Worth going with an archer?

I usually play my Brawler but feeling kinda bored of grinding so I thought of looking for a replacement, I don't usually play different classes but archer kinda caught my attention. Initially I was going for a reaper because it starts at level 50 but then I saw a few archer gameplay videos and it seems interesting.

How does it feels in our current patch? I don't really want to play another "complex" class on which the team will depend-on (like a healer).

Glad to read opinions.

Comments

• xmixxmix ✭✭
    I think archer needs a buff it feels kinda weak right now out of the two you mentioned I would deffo go reaper
  • SpunkidSpunkid ✭✭
    xmix wrote: »
    I think archer needs a buff it feels kinda weak right now out of the two you mentioned I would deffo go reaper

I read somewhere that it had some kind of buff on PC, is that correct?

Anyway, reaper is a close combat class isn't it? or not necessarily?
  • InzzaneInzzane ✭✭
    I have an Archer at 65 iLevel416 and it´s a lot of fun. Best part is that you don´t have set rotations for your skills. Mobility is great, 2 iframes to get out of sticky situations and good damage.

On PC Archer has gotten a buff but I don´t know if that buff is already on console or is still coming with a patch in the future
  • xmixxmix ✭✭
    I think the buff is coming for Archer. Reaper is close combat yes
  • SpunkidSpunkid ✭✭
    Are both classes (reaper and archer) built for crit? or is there other base stats that you also need to build for end-game?
  • xmixxmix ✭✭
    Yes build for crit.
  • TLXTLX ✭✭
    Tryed archer till lvl 65,the trick with the archer is to remain untouchable,i suggest to put the glyphs on focused aim and penetrating arrow of cancel movement restriction, they are a must have.
  • SpunkidSpunkid ✭✭
    Thanks a lot guys, I will probably try both a few levels and wait until May 18th if I decide archer play-style suits better for me and then level up to 65 to make use of those 10 days of double XP.

Any other advice?
  • SpunkidSpunkid ✭✭
    TLX wrote: »
    Tryed archer till lvl 65,the trick with the archer is to remain untouchable,i suggest to put the glyphs on focused aim and penetrating arrow of cancel movement restriction, they are a must have.

What are those for?
  • TLXTLX ✭✭
    Spunkid wrote: »
    TLX wrote: »

What are those for?
    For cancel movement restriction. When you use those two skills,you have movement restriction. If you put those glyphs,that movement restriction is cancelled.

• BaratosBaratos ✭✭
    Archer is in the top 3 dps right now
  • https://essentialmana.com/alukas-archer-guide/

https://essentialmana.com/chunts-pve-archer-guide/

Archer is one and will always be one of the top dps, because of it's ease of use and relying on a few skills. It's very similar to Berserker, but from range. Check out moongourd to look at PC average damage stats. Archer is usually either top dps or top 3 depending on boss.

https://moongourd.com/
  • xmix wrote: »
    Yes build for crit.

No don't build for Crit. Two of Archers main skills have triple crit glyphs. Meaning once you reach a certain point you are already at 100% crit. Build for power.
  • SpunkidSpunkid ✭✭
    13igTyme wrote: »
    xmix wrote: »
    Yes build for crit.

No don't build for Crit. Two of Archers main skills have triple crit glyphs. Meaning once you reach a certain point you are already at 100% crit. Build for power.

What the power stat stands for?