getting kicked out of dungeons.

You’re talking to talk and arguing to argue. I said very descriptively that I use those base lines to form my builds and meet my unique playstyle. But you’re not reading you’re just triggered and want to accomplish... what exactly? More power to the LFG Randoms?

I’m glad you’re doing well for yourself. I don’t use guides to make gold, in fact I’m terrible at it becuase I don’t like to farm. That’s not what we’re talking about. Again you’re trying to boast in an argument that you think you’re having with a child online. What are you trying to prove? It’s kind of pathetic at this point I think you need to re-evaluate.

Yeah I'm ashamed of myself for that actually. In fact I did get triggered by the fact that random people on a forum started chiming in and assuming I'm some idiot who doesn't know how to play this game whining about nothing. Whether you agree or not, people are kick-happy in this game and it will be a problem for the game as a whole.

I didn't mean to boast or start an e-peen comeptition. Trust me, I don't even care about my Tera status, I'm just playing for my own enjoyment but elitists are hampering my experience. If you think I'm immature or some old loser for thinking so, perhaps you're right but my opinion on the end-game community is not invalid.

Anyways, any guilds in Thulsa that will tolerate a noob that's willing to listen and learn?
  • KiciukKiciuk ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Attitude as this have been done on PC and you can see in their forums the constant crypost about "dead game" but these players still take those measures against "noobs". I think a little bit more thought is needed in this matter rather to try to force people to know before hand a dungeon when the game was not made for you to know what is going to happen next but for you to discover and learn while playing the content as every game is made.
    Having shitload of traps doesnt make game alive.
    Its still dead.

When there is shitload of trash who don;t want progress and only want to be carriered i won't play with them, and if there is no experienced to play i won't play either.
    No difference, both cases makes me unable to play [filtered].
    At some point you have to stop lowest tier dungs and just run medium ones.
    Clearing mid ones will be pain.
    15 minutes to clear just one boss is unforgiveable when with same set of gear it should be done within 5minutes with players who put effort.

Twice i were suprised how IM party passed first ss boss.
    In both situations they all get ripped by Imperator(third boss) within first 30%.
    Noob ress is too much OP.

• > @Xerses said:
    > Tbh I was hopping this patch would have been far enough behind that we'd still have boon instead of the neophyte res system or w/e it's called. Current system is too forgiving on new players

I agree with this whole heartedly. When you have to either get rezzed by healer or eventually everyone dies, only then do ppl actually start paying attention to what and why they died.

Right now it's just... I have X amount of lives to get his hp to 0% , mechanics? What's that?

I remember wiping multiple times on PC because if you died... You were dead till someone else rezzed you.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kiciuk wrote: »
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Attitude as this have been done on PC and you can see in their forums the constant crypost about "dead game" but these players still take those measures against "noobs". I think a little bit more thought is needed in this matter rather to try to force people to know before hand a dungeon when the game was not made for you to know what is going to happen next but for you to discover and learn while playing the content as every game is made.
    Having shitload of traps doesnt make game alive.
    Its still dead.

When there is shitload of trash who don;t want progress and only want to be carriered i won't play with them, and if there is no experienced to play i won't play either.
    No difference, both cases makes me unable to play [filtered].
    At some point you have to stop lowest tier dungs and just run medium ones.
    Clearing mid ones will be pain.
    15 minutes to clear just one boss is unforgiveable when with same set of gear it should be done within 5minutes with players who put effort.

Twice i were suprised how IM party passed first ss boss.
    In both situations they all get ripped by Imperator(third boss) within first 30%.
    Noob ress is too much OP.

Pretty much, this is the best example of what I am talking about.

xD
  • It's called youtube. Educate yourself. If you can't take 5 minutes to learn the mechanics of the dungeon you're running then I'm not obligated to spend 15+ minutes struggling through it with you. Ignorance isn't an excuse, the knowledge is there and it's nothing short of laziness to claim otherwise. If you want to do something blind then do it with a guild who knows what they're getting into, not Instant matchmaking into a group that 9 times out of 10 expects you to already know your stuff.

Ignorance isn't an excuse, especially when it's willful ignorance. This isn't even elitism. That's just common [filtered] courtesy and not wasting the common man's time.
  • I would love to see this lazy generation of gamer try to cope with the web shut down for just 1 year.I wonder how many would quit gaming when they had to put the work in,instead of being able to ride on the back of others.It isn't ignorant to want to learn something the correct way,as apposed to having that knowledge handed to you on a platter.It is ignorant to go into IMS expecting nothing but experts.If you want an experienced group,build one in LFG.That is how it has always been done,LFG for strong groups and IMS if you don't care what you get.But it is becoming more common for people to not put the effort into building when they can just waste peoples time by abusing the conveyor belt that is IMS.
  • Wansanchez wrote: »
    I would love to see this lazy generation of gamer try to cope with the web shut down for just 1 year.I wonder how many would quit gaming when they had to put the work in,instead of being able to ride on the back of others.It isn't ignorant to want to learn something the correct way,as apposed to having that knowledge handed to you on a platter.It is ignorant to go into IMS expecting nothing but experts.If you want an experienced group,build one in LFG.That is how it has always been done,LFG for strong groups and IMS if you don't care what you get.But it is becoming more common for people to not put the effort into building when they can just waste peoples time by abusing the conveyor belt that is IMS.

Exactly. You saved me the energy of responding to more of the same responses. Thank you.
  • Hey if you kicked somebody once because they kept getting your party wiped or were truly not doing the basics, I think a kick vote is at least fair. I already gave examples of why I was kicked for stupid reasons including prideful raid leaders with a need to shift blame on others whenever they die or things don't go 100% their way or even if a random gets a dice roll.

If anybody else is going to come in with a carbon copy "I watched youtube so you're wasting my time" responses, don't bother responding because you are not capable of logic to me. You're the one wasting time of people who know how to think for themselves and you're making us get frustrated at how sheep-like this world has become. If you don't know how to think for yourself, you wouldn't understand our frustration. Simply put, you ain't on our level, homie. Don't talk about aerospace engineering if your expertise is plumbing.
  • Not matter what forum I'm on, topics like this always amuse me...
  • HvVproHvVpro ✭✭
    Very toxic and confrontational end game players indeed..
    Generation by generation it'll only get worse
    Doesn't help when a huge chunk are people with devil loving names.. smh
  • Wansanchez wrote: »
    I would love to see this lazy generation of gamer try to cope with the web shut down for just 1 year.I wonder how many would quit gaming when they had to put the work in,instead of being able to ride on the back of others.It isn't ignorant to want to learn something the correct way,as apposed to having that knowledge handed to you on a platter.It is ignorant to go into IMS expecting nothing but experts.If you want an experienced group,build one in LFG.That is how it has always been done,LFG for strong groups and IMS if you don't care what you get.But it is becoming more common for people to not put the effort into building when they can just waste peoples time by abusing the conveyor belt that is IMS.

Thank you. Couldn't have said it better myself. You're reply is 110% pure logic, and the fact that some people try to argue against your facts makes me wonder what schools this new generation of gamers went to because they all seem like retards or something. I mean come on do any of these younger gamers have any common sense at all? I grew up on games and the proper way to do things is by learning it as you go rather than spoiling the content by having someone hand you a platter and show you what to do. The point is to learn it and have fun doing it. Not to spoil it for yourself just to pander to some young elitist group of people who doesn't care about the community and abuses the vote kick system to build their perfect party in a place where they are SUPPOSED to be matched up with random people they do not know. I mean how petty can these idiots be? seriously?